Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopefully this guy got control of his alcohol issue, I no the reason him and Ravens grew apart was his attitude and apparently he called Harbuagh a cracker to his face. Anyway I am rooting for the saints in the NFC so I wish him the best.

Comment

• Saints signed veteran Free Agent CB Chris McAlister. Link

Pat Yasinskas, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have signed free-agent CB Chris McAlister (Ravens). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
      This tells me the Coaching staff was not comfortable with the CB situation with Tracy Porter being out. We'll see how much McAlister has left in the tank, hopefully he has been keeping himself in good shape... I think it might take him a few games before he's back to game speed, but he's a veteran guy who knows how to play the position, so if he has retained even half of his ability from years prior I believe he should make a positive impact.

Comment

• I don't care for the Saints but C-mac is one of my favorite Ravens ever. I was pissed how we did him regardless of the situation. Even with an alcohol problem he was still better than any corner we had. He had one bad game against the colts the year he got cut but had 3 in in 4 games before that. I am happy he finally got a team.
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• If he can get re-adjusted back to NFL game speed, and is in playing shape I'm all for this move. Obviously with the injury to Tracy Porter... we're left thin at Corner... and Randall G(a)y did not have a inspiring performance vs. the Rams.

It's possible G(a)y will still start, and we'll slowly work in McAlister in the Nickel, Dime packages... as he gets up to speed. It will be interesting to see if Greg Williams switches to more Zone coverage now... he was very aggressive with his pressure fronts because Greer/Porter were playing so well by themselves... now Greer is banged up, and Porter is out for a while..

Comment

• I like the move I would have thought he would of had a team sooner I mean Ty Law being picked up before C-Mac is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
              I like the move I would have thought he would of had a team sooner I mean Ty Law being picked up before C-Mac is crazy.
              Well we took a chance on Sharper when most people thought he had nothing left in the tank, and he's proving he still has some left. So hopefully C-Mac can make the most in Greg Williams' system... I believe we'll put him in a position to succeed it's just a matter of how fast he can get back up to speed and be "Game ready".

Comment

• I really love this signing. I thought he would have been signed during FA this year but was wrong. I wonder what this says about Malcom Jenkins, though...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• I don't think you can read that much into Jenkins about the signing to be honest with you. If anything, this will give us a pretty damn good set of CBs in the playoffs if everyone is healthy. Greer/Porter/McAlister/Jenkins/***.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                    Saints signed veteran Free Agent CB Chris McAlister. Link

This tells me the Coaching staff was not comfortable with the CB situation with Tracy Porter being out. We'll see how much McAlister has left in the tank, hopefully he has been keeping himself in good shape... I think it might take him a few games before he's back to game speed, but he's a veteran guy who knows how to play the position, so if he has retained even half of his ability from years prior I believe he should make a positive impact.
                    Even with adding him im still not to happy with the CB situation. Porter was out speed guy. Such a crapy way to get hurt. Hope he is back very soon.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/17/sain...out-4-6-weeks/

Darren Sharper is likely to play with Sed Ellis being possible and Jabari Greer is out.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/17/sain...out-4-6-weeks/

Darren Sharper is likely to play with Sed Ellis being possible and Jabari Greer is out.
                        Sharper is a must and getting Ellis back would be amazing.

What exactly is wrong with Greer? I don't remember what happened to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                          Sharper is a must and getting Ellis back would be amazing.

What exactly is wrong with Greer? I don't remember what happened to him.
                          Stained groin chasing down an incomplete deep ball in the Carolina game... It must be a little more tweaked than most thought I was almost sure he'd be back for this Tampa game.

Comment

• Does anyone know how close we are to locking up the division?
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Does anyone know how close we are to locking up the division?
                              a win against the falcons in two weeks(regardless of what happens next week) or a win next week combined with a falcons loss will do

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Per Adam Schefter, the Saints are planning to re-sign veteran CB Mike McKenzie.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information