This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flyboy
    I would love to have Ross, but his age is a sorta turn-off for me.
    He's only 24 isn't he?

Comment

• Donte/Simoneau trade

How is it going Saints fans. I am checking on a situation that has come up in some of the forums. It is uncertain wether the Eagles lose the third or the fourth in the trade between Stallworth and Simoneau. Some sources say the conditional 4th pick becomes a 3rd if the Eagles re-sign Stallworth. Others say that it becomes a third if there is a contract extension. The reason I am asking is because I am not sure if Donte is waiting until FA to re-sign and only have the Eagles losing a 4th instead of a 3rd, or if it doesn't matter anyway. Any answers that may help clarify the situation would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• If Stallworth was given an extension while with the Eagles, we would have got the 3rd pick from you but being that Stallworth is probably going to become a FA it becomes a 4th rounder, meaning Stallworth can even re-sign with the Eagles as a FA we would still only get a 4th because it wasn't an extension.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

If Stallworth was given an extension while with the Eagles, we would have got the 3rd pick from you but being that Stallworth is probably going to become a FA it becomes a 4th rounder, meaning Stallworth can even re-sign with the Eagles as a FA we would still only get a 4th because it wasn't an extension.
          Loomis can't be that stupid.

I'm sure if he waited until after the FA period we should get their next years 3rd or something like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy
            I'm sure if he waited until after the FA period we should get their next years 3rd or something like that...
            I heard the same thing as Flyboy.

If Stallworth doesn't re-sign with the Eagles by March 2nd (start of Free Agency Period) we only get the 4th rounder...

the indication is that the Eagles are going to let him hit the free agent market.

Comment

If Stallworth was given an extension while with the Eagles, we would have got the 3rd pick from you but being that Stallworth is probably going to become a FA it becomes a 4th rounder, meaning Stallworth can even re-sign with the Eagles as a FA we would still only get a 4th because it wasn't an extension.
              Exactly. And all thoughts are of him becoming a FA.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Do you guys think that we should get Puz over a CB like Aaron Ross or Daymeion Hughes?

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
                  Do you guys think that we should get Puz over a CB like Aaron Ross or Daymeion Hughes?
                  Personally I would go with Poz, there's a reason he won a Butkus award, and was generally a great college LB. Great instincts, from what I've heard he could play the Middle.

There are some solid Corners the Saints can look at in later rounds, Jackson, Wright, Bennett, Wade..

also found this image on another forum, got a crack out of it.

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys, you have cleared up something that has been bothering me for a while.

Comment

• Looks like Charles Grant will get the franchise tag.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2771560

Barring an unexpected breakthrough in contract negotiations, ESPN.com has learned that the New Orleans Saints will designate left defensive end Charles Grant as a franchise player before Thursday's deadline, a move that will keep him off the unrestricted free agent market.

Comment

• Looks like the Saints are set to tag Charles Grant.
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2771560

I was hoping that both sides would be able to come to some sort of an agreement so that we would not have to use the franchise tag on him.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I saw that one coming a mile away.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• What do you guys think of Montrae Holland? I heard he's a FA and the Bills definetly need some OGs. Did he start this year or was it Mayberrys spot Jahri Evans took?

Comment

• Dang coach Payton is the party guy.. :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by DWhitner20
                                What do you guys think of Montrae Holland? I heard he's a FA and the Bills definetly need some OGs. Did he start this year or was it Mayberrys spot Jahri Evans took?
                                Holland is a decent starter. Nothing too special. He's a great backup, though.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information