Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Hopefully if we win this game we'll be 5-0 going into the Pitt game but that's getting very far ahead of ourselves. The Maryland should be tough because it's on the road but we're going to have to start to win those games consistently. Should be a great year though.
    Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Im personally a little concerned about the offense. At the end of the day, we have a new qb running the show, and our run game hasn't really taken off since Rice left, so we lost that anchor we could rely on.

But either way, Im excited about the new year. Hopefully they live up to expectations.
      I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm very concerned about our QB and WR situations. The O-Line is Top 10 in the nation and we have 3 or 4 RB's that are very good. Brooks and Martinek both averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I'm not worried about them. If we can hand the ball off most of the game and play that great Schiano defense then we should be fine. Natale and the WR's aren't going to have to win us the game I hope.
        Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Thats right, I completely forgot we lost Britt and Underwood for some reason. Yeah, good old ground n pound. I love Schiano. If he ever goes to the NFL, id hope it would be with the Giants <3.

Now if he could just recruit the top Jersey talent and convince em to stay in New Jersey, we'd have a top 10 program.

Thats the next step.
          We're getting there slowly recruiting wise. Schiano is also starting to get players from states not really associated with the circle of Rutgers. Keep an eye out on CB Darrell Givens. He's a true freshmen that was supposed to go to Penn State but somehting happened and at the last time he came to us. He was ranked as one of the top CB's in the nation and he's going to end up being a steal for us. I hope he gets some time today but I'm not really sure what true freshmen will play besides Tom Savage, Mohamed Sanu, and Steve Beauharnais.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well I'm pretty embarassed.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sorry about the loss guys, didn't get to see much of the actual game, but it looked like it was just not your day, Cincy pretty much dominated offensively it looked, from the little bit I saw (the last 6 minutes or so of the first half). Rutgers is one of my secondary favorites, if you will, (PSU is my #1) so I try to keep a close eye on them and love watching their games, and love Schiano's style as well.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• We look terrible. Our qb situation is BAD, and our defense still sucks.

On a positive note, Mohammed Sanu looks like he's gonna be a good player for us. He's fast and big, I like his potential.

Our run game is great when we run downhill. When we try that cute reverse end around nonsense, we can't do a thing.

We have WRs, we just have no qb. Brown can get open all day. Sanu is going to be a beast. We just have no qb.

I was a little disappointed in Davis too. Not his best game.

Comment

• I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Savage will be fine but I never want to see Natale as our QB ever again. Davis and the O-Line in general had a pretty bad game. The defense was really terrible and to be honest I didn't really see one positive. Schiano needs to take over that defense immediately.
                    The only real positive I took was Sanu.

The runblocking downhill in the run game was good. We just didn't get a chance to use it as much as we should have bc our defense kept giving up points.

Our WRs can get open, theyve shown that, we just need a qb who can hit them in stride.

Nothing positive about our defense. Terrible.

Comment

• Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?
                        I kind of stopped paying attention midway through the 3rd. His arm isn't as live as Natale, but at least his accuracy was a little better.

He seems hesitant in the pocket though. He needs to get that ball out quicker.

Natale's issues were mainly timing. He threw 1 boneheaded pick, but the rest was just inaccuracy from timing issues or miscommunication.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. i just want us to run the ball 80% of the time and do bubble screens until we get some confidence in that qb position.

Comment

• That's what they tried to do yesterday but the defense sucked so we had to start passing downfield which led to more problems.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I felt we abandoned the downhill run game way too soon in that game though. We ran way too much shotgun and reverses early on in the game.

If we just stuck to the plan and ran like hell, the first half wouldnt have been as lopsided.

In college ball, you don't need to abandon the run like the NFL. if you can run like hell and score, which I think we can with that oline and run game, just keep doing it. Screw it. the clock briefly stops after 1st downs anyway. keep pounding it.

But yeah, until we fix that defense, its a moot point. Our D looked awful.

Comment

• The stupid Jabu package really hurt us on a lot of drives as well.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• yeah that was terrible.

They ran a 3-4 D that clearly could be had up the gut, yet we're running all this garbage trying to get around the edge on them.

It was just a bad game all around. From the top down. I see the offensive issues as being correctable with time, but the defense...i don't know. i don't know how you fix that.

All I can see them do is blitz like hell and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information