Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard the rumors too that the Titans are looking to either trade or cut Pac-Man Jones, however, I highly doubt he would find his way into a Saints uniform. His off-field issues and character concerns are too risky to get him involved with an organization that is trying to become stable and maintain a winning record year in and year out.

And about the linebackers -- I think Patrick Willis has separated himself from the rest of the pack and I am fairly sure that he will be gone way before out pick. The same I think can also be said about Paul Posluszny. Even though I would love to have either one of them, I think the chances are slim to none that either will fall to our pick. I would then have CB next on our priority list and one is sure to fall, whether it be Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, Chris Houston, or Darrelle Revis.

I think we could also look at TE too, if Greg Olsen were there then we might consider him especially considering that both LB and CB are fairly deep this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• I would not mind trading down around 10 spots to a team in the mid 30's to take Olsen and pick up maybe a mid round pick. Olsen looks to be the only great Tight End out of this years class.
      And for Pacman, I know that he is not a peyton type of player with him having off the field bagagge, but if we are able to get him for dirt cheap our secondary would immediately be upgraded and we would have a playmaker. He is a good punt/kickoff returner and has been solid on defense and can use his speed on offense in some instances. He is a great player and I think if we just took ONE player with baggage it might not be all that bad.

Comment

• The way I see it, Olsen has improved his draft stock tremendously. He was considered a late first-early second before and all the combine did was continue to boost that. We might be able to get him where we're at but our team has more pressing needs than TE. It's not that I don't think we will address TE in the draft, but players like Ben Patrick, Scott Chandler, and Michael Allan could all be drafted in the later rounds and turn out to be very solid guys, esp. Patrick.

As far as Jones, I would have to pass if I was Loomis. While Jones is very productive, his cancerous attitude and behavior would cause a young, up-and-coming team like the Saints to either bend or break and right now we can't risk that. I would rather draft one or two CB's who have something to prove rather than a CB that knows he can do whatever he wants, no matter if he's on a new team or not.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Ernie Conwell was just cut per. John Clayton. Even though we already re-signed Billy Miller I think this opens up a need for a starting TE.

Saints | Conwell released
          Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:00:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have released TE Ernie Conwell.

I'm going to work on my big board, for possible picks at #27.
          Last edited by Auron; 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Forums messed up ..double post
            Last edited by Auron; 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
              Forums messed up ..double post
              Don't lie... you just want to boost your post count! ;)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
                Don't lie... you just want to boost your post count! ;)
                Lol... Shhh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                  Lol... Shhh.
                  Too bad, now with these reputation bars, post counts mean nothing! :(

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• What about the Saints going after Fred Smoot if he gets released today by the Vikings like so many are speculating?

Comment

• Originally posted by reznola View Post
                      What about the Saints going after Fred Smoot if he gets released today by the Vikings like so many are speculating?
                      Smoot's production has diminished significantly over the past few years and he will command a high salary. I say to signing the 1st mate of the sex boat.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Ken Hamlin is visiting tomorrow.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Donnie Edwards is visiting as well.

No links because I'm just insanely lazy. Just trust me. :)
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• What's up with Montrae Holland? You guys bringing him back?

Comment

• Last I heard was:

Broncos | Team to meet with Holland
                              Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:26:39 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos are expected to bring in free agent OG Montrae Holland (Saints) for a visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                Last I heard was:

Broncos | Team to meet with Holland
                                Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:26:39 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos are expected to bring in free agent OG Montrae Holland (Saints) for a visit.
                                Ah boo. I really think highly of him. While guys are overpaying for the Steinbach's and Deilman's of the world, guys like Holland fly under the radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information