Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this probably won't do a damn bit of good but I've been pouring over assistant coaches in the league trying to find some of the guys that I'd like to become our next defensive coordinator. Here are some that I've been very intrigued by:

Sean McDermott (Current PHI secondary coach) - Andy Reid has nothing but praise for him and he's at the top of my list. I see him as a Steve Spagnuolo type of DC.

Raheem Morris (Current TB secondary coach)
    - Word is that he will be Monte Kiffin's replacement if he leaves to go to UT. Personally, I'd love for Morris to come to N.O. and install a Cover 2 secondary scheme. We have the CB's in place, all we need our the safeties and we're looking to replace our current ones anyway.
    With it pretty much a lock for him to stay in TB is why he's my #2.

Bill Sheridan (Current NYG linebackers coach) - Supposedly the Giants want him to become their DC if Spags leaves. If that doesn't tell you anything then nothing will.

Casey Bradley (Current TB linebackers coach) - A youthful former collegiate player, Bradley works very closely with Monte Kiffin in helping to formulate game plans. He's known for his defensive prowess and been successful in each coaching position he's held. He's young but I think he's worth taking a risk on.

Alan Williams (Current IND secondary coach) - A disciple of Tony Dungy and whose been a long time assistant to him, Williams has coached the Colts secondary since 2001. He's helped develop and bring along all of their corners as well as develop Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea into top safeties. He knows the Cover 2 very well and knows how to utilize the safeties.

Keith Butler (current PIT linebackers coach) - He has been in this position for the past five years and has developed each of the Steelers linebacking units in as many years. His linebackers are known for their intensity and physicality as well as their aggressiveness. I'm not sure how he'd be as a DC but if we can learn anything from how his LB's play in the game then I think he may be aggressive, intelligent, and intense.

Mark Duffner (Current JAX linebackers coach) - Jacksonville traditionally has strong linebackers and this guy knows how to develop them. He instills an old school toughness in the LB's and makes them feared on the field.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• The Saints should hire former LSU Assistant Head Coach/Current Vikings D-Line coach Karl Dunbar. It amazes me he hasn't gotten a promotion somewhere. He's been successful almost everywhere he's been.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        I know this probably won't do a damn bit of good but I've been pouring over assistant coaches in the league trying to find some of the guys that I'd like to become our next defensive coordinator. Here are some that I've been very intrigued by:

Sean McDermott (Current PHI secondary coach) - Andy Reid has nothing but praise for him and he's at the top of my list. I see him as a Steve Spagnuolo type of DC.

Raheem Morris (Current TB secondary coach)
        - Word is that he will be Monte Kiffin's replacement if he leaves to go to UT. Personally, I'd love for Morris to come to N.O. and install a Cover 2 secondary scheme. We have the CB's in place, all we need our the safeties and we're looking to replace our current ones anyway.
        With it pretty much a lock for him to stay in TB is why he's my #2.

Bill Sheridan (Current NYG linebackers coach) - Supposedly the Giants want him to become their DC if Spags leaves. If that doesn't tell you anything then nothing will.

Casey Bradley (Current TB linebackers coach) - A youthful former collegiate player, Bradley works very closely with Monte Kiffin in helping to formulate game plans. He's known for his defensive prowess and been successful in each coaching position he's held. He's young but I think he's worth taking a risk on.

Alan Williams (Current IND secondary coach) - A disciple of Tony Dungy and whose been a long time assistant to him, Williams has coached the Colts secondary since 2001. He's helped develop and bring along all of their corners as well as develop Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea into top safeties. He knows the Cover 2 very well and knows how to utilize the safeties.

Keith Butler (current PIT linebackers coach) - He has been in this position for the past five years and has developed each of the Steelers linebacking units in as many years. His linebackers are known for their intensity and physicality as well as their aggressiveness. I'm not sure how he'd be as a DC but if we can learn anything from how his LB's play in the game then I think he may be aggressive, intelligent, and intense.

Mark Duffner (Current JAX linebackers coach) - Jacksonville traditionally has strong linebackers and this guy knows how to develop them. He instills an old school toughness in the LB's and makes them feared on the field.

Keith Butler and Sean McDermott would be my picks. I also still like
        G. Williams and he just got dropped from the Jags. I just dont think we put to much pressure on QB's we almost never Blitz. We really could be so much better with better coaching on the D.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          The Saints should hire former LSU Assistant Head Coach/Current Vikings D-Line coach Karl Dunbar. It amazes me he hasn't gotten a promotion somewhere. He's been successful almost everywhere he's been.
          I was looking at him last night and he seems to have most of his success at the colliegiate level. If we could hire him as a DL coach then I'd be all for it, I'm just not sure if he's anything more than that.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I was looking at him last night and he seems to have most of his success at the colliegiate level. If we could hire him as a DL coach then I'd be all for it, I'm just not sure if he's anything more than that.
            You wouldn't consider the Vikings and Bears defensive line to be successful?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

You wouldn't consider the Vikings and Bears defensive line to be successful?
              I said most, not all, of his success has come at the collegiate level. He coached the Bears DL for one year. Forgive me for being skeptical of someone who has had success with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen playing on the same DL together.

Three nonconsecutive years in the NFL, two while coaching one of the most talented defensive line units in the league, hardly makes me want to pause and toss his name in the ring to be a defensive coordinator.

Someone who I wouldn't mind considering is Bud Foster.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Mike Lombardi thinks Derrick Ward would be a great fit in New Orleans. I find that funny since I think the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d90964

WHO DAT!

Comment

The Saints should hire former LSU Assistant Head Coach/Current Vikings D-Line coach Karl Dunbar. It amazes me he hasn't gotten a promotion somewhere. He's been successful almost everywhere he's been.
                  I think he's going to make a really good DC for somebody eventually.

Comment

I said most, not all, of his success has come at the collegiate level. He coached the Bears DL for one year. Forgive me for being skeptical of someone who has had success with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen playing on the same DL together.

Three nonconsecutive years in the NFL, two while coaching one of the most talented defensive line units in the league, hardly makes me want to pause and toss his name in the ring to be a defensive coordinator.

Someone who I wouldn't mind considering is Bud Foster.
                    I would have a burning desire to destroy something if Bud Foster left.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Reggie Bush had Microfracture Knee Surgery

A serious blow for Bush.

From rotoworld.com

Saints GM Mickey Loomis revealed Tuesday that Reggie Bush recently had microfracture surgery on his left knee.

The Saints initially called the surgery a simple scope, but it was much more serious and deals a blow to Bush's long-term outlook. While Loomis claims Bush will be ready by June minicamps, that's far from certain. Athletes that need microfracture typically are nearing a bone-on-bone condition due to a lack of cartilage in a joint. The procedure doesn't always fix the problem. This is the third operation on Bush's left knee in the last two years, which is a very negative sign for a player that relies so much on cutting ability and speed.

Comment

• I think Jason Kidd had that and it slowed him down afterwards. Man his career really hasn't panned out the way I imagined it when he first got drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          I think Jason Kidd had that and it slowed him down afterwards. Man his career really hasn't panned out the way I imagined it when he first got drafted.
                          You are not alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            You are not alone.
                            He was supposed to be something special. Basically all the success Peterson has had for the Vikings I expected that kind of success. Bush has amazing running skills, with hands like Brian Westbrook, with special teams skills like Hester. He was supposed to take this league by storm, and have an impact like Peterson and the other players. But instead it has been sporadic, with lots of injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              I think Jason Kidd had that and it slowed him down afterwards. Man his career really hasn't panned out the way I imagined it when he first got drafted.
                              That's an understatement.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Yikes, not looking too great for his future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information