This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -bye week -

Should be good to have the week off before we face N.Y.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• So thoughts on whether or not Reggie Bush can turn his performance around this season? I really thought he had turned the corner as a player last season before he got injured, at one point he was leading the league in Touchdowns. So far it seems like he's playing unsure, he's had some decent gains but overall the negative plays still haunt him, and the issues of ball security come up.

Personally I feel we should get him a little more involved in the passing game. I like on the opening series vs. the Jets.. Brees targeted him in the End Zone on a Corner route and the Safety just made it there in time to prevent a TD. I'd like to see some more Wheel routes, Circle routes, reverses, route combinations with him at WR.. designed for Bush... I think eventually he'll have a game were he explodes.. we just have to figure out the plays he's comfortable running and work off that.

Comment

• Saints-Broncos Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
          Saints-Broncos Super Bowl.
          Oh man I certainly hope so, would be an exciting match-up for sure. Broncos haven't been there in a while, while the Saints have never made the big show... However I can't allow myself to get too over confident because of one quarter of the season.. I know there is still a lot of football left to be played. Although I believe the Saints will prove to be a legit team this season, there still is a worry and doubt in the back of my mind that we may fall off a bit.. (Haslett years have imprinted a seed of doubt in my mind that needs to be cleansed)

Either way congrats to your teams accomplishments, hopefully you guys can keep it up the rest of the season.
          Last edited by Auron; 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
            Saints-Broncos Super Bowl.

Comment

• lawl @ saints in t3h sb.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                lawl @ saints in t3h sb.
                LOL @ the Falcons.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• LOL this is someones Sig on another Saints forum.

Flipping hilarious.

Comment

• Word on the street is that the Chiefs are open to trading LB Derrick Johnson and DT Glenn Dorsey. I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in trading for either one? If so, which one and what would you give up to get them?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      Word on the street is that the Chiefs are open to trading LB Derrick Johnson and DT Glenn Dorsey. I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in trading for either one? If so, which one and what would you give up to get them?
                      I personally don't think they'll make a move for either of them. It sounds like Loomis/Payton are really sold on this current 53 man roster, and they don't want to risk breaking up the chemistry.

I wouldn't mind going after either of them... with Fujita getting nicked up it brought a realization the depth at OLB is shaky.. and really Clancy even though is listed as good to go hasn't played I believe since Week 1 with injury, but it would cost us multiple Draft picks.. and I'm not real comfortable with giving up a lot of those especially since we finally have a full slate to work with.

Comment

• Check out my new sexy sig!
                        Last edited by diabsoule; 10-21-2009, 11:13 AM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                          I'm not real comfortable with giving up a lot of those especially since we finally have a full slate to work with.
                          I feel the same, however if we did make a move for one, LB would be the bigger need so I would hope we went after Brooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                            So thoughts on whether or not Reggie Bush can turn his performance around this season? I really thought he had turned the corner as a player last season before he got injured, at one point he was leading the league in Touchdowns. So far it seems like he's playing unsure, he's had some decent gains but overall the negative plays still haunt him, and the issues of ball security come up.

Personally I feel we should get him a little more involved in the passing game. I like on the opening series vs. the Jets.. Brees targeted him in the End Zone on a Corner route and the Safety just made it there in time to prevent a TD. I'd like to see some more Wheel routes, Circle routes, reverses, route combinations with him at WR.. designed for Bush... I think eventually he'll have a game were he explodes.. we just have to figure out the plays he's comfortable running and work off that.
                            He needs to get more touches, plain and simple, big plays don't come when you get 5 touches a game, all in the first half.

The Saints are still protecting him a bit, which is normal, a player doesn't totally recover from microfracture surgery for about 2 years after surgery. They can play after 1 year, but at about two years, the explosion REALLY returns(See Stoudemire, Amare). You can notice that the further we get ahead in games, the less they use Reggie.

They aren't going to risk Bush late in games where we are scorching teams, when they know they can save him for the tight games, and post season.

I agree though, get him some more looks in the passing game, continue to run him from the jumbo package(he's probably at like 6 yards per carry in that) and for god's sake, block someone on his punt returns!(and make tackles when we kickoff too please...)

Anyway, I knew we wouldn't trade, and I really hate teams with the mentality that winning and starting out well prevents you from trying to improve the team even more, teams don't stay great by standing pat, when they can clearly improve.
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26
                            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• I've been thinking about this topic lately and I feel with the way our Offense has been clicking lately.. there really is no need to force feed Reggie. You're right about the point of monitoring the amount of touches he gets simply because the past few seasons it has looked like he's been worn down towards the end and ended up injured. So the more we keep him fresh the better.

I think it's clear he has his role and does what is needed of him in this system. Is he getting overpaid for what his production has been up to this point? Yeah, most likely but likewise I think it's a non issue for this team, and as long as they're winning.. they'll stick with the winning formula... I'm liking how Pierre, Reggie, and Bell rotate in and from there you tend to lean on the guy with the hot hand.

Comment

• Something that a lot of casual fans don't notice either is Reggie Bush has become DAMNED good at picking up the blitz and protecting Drew Brees on passing situations when he's asked to stay in and protect. I know I'm probably wrong but the last time I think I remember him missing an assignment was Week One last season against Tampa Bay which led to a Phillip Buchanon pick-six.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information