Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon guys.. he's our first round pick. His name is M-E-A-C-H-E-M. ;)

Here's a quote from Alleman that I just LOVE:

Alleman is a 6-4, 302-pound native of football hotbed of Massilon, Ohio. He was thrilled at the news that he would be a Saint and enthusiastically participated in conference call with the New Orleans media after his selection. "I am really, I don't even know the word, but I am just numb. I am coming down there to block for Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush! Whew! I am so fired up."
    "I can't wait to get there!" he said.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Well, then. That was an odd selection.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• With the 107th overall we took Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State. Very disappointing if you ask me!

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• what are we doing?

Comment

• Antonio Pittman?!?!?! What was the reasoning for this?

Comment

• I have no idea. Why not use the pick to get Ben Patrick or Ryan McBean?

Comment

• It's just... a strange and odd pick when we have other needs available. Granted, some could say he was the BPA but... urm.. yeah.

Comment

• The only thing I can think of is Pittman is going to be groom to be Deuce's replacement if we ever have to trade or release him. Only thing that makes sense to me.

Comment

• The Saints traded a fourth round pick (#123) and a fifth round pick (#163) in exchange for the 107th selection.

gave up a lot to get him

Comment

• ... and I don't like it. Why not Patrick, Blades, McBride or DeOssie?

Comment

• Yeah very questionable selection with Pittman, I don't understand it much at all.

Comment

• siler or patrick with 125

Comment

• Sadly it didn't happen. Jermon Bushrod, OT, Towson is the pick.

Comment

• Jermon Bushrod, OT Townson.

Prospect Profile
                              After the success the New Orleans Saints had in unearthing Jahri Evans (Indiana, Pa.) to play on their playoff-bound offensive line in 2006, professional scouts are in agreement that Bushrod could have the same success as Evans at the next level.

The four-year starter has explosive quickness off the snap and the long reach to keep defenders at bay. He developed into an efficient trap blocker and his quickness could see him shift from left tackle to the right side, or possibly to guard, to take advantage of his pulling skills.
                              Looks like the team feels Offensive line depth is a huge need right now. My best guess for the Pittman pick is that they are looking for a replacement for Stecker, and possibly a special teams/kick returner contributor.

Comment

• i like Towson... maybe siler or patrick with 145

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information