Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed in Bushrod this year don't think he is solution at LT - part of Brees struggles this year I think- maybe probably can't draft one this year early with need for defensive playmakers- was Charles Brown LT or RT?

On defense if D line gets better makes D backs better- need d line and olb first 2-3 picks. All RB on team are injury prone- quality pick there won't hurt

DeAngelo Williams injury prone hope they don't sign him unless it is a incentive deal

Comment

• Every pick in the first 3 rounds that is not spend on the front 7 is a wasted pick to me unless someone with ridiulous value falls to us

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by aregand View Post
        Disappointed in Bushrod this year don't think he is solution at LT - part of Brees struggles this year I think- maybe probably can't draft one this year early with need for defensive playmakers- was Charles Brown LT or RT?

On defense if D line gets better makes D backs better- need d line and olb first 2-3 picks. All RB on team are injury prone- quality pick there won't hurt

DeAngelo Williams injury prone hope they don't sign him unless it is a incentive deal
        Its going to be our future LT is Brown and RT Bushrod.

And wicket I pretty much agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
          Isn't our 3rd rounder and 4th gone in trade? Im trying to remember exactly our trades for this years draft and all.
          We have two 3rds (from Washington) but no 4th, 5th or 6th.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Would love to get Fairley he's a nasty guy but would bring some intensity we need on D. Would have to trade up for him. I agree front seven is focus. Hope Brown is ready for LT soon. Still need good RB depth but NO staff has been exceptional at finding productive offensive skill players and o lineman overall. Gresham is going to be a beast if he can stay healthy.

Aside I think Jerrell Powe is going to be a good run stopper but he was very inconsistent for his measurables.

Comment

• So, after doing a couple mock drafts and reading several others I have to say that I think it's going to take a miracle for Von Miller to fall to us. So, right now that is my dream scenario since it doesn't look like it will happen.

Now, I'm trying to decide who would be #2 on my list behind Miller. It will more than likely be a DE unless we reach for someone like Bruce Carter, who will be recovering from an injury.
              Akeem Ayers is a possibility if he fell in the draft. I'd definitely love to get him. Allen Bailey should be there and he could be our future LDE. Aldon Smith could also fall to us as well.
              Stephen Paea is too similar to Sedrick Ellis and I would rather target a NT than a 3-tech. Cameron Heyward could be there as well but he also is more of a 3-tech, same thing with Drake Nevis.

I don't see it as a possibility that Ryan Kerrigan, Adrian Clayborn (who I don't want) or J.J. Watt falling to us.

There should be good value for a RT with Castonzo, Solder, and others possibly being there.

So right now I'm at a loss. Who would you guys want?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Yeah I don't think Von Miller falls to us, I think he's hands down the best Outside Backer in this Draft. We'd probably have to package 1 one of our 3rd rounders in a deal to move up to have a chance.

I'd probably take Allen Bailey if he's there. Someone else I'm thinking of that might be a possibility is Greg Jones, LB from Michigan St. He played inside, but I believe he has the versatility to play outside in our scheme.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2397
                Greg Jones, LB, Michigan St.
                Jones will go down as one of the best linebackers, if not the best, to play as a Michigan State Spartan. In 2009, Jones was a consensus All-America selection and named the Big Ten defensive player of the year. What sets Jones apart is his ability to play at an elite level (not only as a run stopper, but he plays very fluidly in pass coverage). He lacks ideal middle linebacker size, but makes up for this with natural instincts and quickness. An excellent wrap-up tackler, Jones quickly closes on ball-carriers and plays low in order to stop larger players. A match-up concern against power backs or bigger tight ends, he must continue to bulk up before going to the next level. Jones will be highly considered by teams using a 3-4 defense as a ILB. He has an incredible vision and ability to play from sideline to sideline with speed and tenacity. Jones is a humble player who is a natural leader that plays with passion on the field. He has great anticipation in diagnosing plays and can single-handedly stop a play on his own. While he is an effective blitzer, his lack of size can work against him inside the trenches since he can be overpowered. Jones flows naturally to the ball and plays within his assignments very successfully. He is considered among the nation's best at his position and likely a mid-to-late first round selection.
                Last edited by Auron; 01-15-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• do NOT want bailey, there are a ton of DEnds i want more

Aldon Smith
                  Cam Heyward
                  Adrian Clayborn
                  Ryan Kerrigan
                  JJ Watt

are all DEnds id take over Bailey. Bailey is a crazy good athlete but the things he can do dont fit all that well and you dont see his measurables on the field

- No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I like Jones as well and think we can get him in the 2nd round. Through workouts and the combine we'll see if his draft stock rises but as of now he's a 2nd round guy that would be a HUGE reach if we got him in the first.

There are a ton of positional tweeners in this years draft. Out of all the guys you mentioned, wicket, I would take J.J. Watt. I absolutely think that guy is a beast and would do wonders in our scheme. Next would be Kerrigan. I'm iffy on Heyward and need to read up on him more and I'm not a fan of Clayborn. I think he has high bust potential.

I think the best case scenario if Kerrigan, Watt, V. Miller, Aldon Smith, and Ayers aren't there is to trade down into the top of the 2nd. Get more picks and then pick Greg Jones.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I love Clayborne and Allen Bailey.

I agree with the front 7 talk, but I feel like you can never draft enough quality O-linemen as well, so I'd be happy going there too.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        I love Clayborne and Allen Bailey.

I agree with the front 7 talk, but I feel like you can never draft enough quality O-linemen as well, so I'd be happy going there too.
                        But how many quality OL is enough? We will have Brown, Stinchcomb, Evans, Tennant back for sure, with Strief and Nicks definately staying. Bushrod might get a big payday, but for now lets imagine him back. Our biggest need then is OG, which we can pick up in the 3rd round with our 3rd. I would say, more so then this past year, that if we don't get a OLB in the first two rounds it will be a major bust of a draft. Shanle, Dunbar, and Ingram are all FA's, so whose are OLBs? Cassilas and Arnoux, with only Vilma in the middle. We need to get some guys there, because we won't have cap to sign guys when our money will go into signing our key FAs (Moore,Nicks,Ayodele,Hargrove,Harper,Young) so draft is where will have to pick up atleast one starter. I would love Akeem Ayers personally. Greg Jones in the 2nd would be a beast of a draft. Play outside til Vilma is gone, then slide to middle.

Comment

• Stinchcomb is trash, goodwin is mediocre, and Bushrod could easily be upgraded.

If we didn't have a gaping hole in 1-2 spots, I'd be inclined to agree, I do like some of our depth.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• My top 3 that I'd like in the first round:

1st round
                            Von Miller
                            Akeem Ayers
                            Stephen Paea

2nd round
                            Greg Jones
                            Bruce Carter
                            Jerrel Powe

If we went Paea in the first this is what I'd like our draft to turn out (best case scenario):

1st. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State.
                            2nd. Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State
                            3rd. Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
                            3rd. Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon
                            Last edited by diabsoule; 01-16-2011, 06:16 PM.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• My top 3 first round:
                              1 Ryan Kerrigan
                              2 Cameron Heyward
                              3 JJ Watt

My top 3 second round
                              1 Greg Jones
                              2 Bruce Carter
                              3 Martez Wilson

- No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Round 1
                                1. Drake Nevis
                                2. Cameron Heyward
                                3. Allen Bailey

Round 2
                                1. Bruce Carter
                                2. Mark Herzlich
                                3. Greg Jones