Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.
    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
      Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.
      Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.
        I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
          I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.
          I'd like to go to Jefferson to start the season as well but I don't see it happening. Natale has been here much longer so I'm assuming he has a better grasp on the offense than D.C. I love Jefferson as well, if Lsu wanted him then that tells you something right there. Hopefully in the summer D.C. can win the starting job but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We're going to be run heavy this year so I think Schiano is going to want the QB who can make the short amount of passes each game. The plus for D.C. would be that since we have such an inexperienced group of WR's that Jefferson's athletic ability would help the WR's get open on broken plays in the passing game.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.
              Haven't been to this thread in a while because I'm never in the giants team thread, so I often forget about it altogether.
              Regarding the Qb battle- DC=terrible. His performance in spring practice has shown that he is blessed with great size and a strong arm, but no qb skills. If he sees the field next year, I will be crying and praying.

Natale also looked pretty bad in spring practice, but played well in the spring game. He consistently would get a lot of time in pocket but just run around and throw the ball away, never finding an open man.

Pray that Savage is the real deal right away or this may be a long year. Hopefully he will have earned the starting job by game 4 at the latest.

The one man that will save the offense is Joe Martinek. He is huge without losing much (if any) explosiveness. When I first saw him, I was wondering who the new fullback was.

The one X factor for the offense is Sanu. He makes a lot of mistakes, but he is a godly athlete. He is such a great athlete that he could see time as a returner, Receiver, or even a safety. Schiano loves the kid, acknowledging that he isn't yet a polished player, but is a play maker because of his athleticism.

Defense looks, in a word, good.

Comment

• Should we try this thread again?
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?
                    He's a burner but his routes have gotten better. The WR and QB positions are going to have question marks the first half of the year. As I Keep saying I wish this Cincy game wasn't week 1. I really don't know why we scheduled it as such.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.
                        They actually did. They got 2 big freshmen recruits at the DT position. They got 4 star Isaac Holmes 6'3 295 and 3 star Antwan Lowery 6'4 335. Lowery was ranked higher most of the year but people were afraid he had gotten too big. Both of them were top DT recruits in the nation though. The secondary also received a big bump from recruiting and should be pretty good.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hope they can contribute fast. We need them to. Our muscle up front was just sad last year.

Comment

• our D looks good. very deep too. Couple nice battles at WLB and CB. I'm not sure I like Munoz starting at SLB making Witherspoon and Abreu battle it out for the WLB spot. oh well. lots o' talent on this team. Oh, and Sanu's an animal. Freshman of the year right there baby!
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I haven't seen Witherspoon play obviously but I was hoping we'd get a Abreu/D'Imperio/Witherspoon LB corps this year.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Im interested in scouting the Left Tackle, Im forgetting his name right now.

Rutgers has done pretty well lately with getting some olinemen in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information