Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister helped deliver Jabari Greer's baby today :D She said she thought she was gonna have to pick Jabari up off the floor, haha.

Congrats!!
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• congrats jabari

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Good to know that Jabari is still the man.

But Fred Jackson is gonna keep the ball out of Breesus' hands next week. He probably won't have more than 3 incompletions, but we're going shot for shot!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Good to know that Jabari is still the man.

But Fred Jackson is gonna keep the ball out of Breesus' hands next week. He probably won't have more than 3 incompletions, but we're going shot for shot!
          I'm looking forward to it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Yeah Jabari Greer has played absolutely wonderful up to now. :D Opening Week he allowed next to nothing to Calvin Johnson, and yesterday he was barely thrown at from what I saw... also has been a very solid tackler. He made a really nice open field tackle I believe on Westbrook...

he's going to have his work cut out for him next week going up against T.O, and Evans.

Comment

• Bell and Moore are both out against Buffalo.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Jammal Brown on IR, this is a serious disappointment to me, though he would be back for at least some of the season. better hope either bushrod or strief grow into the job

- No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Per ESPN: Saints LT Jammal Brown has been placed on IR, ending his season.

I guess the hip injury and subsequent surgery was worse than expected. Here's hoping Bushrod and Strief can keep up the good work.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Per ESPN: Saints LT Jammal Brown has been placed on IR, ending his season.

I guess the hip injury and subsequent surgery was worse than expected. Here's hoping Bushrod and Strief can keep up the good work.
                    I liked the way Bushrod has been playing but Strief looked bad when he came in at LT. He is better at the right side. I just hope Bushrod can stay healthy.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Bushrod hasn't really looked like a worldbeater at LT...
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Well no matter how we slice it this is a big time blow. Mostly all of us thought we'd have our Pro-Bowl Left Tackle back by Mid-season.. this means the injury issues with the hip, and sports hernia were a lot worse then previously thought, or he had a setback.

It's not the end of the world however.. we've won our first 3 games without Brown and I think we can continue to have success Offensively without him. Payton and co. will just have to continue to keep scheming around it to protect Bushrod, and Strief's weaknesses to a minimum. We probably won't be able to run as many long developing plays, and deeper drop backs..

Comment

• That really blows. Hurts the running game as well.

Sad.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• We will see how we do against Rex Ryans 3-4 D. This will be the first big test that our line will face. Im wishing for the best. 19-0 baby.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• I thought lets illustrate a bit how good our 4-0 is and what progress this team has made by showing a few things.
                              Who would have thought that the saints would be:
                              - in the bottom half in pass attempts per game
                              - third in rushing attempts per game
                              - third in rushing yards per attempt
                              - third in rushing yards per attempt without the aid of many really long rushing plays (with all the teams above us having that)
                              - lead the league in interceptions and total turnovers
                              - lead the league in passed defended
                              - be top 10 in both rushing yards per attempt and passing yards per attempt

but imo most important of all:
                              Lead (well share) the league in turnover margin and guess what. Three of the five teams teams are undefeated and except perhaps the packers it are all teams that play as expected or better.
                              Also check the bottom of the same list and you see the teams that are way worse than everybody expected (tennessee, carolina, cleveland, pittsburgh etc)
                              last year we had -4 on the turnover margin list now we have +7. If we can keep creating turnovers and try and be even a bit more secure with the ball ourselves there is no reason for these saints not to be extremely succesfull

- No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                                I thought lets illustrate a bit how good our 4-0 is and what progress this team has made by showing a few things.
                                Who would have thought that the saints would be:
                                - in the bottom half in pass attempts per game
                                - third in rushing attempts per game
                                - third in rushing yards per attempt
                                - third in rushing yards per attempt without the aid of many really long rushing plays (with all the teams above us having that)
                                - lead the league in interceptions and total turnovers
                                - lead the league in passed defended
                                - be top 10 in both rushing yards per attempt and passing yards per attempt

but imo most important of all:
                                Lead (well share) the league in turnover margin and guess what. Three of the five teams teams are undefeated and except perhaps the packers it are all teams that play as expected or better.
                                Also check the bottom of the same list and you see the teams that are way worse than everybody expected (tennessee, carolina, cleveland, pittsburgh etc)
                                last year we had -4 on the turnover margin list now we have +7. If we can keep creating turnovers and try and be even a bit more secure with the ball ourselves there is no reason for these saints not to be extremely succesfull
                                What this shows me is that Sean Payton has turned the corner, and matured into the type of coach that understands exactly what his team needs to do to win football games. He's delegated the Defense to Greg Williams and is letting him do his thing on that side of the ball, he's made it a point of emphasis to establish a running game... to both manage the clock, and support Brees. He also has this team playing disciplined, tough football. We haven't been killing ourselves with the reckless penalties that I've seen the past 2 seasons, and the Saints have appeared to be the better coached team in most of their games thus far.

However I think we have to keep in mind it has only been 4 games, there is still much more football left to be played... and I still have a few concerns; a lot of which will be answered with this Giants game. One of the concerns is although our Defense has done outstanding thus far, of the Four games they've faced 2 Quarterbacks making their first NFL starts (Stafford, & Kolb), a QB making his 4th NFL start (Sanchez), and Trent Edwards who I believe is only in his 3rd year of starting himself.. So I'd like to see how they fare against some of the more experienced QBs in the league.. but I definitely feel much, much better about facing top level QBs now than in the past.

Another concern I have is even though our running game has looked much improved we still seem to struggle in the obvious running situations, the 3rd & Short, 4th & Inches... The Giants are a huge test, as they are such a coached, disciplined team... but also because they are so balanced and deep on both sides of the ball. They can beat you in a lot of ways... I'm really glad that game will be at Home.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information