No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      You're right about the schedule and it's mostly there fault but not all of it. They wanted to sign with a big team but most people don't want to play us without screwing us out of house and home. Also, nobody expected Maryland to be this bad which would have also been a better team on the schedule. They've upped the schedule big time for the next 5-10 years because they found deals that work.

In regards to the game last night the Rutgers D came to play. They had Daniels frazzled from the first drive on. They had a perfect gameplan for him and executed it just as well. The USF D kept them in the game for almost 3 quarters before we finally put it away.
      Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        ..eh, don't go crazy now Scotty. USF is really not that great of a team and I hate to say it but they literally handed you the game. They couldn't even field a kick, much less do anything else. I'm pretty sure even a 1AA team could have beaten them with a performance like that.

I'm sorry but if it was up to me I wouldn't allow Rutgers in a bowl game. They played the most pathetic schedule I've ever seen. I mean any team could do what they did to get in a bowl game but most of them try to make a solid schedule. Every team will schedule a couple of mediocre/bad opponents but Rutgers schedule is pretty much filled with them. Plus both of their losses came from the only really good teams on that schedule (yes I am saying UConn isn't good).

That said they do have talent. Savage is solid for a true freshman and I absolutely LOVE Sanu. Kid is a beast.
        i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
        army's not horrible this year
        Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
        We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
        and Uconn isn't horrible
        we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Well I agree the Rutgers defense, particularly the pass rush, was great, but my point was USF was beating themselves in a lot of this game.

I disagree about Maryland. I think there were many people who thought they were going to be bad, or at the very least average. Perhaps not this bad though.

Also there are a lot of teams who sacrifice giving up home games in order to play good opponents, what makes Rutgers so special that they shouldn't have to do that? I mean if you guys played at Giants stadium (the new one now) it would still be excellent homefield advantage. Maybe even better than at your own stadium depending on who you play.

When we shceduled the series with Maryland over 5 years ago they were an up and coming team with a good heach coach. It's hard to schedule teams that you know will be at least average so far in advance.

Rutgers doesn't want to have to give up any extra revenue that will help them keep moving their program in the right direction. If the right deal came up they would have took it just like they did with Penn State, UCLA, and Miami. I'd say those 3 teams will look really good in their OOC schedule the next decade. We usually do a bit better job with our OOC schedule than this year.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            i wasn't really talking about the game you jerk! mainly the atmosphere we had and me being there experiencing a thurday night, espn beat down of the number 23 ranked team in the nation (i know they're not that good, but still) and just me being a part of Rutgers. last night was just awesome.

and not in a bowl? pfft.
            army's not horrible this year
            Maryland wasn't supposed to be this bad and when we scheduled them, they were a good team
            We played Pit very tough (probably should've beat them)
            and Uconn isn't horrible
            we finish out with wins over 'cuse, WVU and loserville, there's no way you can believe we don't deserve a bowl game.
            If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

If you can beat WVU then yes, I will say you deserve a bowl game. Otherwise, no.

And if you want to say you probably should have beaten Pitt I could easily say you should have lost to a sub par UConn team.
              pfft we were dominating that whole game. I'm embarassed it came down to that miracle comeback.

but again, we're a young team right now struggling with consistancy and capitalizing. I think if we finish a season losing only 2-3 teams, all of whom have been ranked, we deserve at least some ****** bowl. Wasn't expecting much this season however, but I'm sooo excited for the rest of the season. Beauharnis was ALL over BJ last night, he's got great potential for us
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• This freshemn class is going to be amazing. Stars all over the place and we haven't even see Ryan and Givens in the secondary yet or Holmes and Lowery on the D-Line.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• its gonna be Temple Rutgers bowl, international bowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    its gonna be Temple Rutgers bowl, international bowl?
                    I've read that in some places. If we win out then I think we might get something else though.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• if they beat WVU then yea

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        its gonna be Temple Rutgers bowl, international bowl?
                        but then we'd just win another bowl in blowout fashion.

well except last year...
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

well except last year...
                          Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

well except last year...
                            stop it...we gonna have our RB run for at least 180 and like 2 tds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Have you seen Scott Wright's blog today?
                              i JUST did, and I came...multiple times
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

i JUST did, and I came...multiple times
                                :) I figured.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information