Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in a perfect world we would get both Briggs and Asante, got some cap left who knows how we are going to work our magic.

Comment

• It's been pretty dead in here guess we're all waiting for Training Camp.

I started writing a Saints Blog. My first write up is a 2007 Training Camp Preview, I wrote about the main positional battles and gave some predictions on who I thought would make the cut. Check it out!

http://saintsauron.blogspot.com/

Comment

• That's what I'm talking about, Auron. Good work, man.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Thanks for reading.

NFC Training Camp Questions at theSporting News.
          The Saints already have put 2006 behind them. At the urging of assistant head coach/linebackers Joe Vitt, they staged a New Orleans-style jazz funeral at the end of their offseason workouts and buried the memories and accolades. The message: Finishing one game short of the Super Bowl wasn't good enough. The team will need to invest the same amount of work and effort, if not more, in camp this summer to take the next step.

"It's about recognizing that this is a whole new year," says Loomis.

Comment

• Im surprised no one has mentioned the signing of Meachem yet. 5 year deal, I forget the details right now but I believe 5 mill in guarantees.

Comment

• Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
              Im surprised no one has mentioned the signing of Meachem yet. 5 year deal, I forget the details right now but I believe 5 mill in guarantees.
              Yeah I just found out, (was at work all day)

ESPN.com

Meachem agreed Tuesday morning to the deal, which could max out at $11.3 million. Included in it is $5.71 million in guaranteed money. The contract and the guarantees came in at more than eight percent better than the 27th pick in last year's NFL draft.
              So I guess that means we're the first team to have all of our Draft picks signed? WooHoo!! now everyone can just come into camp and focus on Football.

Comment

• Pittsburgh and San Diego finished before us, but we came in third (which isn't bad) ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  Pittsburgh and San Diego finished before us, but we came in third (which isn't bad) ;)
                  Dang it, I haven't been keeping up with their signings. Basically I thought either us, or the Bears would finish all of them. Either way 3rd isn't too shabby.

Comment

• This is great to go into camp with all of our picks signed. Have we ever done that before?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• So training camp in a day, Hall of Fame game August 5th. What are some of your general thoughts for the upcoming season guys?

Personally I've been really mixed lately. One day I wake up thinking this is finally our year and we have a great shot at having a Super Bowl Caliber team, and then the next day I fear that we might suffer a slight let down with the high expectations. I've been going back and forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                        Personally I've been really mixed lately. One day I wake up thinking this is finally our year and we have a great shot at having a Super Bowl Caliber team, and then the next day I fear that we might suffer a slight let down with the high expectations. I've been going back and forth.
                        Man, same here. It feels so weird going into a season with high expectations and goals with anything less of a NFCCG or Super Bowl appearance is a disappointment.. I wonder how recent Eagles, Colts, & Patriots do it, but at the same time it's a good feeling. I'm going to just sit back and watch the season unfold... pre-season doesn't mean TOO much to me but it will be a good barometer of how our younger players/rookies perform. No injuries. *crosses fingers*
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          Man, same here. It feels so weird going into a season with high expectations and goals with anything less of a NFCCG or Super Bowl appearance is a disappointment.. I wonder how recent Eagles, Colts, & Patriots do it, but at the same time it's a good feeling. I'm going to just sit back and watch the season unfold... pre-season doesn't mean TOO much to me but it will be a good barometer of how our younger players/rookies perform. No injuries. *crosses fingers*
                          Strange thing for me is that we're in much better hands coming into this season then we were in 2000 coming off the 10-6 year with our first Playoff victory.The coaching staff is dedicated, the players are unselfish, and team oriented, but I still can't shake the nervous feeling. I might have to re-watch the Dallas game again that always makes me feel better. :D

I'm not guessing we'll see much in pre-season, If I recall correctly Saints looked terrible last Pre-Season and it didn't mean much of anything when the Season began. Starters will probably only play a handful of series's. Although it's going to be really interesting to see the new guys like David, Kaesviharn, Eric Johnson, Clancy and some of the Rookies on the field in a Saints uni for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                            I might have to re-watch the Dallas game again that always makes me feel better. :D
                            Word, man. That's the one game that was just... bananas. Being from Texas originally, that was just great because I really despise the Cowboys or rather.. the Cowboys fans that I used to come in contact with on a daily basis.

And, even though I was devastated and disappointed after this game... I can always watch Bush's catch/run against the Bears to get pumped for the upcoming season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12Ndr-j9UQ

Comment

• Honestly, I never go into a season with high expectations. I know thats a bad thing to say, but when you grow up with the Saints its kind of an instinct.

I half expect a good year, but part of me is afraid that they'll fall flat on their face and end up with a top 10 draft pick. ON paper, the NFC is wide open, and with the offense that the Saints bring to the table they should be one of the favorites.

Comment

• The Bush reception in the NFC Championship was ridiculous, definitely one of the top 5 plays of our season. I have a hard time putting it above the Blocked punt, but I think it was definitely his best individual play of the year. You know Bush started slow adjusting to the NFL, but the final month of the season he really came on. The last 5 games of the season he was averaging 5.1 YPC, and had 7 TDs from scrimmage. I think he's going to keep improving with experience in every game he plays.

Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                                Honestly, I never go into a season with high expectations. I know thats a bad thing to say, but when you grow up with the Saints its kind of an instinct.

I half expect a good year, but part of me is afraid that they'll fall flat on their face and end up with a top 10 draft pick. ON paper, the NFC is wide open, and with the offense that the Saints bring to the table they should be one of the favorites.
                                Yeah I see what you're saying man. No matter how good we may look on paper, I'll always be cautious maybe because of the ghosts of our past. Facing Indy should be a good first test to see where we're at.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information