Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather have Ellis myself, although I see your point about quality of safety prospects taking quite a dip after Phillips.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
      I'd rather have Ellis myself, although I see your point about quality of safety prospects taking quite a dip after Phillips.
      I'm very weary of DTs ever since Jonathan Sullivan. I'm scarred for life. With that said, I would love to land Ellis too. Phillips wouldn't be bad at all either. Just defense plz.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• I'm curious about how we'll be picking 9th with a 7-9 record myself

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• #10, but I'll take it.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Indeed, it looks like the Saints will have the 10th overall pick.

Cincy at 9 could very well be a lock for Ellis, unfortunately. Granted they need a defensive end who is a pass rushing threat in the worst way.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Indeed, it looks like the Saints will have the 10th overall pick.

Cincy at 9 could very well be a lock for Ellis, unfortunately. Granted they need a defensive end who is a pass rushing threat in the worst way.
              Cincy can take Gholston. We can take Ellis. :)

Or if they do take Ellis, that still leaves Malcolm Kelly/Kenny Phillips. I'm pretty content considering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Cincy can take Gholston. We can take Ellis. :)

Or if they do take Ellis, that still leaves Malcolm Kelly/Kenny Phillips. I'm pretty content considering.
                Why would the Saints even consider taking another receiver like Malcolm Kelly in round one?

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Why would the Saints even consider taking another receiver like Malcolm Kelly in round one?
                  I highly doubt it. We have Meachem who should start alongside Colston next year. I'm sure we'll try and re-sign David Patten and Lance Moore so that would mean we only need to sign one to two more free agent WR's. I'd really like to us target Bernard Berrian in FA. We'd have a killer receiving threat if it was Colston, Berrian, and Meachem along with Patten and Moore as the 4 and 5.

I think we'll either go after someone like Malcom Jenkins, Kenny Phillips, Keith Rivers, or Dan Conner (although that would be a stretch depending on how he does in work outs.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    I meant Jenkins. Too many Malcolm's. :(

Comment

• Sorry about getting your hopes up ;) Made a mistake in the Excel document I used to calculate the teams strength of schedule.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Right now I'd take Malcolm Jenkins, but the Saints need help at the CB position NOW, not two years from now. Find that help in FA. I'm sold on the saints taking a linebacker or trading the pick.

Comment

• Just so glad this painfully disappointing season is over, too many up and downs and what ifs.. A lot of work needs to be done in the off-season.

I'll post some of my Off-season thoughts later, but in short I think Sedrick Ellis, Kenny Phillips, Malcom Jenkins, Mike Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, and possibly Keith Rivers are the obvious targets... and I definitely think the 10 pick needs to be Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
                            I'll post some of my Off-season thoughts later, but in short I think Sedrick Ellis, Kenny Phillips, Malcom Jenkins, Mike Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, and possibly Keith Rivers are the obvious targets... and I definitely think the 10 pick needs to be Defense.
                            Same here, however, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that pick was Desean Jackson. I'm just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Same here, however, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that pick was Desean Jackson. I'm just saying.
                              The only acceptable situation where I can see an Offensive player being taken, would be if most of those guys where off the board, and there was amazing Offensive Tackle value available. (like a Jake Long)

and I hope that's only if they land some prime Defensive Free Agents.

Comment

• Asante Samuel would look awesome on the Saints but im not so sure the team is willing to dish out that kinda dough in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information