No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.
      and thats without Sanu too dammit!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!
          4* recruit from Florida. He's a CB/S but it looks like we told him he'll play CB for us. He picked us over Michigan but he had offers from all the big schools. He was also 1st Team All Florida in HS. Sounds like a good hard working player. Also the highest ranked recruit we ever got from Florida. The best part I saved for last. His name is Rashad KNIGHT.

The class started off terrible but within the last week we're really getting better. It's going to end up being not rated as high as last year but we're really getting some good players recently. The two players left that are interested in us that would be big gets are Jeremy Deering and Brandon Coleman. They both have us down in their final 2 with Florida State(Deering) and Maryland(Coleman. If we get those two we did a really good job.
          Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 02-02-2010, 01:07 PM.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Holy crap!!! The WR Coleman I was just talking about committed to us also. Said he has a good relationship with Schiano and Savage. What a great 3 hours for Rutgers football recruiting.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wow I just got back from work and we got Deering also!!! This is the best day in Rutgers recruiting ever.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• WOOO Rutgers is reelin' 'em in. It's looking good for me here! Especially since I plan on going to grad school so I'll see this kid play a ton!
                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                    We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.
                    Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.
                      THe thing with Mera is that I'm not sure what kind of frame he has to put on weight. He is a defensive lineman who played at 240, however, I know that he is down to 215 now for wrestling. The fact that he can get down that far for wrestling may mean his frame can't hold enough weight to cut it as a big time defensive lineman. However, if he can, being a wrestler should really help him with leverage and such.

Comment

• Interesting stuff Josh. I'm convinced he's going to be a big time player.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rutgers picked up another RB today. Casey Turner who had committed to us and then decomitted to go to UNC has recommitted.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Rutgers picked up another RB today. Casey Turner who had committed to us and then decomitted to go to UNC has recommitted.
                            we are kicking ass!
                            we've got a lot of young RB talent: Martinek, Brooks, WIlliams and now Turner. hot damn
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              we are kicking ass!
                              we've got a lot of young RB talent: Martinek, Brooks, WIlliams and now Turner. hot damn
                              Jourdan Brooks is gone. He transferred last month to a smaller school. Look for Williams, Turner, and another Jawan Jamison to take the load this year. I think Martinek might just be a goal line back now. Jamison was another big recruit we got last week.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Jourdan Brooks is gone. He transferred last month to a smaller school. Look for Williams, Turner, and another Jawan Jamison to take the load this year. I think Martinek might just be a goal line back now. Jamison was another big recruit we got last week.
                                I totally missed that, but not surprised. It's a shame, he should've gotten much more carries than he did towards the end of the year. I'm not sure Schiano will turn it over to the freshmen just yet. I see Jersey Joe staying as our steady #1, but taking a lighter load. Our O could be deadly, with Savage and Sanu getting a year under their belts and this talented RB group, 2 pretty good TE's. It just depends who steps up opposite Sanu...and that we don't get obsessed with this wildcat. It's good, but if it gets over 10 plays a game, I won't be all too happy.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information