Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately after this game it shows that we need a #1 CB. Fred Thomas isn't the answer at CB and we need to pick one up in Rd. 1 or 2 or go after one hardcore in FA.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Marques Colston is day-to-day with an ankle sprain and Sean Payton said that it is doubtful whether he will play this weekend vs. Atlanta.

I think that he absolutely needs to play vs. ATL if he can. We need his presence on the field. I know we've talked about how the Saints needed to win vs. Pittsburgh and Cincy, but now this game is a MUST win. If we win that keeps us in competition for the division with Carolina. If we lose then we are tied with ATL and still only one game behind Carolina, if they lose.

WHO DAT!

Comment

My new name may be captain obvious, but here's my take:

Nobody can stop us from moving the ball. We are absolutely killing ourselves with the turnovers. Limiting those may be even more important than better defensive play. I really think this offense alone can get us to the playoffs, but it all starts with cutting down on the turnovers.
        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I'm just now getting over Sunday's lost. Man, I was so f'n pissed. All these turnovers are killing me. We must, must MUST beat Atlanta... run the ball effectively and actually set up the pass with the RUNNING game. I love Sean Payton but ugh... I'm getting the NO/ATL game this Sunday so I'll be ready.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Sig bet proposal: If you win, I use a Reggie Bush sig for a week. If we win, one of you uses a Michael Vick sig for a week.

Comment

HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy
                HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.
                I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                  I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.
                  I'll take you up on that bet, Shiv. I think the Saints could win, but on the same token I could see the Falcons upsetting us.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I really hope Colston can play on Sunday. I think he's essential to us pulling out a win.

Comment

How early do you guys expect to take a wr?

Comment

I would say around round 4-5. Hopefully, round 1-3 will strictly be on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
                          How early do you guys expect to take a wr?
                          I think it all depends on the talent available.

If there isn't a top tier DT, LB, or CB available in the first then we go WR.

2nd Rd. hopefully is DT, LB, or CB or whatever we didn't take in the 1st.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.

Comment

I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.
                              I agree with you. If we are drafting in late first round and there is no great defensive player available I would like to see us trade out, or trade the pick for a player worth a 1st Rd pick.

If we can't get CJ, Ginn, or Jarrett, and it is highly doubtful that we even get them where we will probably pick then I think the next best talent on the board would be Sidney Rice. After that, I think we could find a WR in the 2nd Rd like Dwayne Bowe or even Paul Williams from Fresno St.
                              It wouldn't suprise if we went WR in the later rounds either where a player like Buster Davis from LSU or Steve Smith from USC, who I am really high on, would really compliment the team. I'm hoping we try going for Steve Smith.

Don't forget either that we have 3 4th Rd picks so if Smith fell into the 4th, which is a possibility, then I hope we try landing him.

WHO DAT!

Comment

I honestly don't think Rice will declare this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information