Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that two of us. It sucks that we have so much money tied into our offense, though. Ehh.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule
      Originally posted by Flyboy
      Samuel and Lance Briggs, please~! MMMM!!
      If we signed them both I'd have to change my pants cuz I would mess myself.
      that would be great for the saints although lance briggs is a tad overrated IMO

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2
        Samuel and Lance Briggs, please~! MMMM!!
        If we signed them both I'd have to change my pants cuz I would mess myself.
        that would be great for the saints although lance briggs is a tad overrated IMO
        Even if he is a tad overrated he would still beef up our linebackers which is what we need.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

I have a quick question. I'm doing an offseason and mock draft for the Saints, and i need to know if we would trade our first rounf pick for Briggs?

Comment

Originally posted by LSU Man
            I have a quick question. I'm doing an offseason and mock draft for the Saints, and i need to know if we would trade our first rounf pick for Briggs?
            I don't think he is worth a first round pick, but that's just me.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't trade a first for him either.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

One thing the Saints shouldn't do is overlook SF. They've been playing good ball lately and their defense has really been stepping up.

WHO DAT!

Comment

One thing the Saints shouldn't do is overlook SF. They've been playing good ball lately and their defense has really been stepping up.
                  I'm not worried about SF's defense. We can move the ball on just about anybody. I'm worried about stopping Frank Gore, or should I say hoping to contain Frank Gore...
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by swagger
                    I love Scott but I thought this was funny...

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

C'mon Scott!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20!
                    Just wanted to respond:

Notice that quote didn't say anything about what I thought of Colston as a player but merely what I thought his chances were of making the team right after the draft (before he started tearing up their camps). I had Colston as my #7 sleeper prospect, ahead of a number of guys who went much higher them him like Tarvaris Jackson and Paul McQuistan.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Stallworth's departure also really opened things up for Colston down in the Big Easy, it was pretty hard to predict much of a 7th round pick immediately after the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Originally posted by swagger
                        I love Scott but I thought this was funny...

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

C'mon Scott!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20!
                        Just wanted to respond:

Notice that quote didn't say anything about what I thought of Colston as a player but merely what I thought his chances were of making the team right after the draft (before he started tearing up their camps). I had Colston as my #7 sleeper prospect, ahead of a number of guys who went much higher them him like Tarvaris Jackson and Paul McQuistan.
                        I noticed. I think that guy was just trying to prove you wrong or something.

I kept up with as much of Saints training camp as I could and I remember reading articles that mentioned how impressive Sean Patyon and the rest of the coaching staff were with Colston. Also, the emergence of Jamal Jones, someone who went undrafted but has also impressed coaches as well but still needs some development, really were the keys in trading away Stallworth. I was wary of us trading Stallworth since I thought he stepped it up last year but the risk has paid off. You never know what you're going to get from a 7th Rd. draft pick, sometimes you'll find a stud but more than likely you'll find a dud.

I remember my friend calling me up and telling me about who we drafted in the end of the draft and he told me we drafted a wide receiver from Hofstra and I told him "what a waste. he's not making the team"

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
                          I'm not worried about SF's defense. We can move the ball on just about anybody. I'm worried about stopping Frank Gore, or should I say hoping to contain Frank Gore...
                          Frank Gore, an emerging Alex Smith, and a returning Vernon Davis scare me as well. I never look past a game, much like Sean Payton. One game at a time and from here on out, it's a 5-game playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
                            Frank Gore, an emerging Alex Smith, and a returning Vernon Davis scare me as well. I never look past a game, much like Sean Payton. One game at a time and from here on out, it's a 5-game playoff.
                            Exactly. I got into that mind set when Nick Saban became coach at LSU and I'm a believer of that style. Frank Gore is a beast. He's really going to be something special.

WHO DAT!

Comment

What do you guys think of us getting Patrick Willis in Scott's new mock draft? I absolutely love the pick. We could then address CB in Round 2.

WHO DAT!

Comment

As some of you may know, and I'm sure some of you probably don't know, there used to be a Saints fan on here named SaintsDomePatrol. I first met him when Ward paired us together to Co-GM the Saints in last year's forum mock.

Here's a picture of him: (Warning it's a rough police sketch after he was wanted for cutting the head off of 50 chickens and banging a beagle)

Well, let's cut to the chase... SaintsDomePatrol and I started hanging together outside of NFLDC. We went to strip clubs, drank beers, he passed out in my yard a few times, and tried dating my sister. Then he did the unthinkable. He betrayed my trust and went against a decision of mine. That is something my friends don't do, because I know people that will take care of someone like that.

Then the day came where they did take care of him and this is how we did it:

First a beating with this:

Then tortured him by showing him this:
                                h
                                (Well, her tv show and reruns of it)

Finally we put him through this:

At the end, he looked like this:

The point of this is to let everyone know that SaintsDomePatrol (SDP) will no longer be active on this forum anymore. Let's have a moment for him.

Please don't ban me.... :(

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information