Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    I think Zach Strief is going to be our future RT. IMO, Safety is this teams top priority. Then OLB, then DT.
    This is where you and I disagree. I'd really rather start with OLB. I feel if we could get a ball-hawk, play-maker like Curry, our defense would improve exponentially.




    2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      This is where you and I disagree. I'd really rather start with OLB. I feel if we could get a ball-hawk, play-maker like Curry, our defense would improve exponentially.
      We're still getting beat deep, though, and that's a huge concern of mine, especially when we have Kevin Kaesviharn starting at FS. That speaks volumes about our secondary right there. From watching Saints games you can tell that the Roman Harper selection isn't panning out either since he is constantly getting beat deep. He's good in run support and would make an excellent in-the-box safety but his coverage skills are almost non-existent, at least from what I've seen.
      True, Aaron Curry is amazing and come draft he might be BPA, but if William Moore is there come the Saints pick I think he has to be the selection.

      Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

      Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

      Comment


      • Roman Harper really hasn't gotten beat deep all year... everything has been completed on KK's side. Harper is just fine.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

        “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

        Comment


        • Yeah, I'm good with Harper actually, he's never going to be a superstar, but he's solid as hell, and could sneak into a pro-bowl 1 time. He's a hammer in the run game, and he's solid in deep coverage, and a terror in the flats. Hands need some work though.

          At this point, I really love William Moore and Aaron Curry, so getting either would make me really happy, but I think we have to look O-Line if one of the big time prospects drop. Otherwise, I'm leaning toward William Moore at FS, but I'd be happy with Curry too.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            how are tackles insignificant? Yes they are not the most important but I dont think they are that insignificant.
            Its not that they are insignificant, however there should be more stats such as tkl for loss, tkl within 3 yards etc. I f you make 100 tackles for a gain of 5-10 yards as a LB its not a good sign


            BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

            Comment


            • Well, Carolina is on the board with a Field Goal.




              2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

              Comment


              • To sum it all up we sucked. Not to take anything away from our mediocre secondary but our offensive line was terrible at best today. Also i want to give some credit to our punt coverage that also helped a major way in deciding this game. Both Shockey and Colston werent ready yet imo they looked pedestrian.


                Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

                Comment


                • On the bright side, despite the terrible line play, Deuce and Bush were both running effectively before it got out of reach.

                  If only our line could play well in both phases consistently.

                  I'm still on the draft an O-linemen wagon. I think we could get a good coverage safety, and have Porter come back healthy and be fine in that category, but I think we need some elite help at tackle, and a mauler at C.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

                  Comment


                  • Well... we failed the test.

                    Anyone else think Colston, and Shockey's return to the line-up was a bit pre-mature? It seemed like they might have held the Offense up, Drew didn't seem to be in sync with them. Colston dropped some easy passes, and Shockey didn't look like he was 100% ready to be out there. They probably needed a few more practices to be out on the field on Game Day.

                    Season is not lost too early, but we dropped a big one today. Next weeks game is a toss up, who knows how either team will respond to the traveling conditions. If we win that we have a shot at climbing back into things, but with the way the other teams in our Division have been playing we have a very small margin for error the rest of the way.

                    Comment


                    • I'm just hoping that Bush will be OK for next week. Can we catch a break here?




                      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        I'm just hoping that Bush will be OK for next week. Can we catch a break here?
                        -Reggie out 4-6 weeks (possibly longer)

                        Per Saints sources....

                        Comment


                        • Reggie Bush news...

                          http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...parr101908.htm

                          Comment


                          • Injuries have killed this season.

                            Maybe next year.

                            Comment


                            • It's not over for the Saints yet. I know it's looking tough because the South has risen again...the NFC South anyway. Losing Bush is really no loss at all, not with a healthy Colston and Shockey (they'll get there) I'm FAR more afraid of the Saints with Deuce back there than Reggie Bust running around out of the backfield. 1 decent spy solves that problem most of the time. Obviously it detracts from the overall defense. Anyway that's not the point. The Saints are far from out of it though.

                              They have too good of an offense to be out of it. Your defense is atrocious, that's not going to change anytime soon. But you have the league's MVP if the Saints get it turned around in Drew Brees. Guy is ballin out of his mind.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                                It's not over for the Saints yet. I know it's looking tough because the South has risen again...the NFC South anyway. Losing Bush is really no loss at all, not with a healthy Colston and Shockey (they'll get there) I'm FAR more afraid of the Saints with Deuce back there than Reggie Bust running around out of the backfield. 1 decent spy solves that problem most of the time. Obviously it detracts from the overall defense. Anyway that's not the point. The Saints are far from out of it though.

                                They have too good of an offense to be out of it. Your defense is atrocious, that's not going to change anytime soon. But you have the league's MVP if the Saints get it turned around in Drew Brees. Guy is ballin out of his mind.
                                You can not say that the Saints losing Bush is really no loss at all. Thats crazy, he almost single handly won them the game vs. the Vikings. Im much more afraid of Reggie on swing routes and being matched up w/ a backer on check downs, than I am of Duece. No disrespect to Duece, but in no way is he as dynamic as Reggie.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information