This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
    In the Colts offense EVERY running back thrives. In the saint offense ONE does.
    ?

Today
    Pierre - 16 carries, 6.4 YPC
    Bush - 10 carries, 8.0 YPC

Comment

• Is this dude serious? When u have a run go for 40+ yards and you only have 10 carries ur yards per carry will be abnormally high. Please try to make the argument that Bush was the more productive runner today and I'll just leave it alone. It really won't even be worth my time to try to explain football to you.
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

Is this dude serious? When u have a run go for 40+ yards and you only have 10 carries ur yards per carry will be abnormally high. Please try to make the argument that Bush was the more productive runner today and I'll just leave it alone. It really won't even be worth my time to try to explain football to you.
        Boy, I'm not sure I could handle such an obviously informed football opinion. My brain might start leaking.

Listen. Everything is based on situation. Pierre is a good runner, but he and Bush were both very successful today, which would seem to indicate that more than one runner has success in that offense. In terms of total offensive yardage, Pierre had 3 more yards on four more touches. I'm not trying to denigrate Pierre, but you stance that he's the glue of that offense and that he's the only successful running back on that team is frankly delusional.

Comment

Dude I never said that Brees isn't a good quarterback. He is more efficient and better when the offense is ran through Thomas. On top of this, the team is better. And Brees has nothing to do with Thomas' kick returns. Have u ever watched him play? Be honest. Yes, the guy has a good qb but his success has nothing to do with Brees being good. Brees has NO effect on his ability to read holes, break tackles and fight for extra yards. Reggie Bush 3.3. Deuce 3.6. Pierre Thomas 4.6. The numbers don't lie.
          yes. Pierre Thomas had 200 yards against the Bears, and i saw them play. He is a nice RB, kinda does what Deuce did 2 years ago. But nothing special at all.

******* Pierre sparks the rush offense. But he is NOTHING Special. Brees makes that team. There is no game Pierre Thomas won them

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            Boy, I'm not sure I could handle such an obviously informed football opinion. My brain might start leaking.

Listen. Everything is based on situation. Pierre is a good runner, but he and Bush were both very successful today, which would seem to indicate that more than one runner has success in that offense. In terms of total offensive yardage, Pierre had 3 more yards on four more touches. I'm not trying to denigrate Pierre, but you stance that he's the glue of that offense and that he's the only successful running back on that team is frankly delusional.

I was about to just leave the situation alone but this is downright laughable. Are you making the basis of your whole argument off of ONE game? Can you really let ONE game lead you to believe that both are successful in the offense? Do u suffer from memory loss or do you not remember last weeks 3 carry O yard performance by Bush? I'm looking at season and career numbers, along with actual game film, to support my argument. What are you using as your argument to prove that he is NOT the only successful running back on the team?

Comment

• Why wouldn't a situation when they're running behind an offensive line that's performing the same, against the same defense, in the same part of the year mean a whole lot? We haven't had many chances to see the two perform alongside each other. Besides, this was easily Pierre's best game all season. If you're using past performances and ignoring this game as simply one occurence, what evidence are you using that he makes this offense go?

Comment

• I love this guy, Ive liked him since he was a rook

Comment

I was about to just leave the situation alone but this is downright laughable. Are you making the basis of your whole argument off of ONE game? Can you really let ONE game lead you to believe that both are successful in the offense? Do u suffer from memory loss or do you not remember last weeks 3 carry O yard performance by Bush? I'm looking at season and career numbers, along with actual game film, to support my argument. What are you using as your argument to prove that he is NOT the only successful running back on the team?
                  Everyone knows Reggie Bush is not a great inside the tackles runners. And he still succeed this year. I dont get your laugh. How many games have you seen

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                      who was that directed at?

EDIT: nvm, i forgot what he wrote.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        yes. Pierre Thomas had 200 yards against the Bears, and i saw them play. He is a nice RB, kinda does what Deuce did 2 years ago. But nothing special at all.

******* Pierre sparks the rush offense. But he is NOTHING Special. Brees makes that team. There is no game Pierre Thomas won them
                        WTF are u talking about? Pierre won them the game today. On the post-game show he was declared the player of the game. NOT Brees. And the one game you saw of Thomas was his first career start, in which he had 100+ rushing and 100+ receiving and your take on him is that he is nothing special? No saint has ever done that before and that was the impression he left on you? You're comin on here and commenting on a thread where you've only seen the player in question play ONE time. Just watch the guy play. There are subtleties to the game of football that can't be measured in stats. Strength, size and speed doesn't always make a great runningback. He does all the little things that make an rb great. Just like before the draft when I was the only one saying that Matt Forte would be a very successful tailback, while everyone else (Scott Wright included) compared him to Jacob Hester and call him a fullback or fullback/tailback hybrid, I actually watch the guy play so I can accurately get a read on his talent. As the season goes on more and more people will start to realize that the guy is special. Remember where you heard it first.

Comment

• it was the Bears. The bears were ******* horrible last year. I couldve done that against the bears.

And no i havent seen him only 1 time. I saw the Saints in both TB games, the Denver game, and the SD game. He was a nice RB, a really good compliment to Bush. But he was nothing special. U know whats special? LT. Westbrook. A RB that is carrying his team. He is playing on a pass first team. Has nice stats. So how can u say he doesnt benefit from Brees and teh #1 ranked pass offense? EVERYONE would benefit from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            Why wouldn't a situation when they're running behind an offensive line that's performing the same, against the same defense, in the same part of the year mean a whole lot? We haven't had many chances to see the two perform alongside each other. Besides, this was easily Pierre's best game all season. If you're using past performances and ignoring this game as simply one occurence, what evidence are you using that he makes this offense go?
                            This game is not being ignored, my point is that its a part of a sample. Today's game is not the end all be all. I'm looking at the overall picture and you're simply using a game, which Pierre was far more productive, to prove that Bush is successful in the offense.

Comment

• so how about the other things Bush has done this year? IMO Bush is more valuable to the team than Thomas. Not to the rushing game but the Offense
                              Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 12-07-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                so how about the other things Bush has done this year? IMO Bush is more valuable to the team than Thomas. Not to the rushing game but the Offense
                                Again...wholeheartedly disagree. Bush's ypc is down and his drops are up greatly this year. If you watch the saints play then you would easily see this. I, too, loved Bush comin out of college but the guy aint the same player. Zero toughness. Zero ability as a runner. Minimal receiving ability. Down there with T.O. and Colston for having the worst hands this year. An accurate comparison for him would be Jamaal Charles with a bigger contract and much less running ability. His only value has been as a punt returner this year. What else exactly has Bush done this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information