Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its just a cautionary reaction so I don't get too frustrated. That way I can always say "Hey, I knew this would happen."

Comment

• Steve Gleason placed on Injured Reserve. NewOrleansSaints.Com
      The Saints announced Wednesday that they have placed safety Steve Gleason on the Reserve/Injured list. Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced the roster move that rules Gleason out for the 2007 season.
      I'll miss the intensity he brought on Special Teams.. This might open the door for either Chris Reis, or Curry Burns to earn a spot on the team.

Comment

• So is anyone here going to TC at some point?

Can someone keep us updated with reports, insider observations, and videos if at all possible? Thanks I am so ready I need all the details I can get.

Comment

• I'm going to miss Steve Gleason running all over the field on special teams this season with his hair flowing all over the place.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

• So did you guys see todays running regiment? The had a video on the team's website, looked somewhat brutal for the first day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
              So is anyone here going to TC at some point?

Can someone keep us updated with reports, insider observations, and videos if at all possible? Thanks I am so ready I need all the details I can get.
              I've been thinking of trying to make it but I don't know if I'll be able to with my schedule.

There should be a lot of Training Camp reports from posters on SaintsReport, WhoDatZone, I'd also check the Official Saints Site and WWL.com daily.

I'll do my best to keep updated blog entries, (link in my sig) Today they just ran a conditioning test. Tomorrow they'll run 2 Full Pad practices.

Comment

• Credit to Frank The Rat at SaintsReport.com:

"Take a look at these three pictures. I took this back to back to back. Shows how fast Reggie is. First picture Kevin Kaesviharn is getting into coverage with Reggie approaching. Second picture Kevin is right there with Reggie. Third Picture Reggie is already a yard past him. These pictures are taken a second apart."

The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Yeah great Photos Flyboy thanks for posting. Haven't been around lately, but here's what I gathered from Saints training camp so far. There have been 3 days of practices thus far. These aren't my own observations just points I've gathered from reading various forums, blogs, and sites.

- Reggie will be spectacular this year he's just making Linebackers look silly and is more decisive in his running, he might even be faster this season if that's humanly possibly.

- The surprise of camp thus far has been David Patten. He's a very precise, experienced route runner, and catches the ball well seems like him and Brees have developed a repertoire.

- One player that is constantly impressing among practice observers is new CB Jason David, he's hustling on every play and making amazing pass deflections. He moved into the 1st team practices today, so while it may be a bit premature I'll go out and say he's my best bet for being our #2 CB. :)

- Deuce is in great shape. He's leaner, and slimmer, and it appears he has some extra burst back in his step so the ACL should no longer be a concern. (Defenses will fear the home run threat from Reggie, but Deuce's speed might surprise some this year) Actually everyone besides Hollis Thomas seems to be in excellent condition, and even he's pushing himself.

- Just because Grant got a big pay day does not mean he's going to slack off and cash in his chips. He's going all out, and practicing as hard as anyone.

- Meachem has looked alright, at times it looks like he's thinking too much and still trying to get caught up to speed, but the coaches are working hard with him to get him up to pace.

2 last notes from Sunday's practice sessions. There was one play where Colston made a spectacular "Behind the Back 1 Handed" Catch.. which made the crowd go absolutely wild. Also Usama Young was finally in, and he read and diagnosed a route perfectly made the Interception for a Pick 6. I'm about to explode waiting for the season to start, I get more pumped with every report I read. :D
                  Last edited by Auron; 07-30-2007, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Haha, yeah, I've been reading ALL I can Auron... trust me! Man, Bush.. faster? Oh Jesus.. can't wait.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Reggie Bush is one of the first players ever to have that much hype and I wouldnt consider over hyped....you cant over hype this guy he's that good and I look forward to him setting records on ESPN highlights ths year...

Comment

• May be just me... but outside of Saints fan circles I haven't heard too much Bush "hype" lately. (Maybe because I don't watch much ESPN though) I actually believe there is a majority of people that think he's a bit overrated as a runner. I hope he proves them wrong this year.

and yeah I'm counting down the days until the Hall of Fame game. Here's some more pictures from Camp. Full Credit goes to SaintRob on SaintsReport.com these are his pictures.

( A leaner, meaner Deuce Mac)

(Bush making a leaping catch, McKenzie in coverage. Reggie should be utilized in a ton of different ways this season and I think he'll get more action at WR. I have a feeling he'll be doing a lot more "Grown man stuff" this season. :D)

(Brees airing it out)

(5'8 David, vs. 6'4 Colston looks like a pretty big mismatch but Jason can hold his own)

(Colston looking like a man amongst Boys)

Comment

• To be real hes the most versatile player to come out of college in years.. on the offense he can play any position and that leaves the Saints with options,,,

Comment

• I am so excited about this season. I really can't wait to hear more about how Usama Young is doing. Also, any news about David Jones?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              I am so excited about this season. I really can't wait to hear more about how Usama Young is doing. Also, any news about David Jones?
                              First bad news of Camp came today.. when DE Rob Ninkovich was carted off the field with a knee injury. It was said that he was in excruciating pain. Payton said after practice they are optmistic the injury isn't too serious. There will be a report tomorrow morning on his condition.

I know that Usama did impress some people who saw him at camp he's had a couple of Interceptions. One yesterday I read about where he anticipated the route the receiver was going to run and just made a break on it and took it back for a TD. As for David Jones, I haven't read too much about him. I guess he's doing OK but not really standing out. I'm sure we'll hear more about them both as Camp goes on.

Comment

• LSSpam's recaps at SaintsReport are what make my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information