This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Jonathan Goodwin signed with the 49ers today. The starting center job now belong to Matt Tennant.
    Any feedback on Goodwin?

Comment

Jonathan Goodwin signed with the 49ers today. The starting center job now belong to Matt Tennant.
      Blessing in disguise, Tennant is significantly more talented IMO.

Goodwin probably had the easiest job of any center in the league. Dominant QB making the calls, and two dominant guards on each side of him.

Continuity is nice on the line, but letting Tennant get this spot will only improve us IMO.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• I'm not sure I'm fully as confident in losing Goodwin as you guys are, sure Tennant is more talented coming in but he barely has any game experience. Would have been nice to have the seasoned vet in the Center of the Line again.

Maybe Tennant will be able to be plugged in right away and do fine and make me sound over worried... but Goodwin was a very, very solid player. Never would wow you... but I can't remember him making any real mistakes. Rarely ever any botched snaps, and very few penalties.

Comment

• This may be the wrong season to lose Goodwin, but I am sure Tennant will deliver.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Meh, Tennant is a long time starter with plenty of high level experience.

He might not be a stud, but he can limit the mistakes and do anything Goodwin can, and with better athleticism at this point.

Guys with that much experience are usually ready to start at C once they are physically ready for the rigors of the NFL, and I think he probably could have done ok last year.

He'll be fine.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Well, just in case we signed Olin Kreutz to a 1 year deal. Nice veteran pick up!!!!

Comment

• Any training camp news on Greg Romeus?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  Any training camp news on Greg Romeus?
                  I believe I saw in one of Jeff Duncans V-logs he mentioned Romeus is likely to be IR'd this season. So I'm guessing he's still a ways away from being ready for action.

Comment

• Hey guys, I meant to come in here when we first signed him, but what can you tell me about Usama Young?

Comment

• Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                      Hey guys, I meant to come in here when we first signed him, but what can you tell me about Usama Young?
                      Very versatile player, can play both CB and S, energetic, smart, decent in coverage and run support, and has special teams potential. Still hasn't lived up to his potential.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• via Diab on Facebook:

is lining up Saints players. Trying to get Jerrey Fayson & Nate Bussey as guests and already have a commitment from DeAndre McDaniel. Matt Tennant gave me a rain check, though.
                        Not that he needs the help, but perhaps you could post any questions you may want to hear him ask.

I expect a shout-out.

Comment

Very versatile player, can play both CB and S, energetic, smart, decent in coverage and run support, and has special teams potential. Still hasn't lived up to his potential.
                          Thanks diab! That was more positive than I was expecting, seeing as he was somewhat buried on your roster. He's the favorite to start at FS for us; hopefully he lives up to some of that potential.

Comment

• I'm looking for one bedroom apartments Uptown. Figured y'all should know

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                              Thanks diab! That was more positive than I was expecting, seeing as he was somewhat buried on your roster. He's the favorite to start at FS for us; hopefully he lives up to some of that potential.
                              No problem, man. Usama is a great guy but couldn't see the field with Malcom Jenkins, Roman Harper, Jabari Greer, and Tracy Porter. FS would be his more natural position and I wish him the best.

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              I'm looking for one bedroom apartments Uptown. Figured y'all should know
                              Badass, man. I'm about an hour and a half from Uptown NOLA but if I get on with the police department down there I'll be moving to Kenner, which is 30 minutes from Uptown.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• The show I'm guest hosting for is on from noon to 3p. So far I have DeAndre McDaniel lined up as a guest and trying to get Jarred Fayson.

Any questions you can post them here or through my twitter account: @lasportsdude

You can listen to the show online at www.thescore1210.com

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information