Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I really liked the Walter Thomas selection. Hopefully he works out for us because that'd be a huge help.

    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

    Comment


    • So far, how do you grade out the Saints draft as well as UDFA signings?

      Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

      Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

      Comment


      • A-

        Tyler Palko can be a good back up and I really like him
        Rhema McNight is really a good WR but it'll be hard for him with Colston, Meachem, Henderson, ...
        And I love Walter Thomas, and I really think that he can be a starter this year.

        the rest I don't know, I don't think the RB and the S will be there in September but we'll see ...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by novembrefluo View Post
          A-

          Tyler Palko can be a good back up and I really like him
          Rhema McNight is really a good WR but it'll be hard for him with Colston, Meachem, Henderson, ...
          And I love Walter Thomas, and I really think that he can be a starter this year.

          the rest I don't know, I don't think the RB and the S will be there in September but we'll see ...
          don't forget Bush in the WR list. he lines up in slot a lot.

          i give the Saints B grade. i love the signing of Meachem, i hope he can play to his full potential eventually. he could be a great compliment to Colston.

          it looks like Peyton for big physical corners with Young and Jones. I don't know how i feel about the Pittman pick but i guess it does give Peyton another weapon. just thing if Pittman and Bush are in the backfield. that would kinda be scary.

          i love the Walter Thomas pick up. i think he can be a gigantic run stuffer and premier pass rusher from the middle. he is as agile as guys 80-100lbs lighter than him and strong as an ox.


          Silverback....still the best.

          +rep to Jakey for the sig

          Comment


          • Yeah, Walter Thomas really intrigues me. I don't think he'll start this year, but give him two or three years as a project and he could be really good. You almost never see a guy that big with that much athleticism.

            Young and Jones are both project CB's too (well maybe not Young so much but I think he'll need some work before he sees the field). David Jones was a ballhawk in college, but he played at Wingate so you never know how that translates to the NFL.

            If he lives up to potential he'll be good but otherwise I see him as a career backup, maybe situational player.

            Comment


            • I haven't been able to post in a while because I've been really sick the past few days.

              Haven't really evaluated the Draft in detail quite yet, I'm hesitant to give out a grade before we see the prospects on the field but if I had to right now I'd say it would be in the solid B range, definitely could and should change by years end.

              I believe that the Saints Rookie Mini-Camps start tomorrow May, 12th. Pretty sure they're closed to the public.
              Last edited by Auron; 05-11-2007, 03:33 PM.

              Comment


              • but they are probably aired on NFLN. some of it atleast.

                i retract my statement then. didn't know it was closed to media. it NFLN considered media when talking about football.
                Last edited by terribletowel39; 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM.


                Silverback....still the best.

                +rep to Jakey for the sig

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Auron View Post
                  Haven't really evaluated the Draft in detail quite yet, I'm hesitant to give out a grade before we see the prospects on the field but if I had to right now I'd say it would be in the solid B range, definitely could and should change by years end.

                  I believe that the Saints Rookie Mini-Camps start tomorrow May, 12th. Pretty sure they're closed to the public.
                  Yeah, me too. I liked it, though... but I'm not going to quick to give out grades.

                  And, I'm MAD excited to get some reports about our minicamp... can't wait. Closed to the public AND media, though.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                  “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                  Comment


                  • did a falcons fan actually create the Official Saint Draft Discussion thread??


                    Silverback....still the best.

                    +rep to Jakey for the sig

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                      did a falcons fan actually create the Official Saint Draft Discussion thread??
                      Actually that was when the board was changing over, and our user names got messed up temporarily.

                      Was just wondering are you a Steelers fan who follows the Saints a bit, or a fan of both teams like Diab?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Auron View Post
                        Actually that was when the board was changing over, and our user names got messed up temporarily.

                        Was just wondering are you a Steelers fan who follows the Saints a bit, or a fan of both teams like Diab?
                        i am a fan of both teams more so the steelers. black and gold north/south. i grew up in louisiana, my mom is a die hard Saints fan and i love the state and so i will always be a fan of the Saints, just not as much as the Steelers. like Diab is Saints first then Steelers, well I am the other way around.


                        Silverback....still the best.

                        +rep to Jakey for the sig

                        Comment


                        • I see, that's cool. I can't wait for the early Mini camp reports tomorrow.

                          Comment


                          • Walter Thomas was cut today.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                            “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                            Comment


                            • there goes everyones immediate hopes that he would step in right away and contribute, granted he might be back on the roster sometime you never know.

                              But heres to the player garnering the most hype/chatter around every message board, be it for good or negative reasons.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                Walter Thomas was cut today.
                                I heard he lasted 9 minutes in mini-camp. If so, he can all but kiss his NFL career good bye.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information