Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I try to read everyones reports but his are the most detailed, and organized.

I believe Ninkovich only has a sprained MCL and it shouldn't be nearly as serious as last years injury. UPDATE: He's out 4 weeks. LINK
    Last edited by Auron; 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• I hear Anwar Phillips is doing damn well in camp. This is coming from the Times in New Orleans. Kid looks good from what they say, hopefully he can translate it into the real games.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• I've read Anwar was doing ok, he made some solid plays over the past few practices.

However I'm hearing more great impressions about Jason David, and Usama Young lately. Especially Usama I think he's had an impressive Interception for 3 days in a row.

Comment

• Man I love to hear that.

Comment

• Saints | Ghent signed
            Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:44:38 -0700

Dave Lawrence, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have signed free-agent TE Ronnie Ghent (Bengals). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Saints | Scharff signed
            Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:43:36 -0700

Dave Lawrence, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have signed free-agent DE Scott Scharff (Saints). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Saints | Legree placed on IR
            Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:43:22 -0700

Dave Lawrence, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports New Orleans Saints DT Lance Legree (knee) has been placed on Injured Reserve, ending his 2007 season.

Saints | Hamm waived
            Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:13:00 -0700

The Associated Press reports the New Orleans Saints have waived DE Jonathan Hamm.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Rhema McKnight has been cut.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Signed: Chris Jackson (WR) and Tim Duckworth (OG).
                Released: Rhema McNight (WR) and Wes Sims (OG).

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2007...ng_update.html

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Article on our Defensive Ends. NOLA.com

Will Smith, and Charles Grant have very high expectations this year for themselves. As they should they are becoming one of the Elite DE tandems in this league.

Thought this one part in particular was very interesting..
                  Smith said he and Grant will have more say in what schemes they run on passing downs this season. For instance, they will be allowed to call their own moves.

"They're letting us go a little more and kind of do our own thing, you know, which gives us a lot more opportunity to make big plays and get sacks," Smith said.
                  Seems like the Coaching staff is at a level where they can trust these guys to make their own calls and let them be utilized however they feel best fits their skills, in certain situations.

Comment

• Yeah, I read that last part too last night, Auron. I actually got chills and went, "Oh ****!" I'm trying SO hard not to get too hyped for the upcoming season, but damn.. it's hard NOT to.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I was hoping McKnight would have made the team. It seemed that he possessed a skill set that Payton likes in his receivers. Oh well, though, I'm sure we'll field the best players for the position.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Aw man I was really rooting for Rhema. I always thought he was the better receiver than Samardzija or however you spell it but he got overshadowed.

I guess its tough to crack a depth chart with so many talented guys though.

Comment

• I'm not sure how correct this is, but there are rumors that Rhema didn't respond well to criticism and talked back to Receivers Coach Curtis Johnson. Which didn't go over very well for an UDFA.

On a separate note can't believe the HOF Game is tomorrow.

Comment

• Yeah, I know Auron. Kinda crazy. *prays for no injuries*

Comment

• Woah, it is isn't it?

I completely forgot. Man, the season's coming up fast. College football polls came out yesterday and tomorrow we have a preseason game.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to Sunday. My two favorite teams start off the pre-season. I can't wait.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information