No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with the WildCat. Savage is too good to run it that often. Also, WR will be fine. We have Harrison who started to come on at the end of the year and others who were waiting in the wings. Throw in Coleman and Deering from this year and we're set. I'm more pumped with the defense and how great our secondary is going to be. I can really see a special team in 2011 when Savage is a junior.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• With the running back situation, everyone needs to remember Schiano's love of experience. While some may think that Martinek is just a goal line back( I do not), Martinek has experience so he will most likely get every opportunity to start and it probably will be his job to lose even if Schiano says its an open competition.

With regards to the future, our offense may very well suffer a bit this year with the loss of the majority of our O-line. Davis, Haslam, and Blaze are gone and the guys that will most likely step in are unknown quantities. Also, Timmy, our one deep threat is gone. I understand Sanu is great, but this year none of the highly touted guys stepped up to be the slot guy and next year we will need a slot and a number 2 across from sanu.

On defense, other than the loss of Mccourty, it should be fine if not better. Our depth on defense is fantastic with Abreu and Beauharunius being able to step in for Dimperio and Munoz. George Johnson's loss won't be such a big deal with Freeney really growing up last year and Silvestro being very solid if not a dynamic pass rusher. Even with the influx of young talent, I am a bit concerned about the secondary, but hopefully we have so many options, some will work out.
      Last edited by josh07039; 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• I like Martinek but I'm not sure if Schiano was happy with him. You're probably right though he will get the majority of the carries.

I think the line will take a step back but I like Forst and Ruch to really step it up this year.

I heard we moved Witherspoon to DE so it's going to be interesting to see if he can get on to the field.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Let's also hope guys like Rowe and Givens step up under pressure for us in the secondary
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            Let's also hope guys like Rowe and Givens step up under pressure for us in the secondary
            Don't forget about Logan Ryan who was one of the big recruits we got last year. The secondary has some serious young talent.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• One player that I am really excited about in this recruiting class is Ken Kirksey, a DT from Florida. From what I have seen and heard about him, he seems like he could end up being a really disruptive force up front. Supposedly at around 285 he has 4.6 speed, so he is a really explosive athlete. If harnessed properly, he could be a beast.

Comment

• Just giving Rutgers some love! Savage and Sanu are two of my fav players in the NCAA!

oh and McCourty <3

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Yay Woot!!! We're glad to have you.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• we've converted woot! yessss <3
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Beauharnis is going to be a big time player also. He didn't get as much pub as Savage and Sanu but he was wrecking people on D.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Also, Corcoran to the Texans and Haslam to the Jaguars. Has Brown signed with anyone yet?
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I will watch Rutgers closely next year! Beauharnis will be the guy I watch closely.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• George Johnson to the Bucs.
                            Scotty's boy Damaso Munoz to the Bears.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• How accurate is this depth chart looking?

Depth Chart

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's pretty accurate but I think RB and CB will be totally different a couple of games into season.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information