• New Orleans Saints Discussion

Discuss the Saints here.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Come on, nobody wants to talk about the 6-2 Saints?

How about this: Is Marques Colston the real deal and will he be Rookie of the Year?
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Sorry, I haven't been around the past couple of days. School work is bearing down on me.

I think Colston is the real deal and I think he wins ROY. He has just been a huge key to the success of the Saints.

I'm a little hesitant about the Saints due to the fact that they have a history of second half collapses. I think Payton is different but we will just have to wait and see.

Do you think that we can beat the Steelers? If so, what are the keys to success against them?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

I, for one, do think that Colston is the real deal and if he keeps up his success in the 2nd half of the season then he should win ROY. I think when I think of a current NFL player I see him as a T.O. type WR minus the attitude and with better hands. He's not quite at Owens' level at making plays after the catch, but I think he'll get there. He's been a stud for us so far and everyone who thought we were dumb for trading away Stallworth look kinda silly now.

And how about the Devery Henderson against TB? With him being healthy and out of Payton's doghouse, he looked very much like Stallworth for us with his ability to stretch the field. If he could provide that for us each week... our offense just added another dimension.

Yeah, I'm worried about the second half too... our schedule is just killer. But, I really have faith in Sean Payton. This is a completely different team of years past so we'll see how it goes. Winning the division and getting a first round bye in the playoffs would be orgasmic. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

As for the Steelers... we can win this game. We can win any game against any team in the NFL if we play like we're capable of, but this is not going to be an easy game by ANY means. I think the keys are to shutdown Willie Parker and force BenRo to beat us kinda like we did against Vick. I worry that Heath Miller and Hines Ward will make us pay, but if we can force some turnovers I'll breath easy. On offense, we have to protect Brees' against Pittsburgh's blitz and pound the ball heavily with Deuce. I really don't think Bush will be a factor in this game as a runner, but as a receiver I think he can make some big plays for us.

This game really reminds me of the Ravens' game we lost... but I think the real reason we lost that game was due to stupid, silly turnovers/penalties and if we cut those out... I think we can win in Pittsburgh. I won't be able to see the game due to A) it's not in my area and B) I have a project to work on but it should be a good game.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
            Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(
            I think Horn is about to just wear down. I can't see how he would have many more years left in his tank. I think he's good for one more year at most.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.
                I think we're going to address that position in the draft and maybe pick up a decent FA. I think we're going defense in the 2nd Rd.

WHO DAT!

Comment

what happened to my hometown man alfred fincher? he needs some PT...

Comment

Originally posted by mpt117
                    He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
                      Originally posted by mpt117
                      He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.
                      i wonder why...i know haslett was and he was a first teamer since may at practice and TC...was penciled in as the starter for the season until the simoneau trade. from what i hear he played good during the preseason and other saints fans want him to see the field more often to see what he can do

Comment

sry double post

Comment

Damn, Saints lost. We're still a game ahead of the Falcoons. We gotta win more of our games now. This was a tough loss esp. after I picked the Saints in pick'em.

WHO DAT!

Comment

You all would have won if you had Joe Horn.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I was actually rooting for the Saints... that one was tough to watch. I HATE Joey Porter and seeing him happy disgusts me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information