X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins want Saints' Carmichael
    By Omar Kelly | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    January 26, 2008

MIAMI - The Dolphins are inching closer finalizing their coaching staff.

According to an NFL source, the Dolphins have offered the offensive coordinator job to Pete Carmichael Jr., who has spent the past two seasons as the Saints' quarterback coach, and New Orleans special teams coordinator John Bonamego has accepted the same position with the Dolphins.

Carmichael is credited for tutoring Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Brees in New Orleans and San Diego, and has worked with Saints head coach Sean Payton, a Bill Parcells protege.

He worked with new Dolphins coach Tony Sparano for two seasons, one in Washington and one in Cleveland. He has also spent four seasons working under former Dolphins coach Cam Cameron in San Diego from 2002-05.

If Carmichael accepts the job this will be his first time leading an offense at any level. Carmichael was considered for the same job under Cameron last year, but took his name out of the running.

Bonamego has coached nine seasons in the NFL and worked alongside Sparano in Jacksonville under then-Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin.

The Dolphins also hired former New Haven defensive coordinator Steve Bush, according to the Syracuse Post-Standard's Web site, Syracuse.com. He will be an offensive assistant for the Dolphins

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Per PFT:
      POSTED 8:57 p.m. EST, January 26, 2008

SAINTS TO PLAY CHARGERS IN LONDON

When Drew Brees left the Chargers and signed with the Saints, he likely never dreamed that his opportunity to prove the folks in San Diego that they kept the wrong guy would occur on the other side of an ocean.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the New Orleans Saints will "host" the San Diego Chargers on October 26 in London.

The game will be played at Wembley Stadium, the same venue where the Dolphins hosted the Giants in October 2007. There was some thought that the game wouldn't be played at Wembley again, because the slick soccer pitch coupled with a cold rain made the thing a sloppy mess last time around.

This time, the league wanted to provide England with a potentially high-scoring game, and the Chargers and Saints have two of the league's marquee offenses.
      :\
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Hahaha, that is going to be absolutely comical.

I can just see big Charles Grant next to like..Tony Blair or something.

Comment

• Are we losing a home game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
            Are we losing a home game?
            Yes. Yes we are.
            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
              Yes. Yes we are.
              That's BS. The only way this could get worse is if NFLN carried it.

Comment

• Whoa, this year's London game kicks ass. Saints win 38-35 imo.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Whoa, this year's London game kicks ass. Saints win 38-35 imo.
                  Our offensive line against the Chargers' defensive line? Ehhh.. we've had major problems with stout defenses lately (except for Jacksonville this season) and 3-4 teams. I don't see this game going in our favor... well, I could see Brees throwing for 5 TDs to stick it to A.J. Smith.

Hmm.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Our offensive line against the Chargers' defensive line? Ehhh.. we've had major problems with stout defenses lately (except for Jacksonville this season) and 3-4 teams. I don't see this game going in our favor... well, I could see Brees throwing for 5 TDs to stick it to A.J. Smith.

Hmm.
                    Your dead right. Unless we do some major changes in the offseason we're going to get beat. In front of a bunch of Englishmen.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Forget Norv's Chargers traveling to the east coast, they'll be traveling across the Atlantic. This favors the Saints.

Also,

I remember.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Why'd you have to post that, Geo?

I'm going to go cry now.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Saints Promote Two On Coaching Staff

NewOrleansSaints.com, NewOrleansSaints.com
                          Monday, January 28, 2008 - 3:39 PM

The New Orleans Saints have promoted two assistant coaches – Greg McMahon to special teams coordinator and Dennis Allen to secondary coach – it was announced today by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. Both McMahon and Allen joined the Saints with Coach Sean Payton’s original staff in 2006.

McMahon has been the assistant special teams coach since arriving in New Orleans, which followed a lengthy stretch in the college ranks where he earned a reputation as one of the nation’s top special teams coaches. He came to the Saints after a one-year stint at East Carolina. Prior to 2005, McMahon spent 13 years at the University of Illinois. From 2001-04, Illinois blocked 16 kicks and his special teams units accounted for nine touchdowns. Players under his guidance include the school’s leaders in punting average, single-season scoring and punt return yardage.

McMahon replaces John Bonamego, who has departed to become special teams coordinator of the Miami Dolphins.

Allen enters his third season in New Orleans after serving his first two years as assistant defensive line coach. He has been instrumental over the last two years in the club’s front four becoming one of the defense’s strengths, including posting 49.5 sacks since the start of the 2006 season. Allen joined the Saints after a four-year stint with the Atlanta Falcons. His final two years were as defensive assistant/quality control, with an emphasis on working with the defensive line, and in his first two seasons Allen helped tutor the secondary.

Allen – who was the secondary coach at Tulsa from 2000-01 before heading to the NFL – earned four letters at Texas A&M as a safety (1992-95), starting the final 21 games of his career. Allen replaces Tom Hayes on the Saints’ coaching staff.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• I think that was a dumb move the city really needs the money they get from home games. I thought the NFL was trying to help NO......If they wanted a high scoring game they should have sent NE and Indy

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• NE and Indy just played. The score was 24-20. Both those teams have good defenses now.

I really want to see Bengals vs Saints. The two number 9s dueling it out. That would be a sick game. When was the last time you guys played them?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                                NE and Indy just played. The score was 24-20. Both those teams have good defenses now.

I really want to see Bengals vs Saints. The two number 9s dueling it out. That would be a sick game. When was the last time you guys played them?
                                Two seasons ago. And, they spanked our ass. Chad Johnson had a field day against our secondary (specifically Fred Thomas).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information