Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the consensus it's a make or break it year for Bullocks without question. Rivers in round one Phillips in round two (doubtful)? I'd easily jump on that.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
      The Saints could probably convert to a Tampa 2 tomorrow if they wanted. Especially as they now have an ideal Tampa 2 MLB in Vilma, and also have Morgan at WILL. Boy, it's going to be fun to watch those two side-by-side on the same field, if Morgan can stay healthy. Who knows, maybe it's Keith Rivers playing next to Vilma ...

What's the feeling at safety, think this is a make or break year for Bullocks? It is a contract year for him, but do you guys think the Saints go ahead and pull the trigger on a potential free safety prospect sometime in the Draft?
      I think we could definitely draft Bullocks replacement some time in the draft, however, I think it will be in the later rounds. I have not given up on Bullocks like some Saints fans. I have actually brought up the point that I'd think he would make a better strong safety than free safety and have thought that for quite some time. I think who we will give up on sooner than Bullocks is Roman Harper. You don't mention a guy in trade talks (for Jeremy Shockey) unless your thinking about giving up on him.

I think the Saints could convert to a Tampa 2 scheme but where does that leave Fujita? And Dan Morgan? I'm giving him 5 games until he gets another concussion and that's being generous. Rivers is the man we need playing next to Vilma. I think they would be a terror playing side by side.

What we need, though, before any of that, is one or two talented defensive tackles. Say a Trevor Laws, Dre Moore, or Red Bryant in the 2nd with Frank Morton in the 7th. That would be ideal. At least for me anyway.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        I think we could definitely draft Bullocks replacement some time in the draft, however, I think it will be in the later rounds. I have not given up on Bullocks like some Saints fans. I have actually brought up the point that I'd think he would make a better strong safety than free safety and have thought that for quite some time. I think who we will give up on sooner than Bullocks is Roman Harper. You don't mention a guy in trade talks (for Jeremy Shockey) unless your thinking about giving up on him.
        The Giants asked for Harper (hm, shows his value) and he was injured for nearly all of his rookie season. It's way too soon to give up on him.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          The Giants asked for Harper (hm, shows his value) and he was injured for nearly all of his rookie season. It's way too soon to give up on him.
          I didn't know they asked for him. I thought we offered him.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            I didn't know they asked for him. I thought we offered him.
            I heard reports that they asked and some that we offered. Not sure which if any are true.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• I believe the former. New York media (as mouthpieces for the team) and Giants fans are trying to play it off like the Saints offered, hahaha NO.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• One idea that I have been curiously tossing around in my head is a possible trade for NY Jets DT Dewayne Robertson. He's relatively young, he's talented, and has experience. He does come with a hefty contract but that's the price you have to pay sometimes.

This is a trade that was worked out in the mock draft and I wonder if realistically it could work:

New Orleans Saints receive:
                DT Dewayne Robertson
                Pick #102

NY Jets receive:
                Pick #78

The value in the outdated trade value chart roughly equals out to a very, very high 4th rounder.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Sounds good to me except for his contract. If we can get him to sign a new (and cheaper) deal it sounds very good :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• A cheaper deal would be nice. But I would take him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• The contract would probably keep me away.

Comment

• If we can get him signed to a new deal I'm all for it :)
                        How about Robertson and Ellis inside and Vilma right behind them? Should make up for a nice improvement of our D!

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                          If we can get him signed to a new deal I'm all for it :)
                          How about Robertson and Ellis inside and Vilma right behind them? Should make up for a nice improvement of our D!
                          Ellis and Robertson would be pretty damn sweet, however, I am salivating at the thought of Robertson plus Trevor Laws (2nd) with Vilma and Keith Rivers playing behind them.

What I like about Laws is that he plays like a DE and has played that position before in college. On passing downs if we have McCray, Grant, Laws, and Smith all lined up then the opposing QB would have almost no time in the pocket with all of those pass rushers.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/s.../17655669.html

New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush recently joked that his friend and neighbor, Hornets point guard Chris Paul, is putting a lot of pressure on me with his MVP-caliber season.

Now Ive got to come and have an equal or better year, Bush said. Ive got to get the crowd chanting MVP.
                            Hopefully he can stay healthy and finally break out this year. Pierre Thomas should take some carries and pressure off of him too. Sounds like he's really getting dedicated and motivated though.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by DJC View Post
                              http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/s.../17655669.html

Hopefully he can stay healthy and finally break out this year. Pierre Thomas should take some carries and pressure off of him too. Sounds like he's really getting dedicated and motivated though.
                              Drew Brees is actually not your QB. Its Chris Paul in a costume.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Saints and McAllister have worked out a revised contract. The details aren’t clear, but Schefter says that McAllister could make the full $4.7 million he was due to earn this season if he returns to the form that got him said contract.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information