This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
    I waited this long, but i gotta know, what are Saints fans thoughts on my boy Jonathan Vilma this season thus far? I haven't got to see him as much as i have in the past (college and as a Jet), but i stlil love the guy to death, hope you guys are enjoying his play this year. What are your thoughts?
    He's pretty much been the Defensive MVP, (for what we actually do right on Defense) Very smart LB, always around the ball, solid tackler. He got juked out on a LT touchdown but honestly what LB in this league doesn't get flat-footed by Tomlinson. Leading the team in tackles with 72, and had the game clinching Interception yesterday. Definitely the kind of LB we have been missing on Defense.

As far as Miller goes he's a very solid Tight End who always seems to sneak up on Defenses and bite them for big catches in situations where they seem to ignore him, but he doesn't offer much in terms of athleticism, can't stretch the middle of the field like Shockey can. Either way he's a good back-up, role player to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      What did Steve Weatherford do to get cut?

Anyway, here we'll see Sean Payton go to an old school running system instead of the gimmicks and we will thrive.
      He was probably sleeping with Sean Paytons daughter. Keep up the good work Saints.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• Vilma has been doing great, he has a nose for the ball, which I love.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Yeah really good pickup.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• New Orleans releases K Taylor Melhaff and P Ben Graham

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=clayton_john

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Like I said, me and my boy have been outside practicing kicking the ball over the fence.

Comment

• Saints sign kicker and punter

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008...oose_kick.html

The new kicker is Garrett Hartley and punter Glenn Pakulak.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• lets just try and play a different kicker and punter every week

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• How long before we get Morten Andersen on the phone? ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Right now, Mike Mallory is flying to Yugoslavia to look for a mule named Gus.

Comment

• We should've kept John Carney. :(
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Charles Grant placed on IR, Saints Re-Sign Hollis Thomas

http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles...%20Thomas.aspx

I had no idea Grant was even injured but oh well... I think this is it for the season. I kinda see us going after KGB now, though, to help shore up our D-Line.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Predictions on the Falcons game?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Charles Grant placed on IR, Saints Re-Sign Hollis Thomas

http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles...%20Thomas.aspx

I had no idea Grant was even injured but oh well... I think this is it for the season. I kinda see us going after KGB now, though, to help shore up our D-Line.
                              I guess they figure with a suspension looming and a injury that would most likely linger and hamper his abilities when he does play, might as well put him on IR. I hope we at least take a long look at KGB. I'm certainly fine with McCray but would love to have another pass rusher in the rotation.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Week 10: New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

Another toughie, we have been poor so far on the road but we need this one baddd. This game in my mind could be a season maker or breaker, if we want to stand any chance for a play-off place we just simply need to win this one.
                                I think Colston should be ready to play at his own level again which should further help out our passing game. Also the rest of our injuries seem to have eased up a bit. Losing Grant will make a big difference though. I'm looking for a linebackers to step up and help make atlanta one dimensional. As good as he has looked Matt Ryan has looked kinda fragile in obvious passing situations IMO.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information