Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys think the Giants will do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    The Lions will have a better record than the Giants.
    Can we bet on that.

Comment

the left side of the line is pretty week...the right side is still solid...the d is good and i expect them to start ross over webster(i really liked him coming outta college)...but since madison is getting old,and ross is a rookie i really expect people to air it out on them...but they do have a pair of nice safties that i like...dline is solid and i like their linebackers,specially torbor.i think amani should be the number 4 reciever imo..reason is hes getting older and i think moss and smith could handle the slot and number 2 by themselves..buress is still a question mark because of his ability to show up on every play..eli will play inconsistant and idk about the rb's yet...so for my projection i think a 7-9 or 8-8 is not outta the question.

Comment

wow i find it funny that people who dont know anyting about our team and probably cant even name half the people even on the team without looking them up on the internet are gonna come here and say stuff like there are more questions then answers and that we are gonna finish last. the only thing that isn't surprising but this thread is that people hate on eli

Comment

i would love to make love to cutlerchris. many are just forgetting the fact the strahan, osi, and amani were out for the majority of the year(all 2nd half) and the fact we cut Emmnos. Emmons was so bad the stench of his game distracted the rest of our defense.

i want to just say one thing about Jacobs: i love the guy, and his size/speed combo is amazing, yet he isnt proven. With this, no one should say yea he cant carry the load, or he's gonna go for 1500+ yards easy. he's unproven, say that is you're gonna hate on him, but dont say, he's not a "legit RB" cuz thats just absurd, you've never seen him carry the load...
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

And with the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the New York Giants select...just kidding, but I don't see the Giants coming close to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
              wow i find it funny that people who dont know anyting about our team and probably cant even name half the people even on the team without looking them up on the internet are gonna come here and say stuff like there are more questions then answers and that we are gonna finish last. the only thing that isn't surprising but this thread is that people hate on eli
              People who aren't fans or haters of teams judge them more accurately than homer fans.

How the Giants do depends on how well Jacobs do. Eli has shown he can't carry the team yet by himself. It also depends on whether Plax and Shockey continue to care more about their stats than winning games.

I will say the Giants will play to another .500 season. This time though, a 8-8 record will not get them in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                People who aren't fans or haters of teams judge them more accurately than homer fans.

How the Giants do depends on how well Jacobs do. Eli has shown he can't carry the team yet by himself. It also depends on whether Plax and Shockey continue to care more about their stats than winning games.

I will say the Giants will play to another .500 season. This time though, a 8-8 record will not get them in the playoffs.
                are you calling me a homer?

and you are without a doubt that most negative giants fan i have ever seen all you do is talk bs

and not all people who arent fan's dont judge teams more accuratley

Comment

People look at the loss of Tiki and think that it's the end of the world. We lost a 5'11" 200 pound RB. He was nothing spectacular physically, he succeeded because he used our offensive linemen extremely well and was a patient, smart player. Our offensive line will be the same for the most part, except for the loss of Petitgout, whom we have been trying to replace for the last 5 years. I personally applaud Reese for getting rid of all the old and injury prone players. I personally think our running game will be very good this year. Jacobs is an absolute monster. Somebody on satellite radio recently said that he expects Jacobs to have a Larry Johnson type of year. I wouldn't go that far, but he is still going to have a very good season. I know it's simple to say 'the Giants will do bad because they lost Tiki'. We went 8-8 in a year in which he were riddled with injuries and had a tough schedule. Eli will have two more recievers than he did last year in Moss and Smith, our schedule will be easier, and there's no way we lose 7 starters on defense again. Keeping all that in mind, I can't see how it's far fetched for us to win 2 - 3 more games. 11-5 is a bit overly optimistic, so i'm going to go 10-6.

Comment

6-10 or 7-9

Comment

I think that the offense will be strong but on defense they will give up many big play.
                      Last edited by HerthaFootballFan; 07-28-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Eli is one of the most over-hyped players to ever play the game and he can win football games but when he came into the league everyone thought what ever team he went to was gonna be instantly transformed into Voltron....but any way with the loss of Tiki im not too familiar with there backups, there looking at a situation...
                        Last edited by trkaline; 07-27-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                          Eli is one of the most over-hyped players to ever play the game and he can win football games but when he came into the league everyone thought what ever team he went to was gonna be instantly transformed into Voltron....but any way with the loss of Tiki im not too familiar with there backups, there looking at a situation...
                          I personally dont why people thought that. As far over hyped, I think that's hardly the case. I would say most unfairly ripped more like it. Guy started two full seasons and people rip him like he has played 7 years and never panned out... almost like Vick. He gets more grief now than Vick, Carr, or Harrington ever got. But hopefully he progresses this year.

Comment

He gets ripped because he was over hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                              He gets ripped because he was over hyped.
                              No he gets ripped because:

1. draft scenerio
                              2. He is a manning
                              3. Plays in NY

This is pretty much the issue, factor in our harsh NY media, and then the national media later on, no wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                                No he gets ripped because:

1. draft scenerio
                                2. He is a manning
                                3. Plays in NY

This is pretty much the issue, factor in our harsh NY media, and then the national media later on, no wonder.
                                Exactly he is a Manning, Because of the bar his brother has set they expect alot more from him. If he had any other name it wouldn't be like that, hype caused from having a Superstar for a brother and not living up to that stadard yet=overhyped...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information