This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpt117
    so hows my buddy alfred fincher doin over in the big easy? i heard he played a lot in the last game of the season and he had like 5-6 tackles...i hope he sticks cuz he was a 3rd round pick and was supposed to start at some point in his rook year and was the starter for this year until the simoneau trade and hes been 2nd string ever since im really hopin he gets the chance he deserves
    Fincher played well but I think he's going to get cut after this year. I don't think he has what it takes to be a LB in Payton's scheme.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• damn man he seemed to have the potential to play and was hopin to see a kid from my hometown and high school get the chance

Comment

• What do you guys think of this 4 Rd mock draft for us:

1st Rd -
        Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

He gives us a Jeremy Shockey type TE and would be the final piece to our offensive puzzle.

2nd Rd -
        Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina

We need defensive bach help badly and Bennett is a very nice prospect who fell because of how deep the DB position is in this draft.

3rd Rd (from Philly) -
        Kareem Brown, DT, Miami

Brown shows a ton of potential and possesses a huge/massive frame that can really be used to clog the middle. He can help take over for Hollis Thomas.

3rd Rd -
        Steve Smith, WR, USC

I changed the pick after some thinking to the guy I like and that's Steve Smith. I think he'd be great for the Saints especially with Payton coaching him up. I think he'd be excellent in the black and gold.

4th Rd (From K.C.) -
        Anthony Waters, LB, Clemson

Excellent ILB before his injury and will turn out to be a steal for us.

4th Rd -
        DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State

Very good CB prospect that fell due to injury. He should be able to bounce back and compete with Bennett for the starting job. Between him, Bennett, and McKenzie we would have a nice blend of veteran and rookie talent, and we also drafted the replacement for Thomas and McKenzie respectively.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
          What do you guys think of this 4 Rd mock draft for us:

1st Rd -
          Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
          He gives us a Jeremy Shockey type TE and would be the final piece to our offensive puzzle.
          Well, I'm guessing that this is predicting that the Saints are drafting very late in the first round and that players like LBs Patrick Willis, Buster Davis and Paul Posluszny along with CB Darrelle Revis are taken.

With that being said, I don't know if I like New Orleans taking Greg Olsen. Like you said, Olsen's a Shockey type tight end, and I'm not fond of Jeremy Shockey. I think that if that's the case, I'd prefer us trading down and getting another pick in the second round. I think that defense is a bigger need than tight end.

Originally posted by diabsoule
          2nd Rd -
          Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina
          We need defensive bach help badly and Bennett is a very nice prospect who fell because of how deep the DB position is in this draft.
          Okay, this is more like it, I think that defensive back is one of our main needs. I like how he's bigger than most corners in the Draft, but I don't know if I like the fact that he has durability concerns. Also, according to Scott's site, he gets beaten too often. This sounds really familiar... and I don't know if that's what the Saints need.

3rd Rd (from Philly) -
          Kareem Brown, DT, Miami
          Brown shows a ton of potential and possesses a huge/massive frame that can really be used to clog the middle. He can help take over for Hollis Thomas.
          As for this pick, I think that this fills a need since both Hollis Thomas and Brian Young aren't getting any younger. Also, both of them could be improved and this guy seems to be a good size and has lots of upside.

3rd Rd -
          Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame
          Joe Horn is getting up there and I don't expect him to be around for much longer. I expect Colston to become the #1 and McKnight can step in and be the #2. He's an excellent blocker and can make all the catches.
          I like the idea of a wide receiver but I think that McKnight is an injury concern. The guy did tear his ACL in 2005 so I don't know about his durability. Although I do agree that Horn won't be around forever, I would wonder if there aren't other receivers out there that are just as good and aren't as fragile.

4th Rd (From K.C.) -
          Anthony Waters, LB, Clemson
          Excellent ILB before his injury and will turn out to be a steal for us.
          Boy, you like drafting injury prone people... :?

4th Rd -
          DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State
          Very good CB prospect that fell due to injury. He should be able to bounce back and compete with Bennett for the starting job. Between him, Bennett, and McKenzie we would have a nice blend of veteran and rookie talent, and we also drafted the replacement for Thomas and McKenzie respectively.
          Again, what's with the injury prone players? Can't we draft someone who isn't going to blow out their ACL or tear a hamstring? :razz:

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Horn is out for Saturday.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Huge game tomorrow. Geaux Saints!

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Today is that f'n day. OMG, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. LET'S GO GUYS!
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Who Dat?! Who Dat?! Who Dat Say They Gonna Beat Dem Saints? Who Dat?! Who Dat?!

WHO DAT!

Comment

• *chestbumps all for good luck*

Comment

• A girl I worked with posted this poem on MySpace, so I thought I would share it with y'all here:

Out of the fire
                      And up from the flood
                      A great team is born
                      Made of guts, steel and blood

Their history a low one
                      No one can deny
                      Their new rise a slow one
                      But oh now so high

This team that I speak of
                      Is of black and gold
                      And travels the gridiron
                      So brave and so bold

Their symbol is royalty
                      We call Fleur de lis
                      And proud New Orleanians
                      Watch it with glee

Come Deuce and come Reggie
                      Come Drew and come Joe
                      Come Marques and Terrance
                      Now go beat the foe

The course is set plainly
                      There is clearly a goal
                      Go show all the world
                      A storm can't kill our soul

To the men in black jerseys
                      The tights and the cleats
                      Know that we love you
                      In wins and defeats

And to you, Sean Payton
                      The coach of our dreams
                      Thank you from all of us
                      Who give jumps, yells and screams

You have given us purpose
                      You have given us hope
                      You have given us will
                      And a reason to cope

To all of the Saints
                      Who reside in the Dome
                      Thanks for making our city
                      A proud place to call home.

GO SAINTS! WHO DAT?!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy
                        *chestbumps all for good luck*
                        *chestbump*

Too bad you couldn't come into LA to watch the game with me and SaintsDomePatrol.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                          *chestbump*

Too bad you couldn't come into LA to watch the game with me and SaintsDomePatrol.
                          I know. :( But, I do plan on transferring to LSU next year so...

Comment

*chestbump*

*chestbump*

Here's a toast to all the Saints fan on the forum:

*lifts glass to diabsoule, Flyboy, T-Col, twwtiger, GeauxSaints, and all the Saints fans on the forum (and yes even Keak The Sneak)*

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey goin' beat dem Saints?!

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Joe Horn is OFFICIALLY out for the game. Time for Devery and Copper to step it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol
                                *chestbump*

*chestbump*

Here's a toast to all the Saints fan on the forum:

*lifts glass to diabsoule, Flyboy, T-Col, twwtiger, GeauxSaints, and all the Saints fans on the forum (and yes even Keak The Sneak)*

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat sey dey goin' beat dem Saints?!
                                :|
                                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information