Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Saints win + Falcons loss would clinch the Division.

heard about the McKenzie signing... good to see a veteran guy who spent all those years with us back... but is he healthy, in shape enough to contribute? Just like with McAlister hopefully he can get up to speed quick enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Does anyone know how close we are to locking up the division?
      Saints win ATL loss or tie. Or ATL loss and Saints Tie.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• What are the playoff standings if the Saints lose tomorrow? Do you still have the top spot or does that go to the Vikes?

Comment

• Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?
            Very nice pic man

Comment

• Where's the Bucs helmet in that pic?

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                What are the playoff standings if the Saints lose tomorrow? Do you still have the top spot or does that go to the Vikes?
                since the vikings lost ooc and the saints do not play ooc anymore the tiebreaker would always be in favour of the vikings. So given the fact that the saints could really use the homefield advantage they have to keep playing

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Jamal Brown

I am a Packer fan looking for input. Getting a starting LT is the #1 priority in the off season. The Saints are fortunate in they have a capable starter there now and Jammal Brown. The smart money is there won't be a cap this off season meaning Brown will be a RFA. Would the Saints be willing to trade Brown or the other guy? What do you think they'd want in return?

I am assuming Brown should be healthy- is that a safe assumption?

Thanks

Comment

• Well I read somewhere (I think from Jeff Duncan) that the hip surgery has helped, and that he's feeling good and ready to return next year. I would be slightly cautious because even before this Hip issue, Jammal is someone with some injury concerns I believe he has a chronic condition with his Knees which is just something he has to deal with...

If he's healthy though he'll still be a very solid Tackle.... the Saints might be willing to deal him simply because he'll command a decent salary and they might choose to invest that money in other positions because guys like Jermon Bushrod, and Zach Strief have done a nice job of filling in. Brown is still the better player IMO... but the drop-off isn't significant.

Wherever Brown ends up I think he'll be a very solid player for someone, he will have some mental lapses and have a few False Start penalties every now and then... but he'll hold up in Pass Protection 1-on-1 with most guys.. his only problem comes with the elite speed rushers... if someone has a blazing rush off the edge Jammal will struggle to steer them clear and he'll need some help.. otherwise he'll tend to Hold.

Comment

• I'd love to keep him, I imagine our running game and pass protection would be even more potent this year with him in the lineup.

On a semi related note, anyone else think Carl Nicks would be an excellent right tackle? He has great feet and athleticism for the position, and I think we could find a stud guard late in the draft then have a dominant right tackle....

I know the coaching staff likes Stinchcomb, but thoughts?
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        I'd love to keep him, I imagine our running game and pass protection would be even more potent this year with him in the lineup.

On a semi related note, anyone else think Carl Nicks would be an excellent right tackle? He has great feet and athleticism for the position, and I think we could find a stud guard late in the draft then have a dominant right tackle....

I know the coaching staff likes Stinchcomb, but thoughts?
                        With a big % of the saints running game coming between the tackles the difference in value between a guard and a RT is limited. Yeah he could make the switch, pretty well probably but I still wouldnt do it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• True enough, but our outside running has been totally lackluster.

My point was, it's a lot easier to find good guards than good tackles, and if we can find another good guard, we should jump on it and make the move, IMO.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• The Saints have signed CB Marcus McCauley, waived CB Chris McAlister, and placed LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar on IR, ending his season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              The Saints have signed CB Marcus McCauley, waived CB Chris McAlister, and placed LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar on IR, ending his season.
                              Hmm sort of strange decision to release McAlister at this point, yes he had a poor game, and didn't look all that great in coverage (no one in the secondary really did) but he did bring veteran experience, and made the key fumble force/recovery in Overtime.

Maybe there was some kind of Off the field, personal issue involved? Otherwise seems like a odd decision.

Comment

• So what are the chances a great team like the falcons beat a poor team like the saints?

Like... one out of a thousand??

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                                Originally posted by fenikz
                                we all hate you

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information