This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
    What do the NO fans think of Peyton's call to pitch to Bush at that point in the game with Deuce running so well?

I thought he could have cost ya the game but the False Start on the Iggles bailed him out.

Any reactions?
    I'm not a Saints fan but I though it was a terrible call. Deuce was killing hte Eagles up the middle, and then Sean tried to get cute and it almost cost them the game.

I was even pissed off at that call.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

What do the NO fans think of Peyton's call to pitch to Bush at that point in the game with Deuce running so well?

I thought he could have cost ya the game but the False Start on the Iggles bailed him out.

Any reactions?
      Boy, we were lucky to get the ball back without the Eagles scoring... right after the fumble, this guy was saying "Overtime!" and my friend said, "Oh no, we're going to shut them down and win the game now!"

And thank goodness, he was right.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
        Originally posted by diabsoule
        Bring on the Bears. I'm sure Sean Payton will come up with a good game plan but the only thing we need to do is execute. We also need our defense to really step up and do something special.
        I saw basically the same two teams this weekend. Two teams with good offenses, but defenses that struggled in the pass game. And defenses that had trouble with the run game at times.

Good luck next week and hopefully everyone stays healthy for you guys.
        In regards to the Saints, I felt like we did a decent job stopping the run (with the exception of that 62 yard burst by Westbrook) but were poor against the pass. Hopefully, we can contain Jones and Benson and make Rex Grossman try to beat us. I think that if we can get to Grossman early and often, we can rattle him and cause him to have a bad game.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Well, it is official, Saints and New England are the luckiest folks on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol
            Originally posted by sweetness34
            Bring on the Bears. I'm sure Sean Payton will come up with a good game plan but the only thing we need to do is execute. We also need our defense to really step up and do something special.
            I saw basically the same two teams this weekend. Two teams with good offenses, but defenses that struggled in the pass game. And defenses that had trouble with the run game at times.

In regards to the Saints, I felt like we did a decent job stopping the run (with the exception of that 62 yard burst by Westbrook) but were poor against the pass. Hopefully, we can contain Jones and Benson and make Rex Grossman try to beat us. I think that if we can get to Grossman early and often, we can rattle him and cause him to have a bad game.
            Rex got beat up the entire game today and still played well, which was surprising. He had constant heat in his face.

He will make bad decisions though if you get pressure on him, I can guarantee you that.

Both rush defenses were very good in points, and very bad in points of their respective games. The only difference I saw in you guys was that you could actually get a pass rush with your DL's, something we could not do at all.

Deuce really scares me though (as does Bush), but Deuce more because he's a downhill type runner and we struggle against those (see Alexander today).

Hopefully it's a dandy of a game.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• i just want to say to all the saints fans, good luck. im really pulling for you guys against the teddy bears

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Just to let you know my dad came from louisiana and im a fan of the saints but i migh have to root against um if the colts win...

Id rather play the chicago bears then the Saints.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Go Saints! the whole country is pullin' for you

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Any reactions?
                    I thought it was a terrible call. I think Payton thinks too hard about how to break a long run than he does to control the clock and pound the ball. That play was just awful and there was no need for it. I thin Deuce should have received the majority of the carries because the Eagles couldn't stop us from running. I know Bush needs his carries and all but when one runner (Deuce) is just demolishing the run defense then it become pretty obvious what you need to do.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• diabsoule, mad props to you for finding me this sweet Carmen Electra avatar and thanks to jkpigskin for the sig. For those of you who remember I had a Saints Dome Patrol sig that actually featured the four members of that great linebacking corps. Unfortunately, for some reason, it got trashed or something so now I have this one for the time being until I get a new one made.

I'll be sure to post some of my terrific insight on the Saints-Bears matchup in the coming days. I had to take off of work, but this time around, I'm watching the game with my boy diabsoule and my friends! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol

If we can stop Benson/Jones, I really like our chances. The only thing that worries me is Berrian going against Fred Thomas... that's a double move away from a TD. :| And, Devin Hester. I think that if we can establish the run early with Deuce/Bush and keep the pressure off of Brees, we'll win. I'm just hoping for a good game with no injuries.. and a win, of course.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy
                          Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol

If we can stop Benson/Jones, I really like our chances. The only thing that worries me is Berrian going against Fred Thomas... that's a double move away from a TD. :| And, Devin Hester. I think that if we can establish the run early with Deuce/Bush and keep the pressure off of Brees, we'll win. I'm just hoping for a good game with no injuries.. and a win, of course.
                          Whichever team runs the ball and stops the run most effectively will win this game IMO. Both teams have shotty secondaries right now so they cancel out. The run game will be the tale of this game from where I'm standing.

We're going to have our hands full with Deuce and Reggie. But the Saints are going to have their hands full with TJ and Benson (possibly AP if something happens).

Also the team that turns the ball over the least will win this game as well. Again, good luck on Sunday, stay healthy, and bring your A games.

Hopefully we'll do the same. See ya guys and god bless.

Comment

• Hope Saints lose.

Sick and tired of seeing the REFs and Media actively rooting for this team.

False start?? False start? How about DB's Illegal Use of Hands, which NO does about every pass play. (*And this is a Cowboys fan saying it*)

Enuff Katrina sympathy. No one really cares anymore.

Go Bears.

Comment

Hope Saints lose.

False start?? False start? How about DB's Illegal Use of Hands, which NO does about every pass play. (*And this is a Cowboys fan saying it*)

Go Bears.
                              You are a classless human being.
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Hope Saints lose.

Go Bears.
                                You are a classless human being.
                                Agreed. I'm rooting for the Saints to win the Superbowl.

Sig by BuckNaked
                                Ravens
                                Baltimore Orioles
                                Maryland Terrapins

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information