Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Sanu looked the part big time yesterday. He's an older true freshmen so that's probably why. How do you think Savage looked?
    I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I wouldn't read too much into how Savage did. I thought he did show some nice accuracy and zip though. He does hold onto the ball too long but that's to be expected of most young quarterbacks. I don't think I've saw anyone hold the ball longer than Jimmy Clausen did his freshman year, so I'm sure Savage will adjust to getting rid of the ball.

That said Cincinatti was giving him all the underneath routes in the world at the end of the game when he was in because clearly they just were playing to avoid getting beat deep so again, I think you'll really see how well he preforms once Rutgers gets to the bulk of the Big East schedule. These next few games should be a good time to get his feet wet though.
      Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah considering the situation I was more concerned with how hard he threw the ball, his footwork, looking at his different reads, receiving the ball etc. Ray Lucas had only glowing things to say him in the postgame in regards to most of that stuff so we'll see.
        Well I thought he looked really good, even though Cinci was making it really easy for him. Quck release, good arm strength, good accracy.

Overall (considering the circumstances) I thought he was pretty impressive.

Sanu looks awesome though. He really impressed me more than just about anyone in the game.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm missing the game :(

Comment

I know it's against Howard but Tom Savage is the real deal.
              Agreed. He also throws a very nice deep ball. I think Tim Brown is going to have a huge year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Savage to Sanu all day for my 4 years at Rutgers? I love it <3
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Good game today. Martinek went in to beast mode and Natale has proven that he is not even a decent QB. I want Savage back.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Defense stepped up today finally. I know it's against a bad Maryland offense but still good to see.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        My favorite player on the team is Mohammed Sanu.
                        I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'll tell you already right now he's an NFL WR.
                          I believe it. You can just see it in him. He's not only going to be an NFL WR, but he's gonna be a 1st round pick as well.

He's got the goods.

Comment

• Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              Does anybody know Sanu's 40 time?
                              Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Rivals has him at a 4.43 coming out of high school.
                                If thats the case, Sanu is truly the real deal. He has great hands, good route runner, good speed. I agree with you guys, he may very well be a 1st round pick in 3 or 4 years. Sanu and Savage should be fun to watch over the next few years.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information