This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    He was a big reason you guys destroyed us running with Deuce McAllister last year
    Well Dhani will probably be a backup, if he does have to play it will likely be at the WILL spot, so he can move around in space and not have to take on a lot of blocks which was his main problem from what I hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
      Well Dhani will probably be a backup, if he does have to play it will likely be at the WILL spot, so he can move around in space and not have to take on a lot of blocks which was his main problem from what I hear.
      I guess Simoneau will be the backup MLB in that case, which I don't like. I think he's more suited for Will.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        I guess Simoneau will be the backup MLB in that case, which I don't like. I think he's more suited for Will.
        Yeah Simoneau most likely will be the primary backup MLB (unless he beats out Simmons in camp), but I believe he can step in at any of the 3 LB spots if needed, but I agree ideally he's suited for being a WILL.

It's weird but we really don't have a true MIKE LB, since Simmons played mostly on the Weak Side in Cincy most of his career and stepped in at Middle because of injuries. Which makes me wonder what we have in Marvin Mitchell, because he has MLB qualities but I wonder if he has the ability to be a starter in this league.
        Last edited by Auron; 07-06-2007, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• To be fair, I think most of us thought the same about Marques Colston last year.

Comment

• From all the pub he gets from being a great guy, I think this brings a tremendous locker room presence. If not productive on the field, he certainly will be off of it. Thoughts?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
              To be fair, I think most of us thought the same about Marques Colston last year.
              True, in the sense that they were both 7th rounders who weren't expected to contribute much if anything at all. However there are some differences Colston came from a small school which led him to be largely overlooked. Mitchell on the other hand comes from a big time program, Tennessee. He had a career high 104 tackles last season, and was a Defensive leader. However there are questions about his speed. Does he have enough athleticism to be more than just a 2 down run thumper?

So far I've only heard good reports about him in Minis and OTAs, about how he was instinctive and able to cover backs and tight ends effectively. I guess we'll see in training camp how he fares...

I will say this though... with the signing of Jones we should have some serious battles in Camp at the Linebacker spots. Guys like Wade Koehl, Trev Faulk, Troy Evans, Alfred Fincher, Desmond Sims, and Mitchell are going to have their work cut out for them trying to fill out the final roster spots.

Comment

• I suppose thats true. We'll see how he fairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                  From all the pub he gets from being a great guy, I think this brings a tremendous locker room presence. If not productive on the field, he certainly will be off of it. Thoughts?
                  Or at the very worst, special teams.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• The Saints won an ESPY award for Best Moment in sports this past year for their Monday Night Victory in the re-opening of the Super Dome. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Will Smith, and Scott Fujita were on hand to receive the award.

Yahoo
                    The best moment award went to the New Orleans Saints, who returned to the Superdome for the first time since Hurricane Katrina and defeated the Atlanta Falcons on "Monday Night Football."
                    Pictures from the event

Comment

• The Saints have the 8th best offensive line by Scouts, Inc.

8. New Orleans Saints
                      The Saints had the best passing offense in the NFL at better than 281 yards per game, thanks in large part to the fact that they gave up just 23 sacks in 2006. However, they are well below average in the rushing department at just 3.7 yards per carry. Left tackle Jammal Brown is becoming a quality tackle entering his third year, and fifth-year right tackle Jon Stinchcomb gives the Saints a very good pair of bookends. Guards Jahri Evans and Jamar Nesbit and center Jeff Faine are more than adequate but hardly Pro Bowl-caliber, though as a group they do a respectable job of combining strength and athleticism to protect quarterback Drew Brees, who is not the most mobile quarterback in the league. They could stand to add some more power up front to give them stronger run blocking.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I'd say that's a pretty fair ranking. Drew Brees' pocket presence and quick release mask a lot of the lines weaknesses but it also goes both ways they are a very capable pass protecting line. I agree the overall run blocking effort needs to improve, but we return all 5 of last years starters and drafted extra competition. So they should get better in that department just from the experience of playing together alone. Also Reggie Bush's negative yardage plays from early on in the season when he was struggling skewed the rushing statistics a bit. As he becomes a more experienced runner the rushing totals will definitely improve.

Comment

• Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports The Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation has sent a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell seeking to host the NFL Draft. There are plans to make the event into a weeklong carnival with special events and even a Mardi Gras-style parade leading up to the NFL Draft. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is "committed to Radio City for next year's draft. Then we will review our options, including the possibility of taking the draft to other locations."
                          Source: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                            That'd be awesome if that would happen.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Is it true that Meachem is out for 4-6 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                                Is it true that Meachem is out for 4-6 weeks?
                                That's old news now. ESPN.com Over a month ago he underwent an arthroscopic surgery to clean out his knee. The latest reports are that he's going to be ready for Training Camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information