X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endymion to feature a 'Saints float' this year

01:08 PM CST on Wednesday, February 7, 2007
    WWLTV.com

Not be outdone by the Krewe of Bacchus, which has Saints quarterback Drew Brees riding as Grand Marshal, but the superkrewe of Endymion announced Wednesday it would have a number of players riding on a designated ‘Saints float’ this year.

According to Ed Muniz, Captain of Endymion, the float will be named “Endymion Celebrates the Saints.” Wide receiver Joe Horn, linebacker Scott Fujita, defensive end Will Smith, center Jeff Faine, special teams player Steve Gleason and offensive lineman Jamar Nesbit were said to be riding on the float.

Endymion rolls Saturday, the weekend before Fat Tuesday.

And Saints head coach Sean Payton will ride as the celebrity guest for Orpheus, which rolls on Lundi Gras night.

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/s....5deded30.html

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy
      Scott Shanle has re-signed.
      I'll wait until I see the contract details but I think so far so good.

Shanle was more of a playmaker than Simoneau, and I thought he did a good job in his role.

Now we need to round out the LB corps by adding London Fletcher-Baker, Donnie Edwards, or Patrick Willis in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron
        Originally posted by Flyboy
        Scott Shanle has re-signed.
        I'll wait until I see the contract details but I think so far so good.

Shanle was more of a playmaker than Simoneau, and I thought he did a good job in his role.

Now we need to round out the LB corps by adding London Fletcher-Baker, Donnie Edwards, or Patrick Willis in the middle.
        I know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• According to the Times-Picayune, Saints quarterbacks coach Pete Carmichael, Jr. has declined an offer from the Miami Dolphins to become their offensive coordinator.

This is outstanding news that he has the loyalty to the Saints (unlike that other guy...John Morton) and wants to continue to improve on the already potent passing game.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
            know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.
            I agree we need to draft youth at LB (and also CB) but I wouldn't mind signing Baker, or Edwards either only because they would be an immediate upgrade and would be able to contriubute right away.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
              know a good deal of Saints fans really like Donnie Edwards and London Fletcher-Baker, but the truth of the matter is that we need a young playmaker in the middle not an old stop-gap player like those two are. Both of the players you mentioned, minus Patrick Willis, are just like Simoneau in the fact that they will be stopgap type players who will only contribute for a few more years. A guy like Kawika Mitchell from Kansas City or drafting someone like Patrick Willis will give us the playmaker in the middle that we've needed for years, and we will be able to keep them around longer than 2 years.
              I agree we need to draft youth at LB (and also CB) but I wouldn't mind signing Baker, or Edwards either only because they would be an immediate upgrade and would be able to contriubute right away.
              I don't want Edwards or Baker because of the age of them both. The player we need to look into is Kawika Mitchell of Kansas city. He's only been in the league for four years and has had over 100 tackles in each of the past two seasons. If we land Mitchell then we no longer have to draft a MLB, or if we do then it will be a late round priority, and then we could concentrate on other areas of need.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Shanle, has officially re-signed....

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3326

for 4 years...also looks like we got the WLB spot locked up.

on to the MLB/CB, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints67
                  Shanle, has officially re-signed....

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3326

for 4 years...also looks like we got the WLB spot locked up.

on to the MLB/CB, please.
                  Yeah, I was going to post this... but you got to the table first... :razz:

Other Saints news from the Times-Picayune...

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...990.xml&coll=1

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow during the Pro-Bowl.

atleast he has a whole off season to heal, and it was his non throwing arm.

Comment

Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow during the Pro-Bowl.

atleast he has a whole off season to heal, and it was his non throwing arm.
                      [expletive deleted]! :evil: :evil:

I think it shows great loyalty to both the fans and his team when you play in a game that is meaningless for the record and all, but this is the risk you run.

Hopefully, he can get back to playing shape soon and very soon.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Comment

• New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

Thank god it isn't his throwing arm

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy
                          New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

How ya doing? We're both Saintsrevolution.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
                            Originally posted by Acreboy
                            New here to the forums.

Brees elbow will be ok.

Out for 2 months.

How ya doing? We're both Saintsrevolution.
                            I'm good.

I remember ya, don't worry.

:D

Comment

• Screw the damn Pro Bowl.
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy
                                Screw the damn Pro Bowl.
                                Yeah, I don't think they should play the game anymore. Just give the players the honor of being Pro-Bowlers but the game is pointless.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information