No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL wise Greene has the most potential on the team. I really think Kenny Britt is going to be huge this year and will make himself a high pick as well in the future.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      He'll stay and finish out his whole career. I remember reading something that the majority of Schiano recruits signed something saying they'd play out their whole career at Rutgers. Rice isnt the kind of guy i see leaving early either.
      Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Rice also has had a ton of carries in two years. After this a full year of carries this season he may just decide to come out. A lot of coaches think RBs just have a certain amount of carries in their body. They will almost look at it as a negative if Rice carried the load for almost 4 full seasons of college football.
        true, but you this will be his 1st full year of being the focal point on O. His freshman year was nice, but Leonard was the main guy running and recieving out of the backfield. Last year was a transition to Rice who became our guy on O, but Leonard still had a fair amount of carries.(not enough IMO) This year, Corcoran isnt much of a ground threat and Young mainly recieves out of the backfield. Compared to other RB's, Rice hasnt had AS much of a beating to his body. but i understand your point with NFL scouts and worry on his body etc.
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
            Well it's not exactly the carries amount but remember, Rice isn't a burner and he isn't exaclty built like Greg Jones. He looks for contact, which is admirable, but could take a toll on his body sooner rather than later.
            his big pluses in the NFL are his leadership, willing to play, great character, and great break away speed when he hits the corner. he's isnt a powe back, and not a total speed burner, but he just some how finds ways to be an outstanding rusher
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

there are quite a few battles to be won before the season starts. Who's gonna be stephenson's replacement? highly touted frosh Davis, or someone else? can anyone step in and play with the level of intensity that Meekins did along side All american Foster?(i hope its the Hardison from Freehold) can westerman keep putting pressure on QB's? there are a couple guys who could be the other bookend, i personnally like Chenry Lewis. also, who's gonna start at LB? will Abreu(pronounce abroo oddly enough). get a shot there? what do you guys think?

also, who do you guys feel will replace Harris? my money's on Brock, but there are quite a few choices.
              Last edited by scottyboy; 08-11-2007, 04:46 PM.
              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...
                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Tim Brown broke his hand yesterday in a scrimmage. Not cool. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. He's our speedster who stretches the D. this hurts our depth at WR, and means Dennis Campbell is gonna have to step up along side Britt and Underwood.

also, TE and MLB are still open and our biggest holes...
                  That's bad news. Everyone was pretty high on him after the Texas Bowl. I think Renkart is hurt so how long is he going to be out untill?
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think the Brown injury was a rumor as I've never seen anything official. Also, one week untill opening day!!
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

gf1080. it's been all in the star ledger. he should return for maryland. and YESSSSS cant wait till next week. should be a buffalo beatdown!!!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

gf1080. it's been all in the star ledger. he should return for maryland. and YESSSSS cant wait till next week. should be a buffalo beatdown!!!
                        My bad. I never saw anything in print about Brown. 3 more days!!
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Kevin Haslam won the RG spot over Anthony Davis, Damaso Munoz won the MLB spot, and Chris Rudanovic won the TE spot.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Kevin Haslam won the RG spot over Anthony Davis, Damaso Munoz won the MLB spot, and Chris Rudanovic won the TE spot.
                            had a feeling Haslam would win at RG, didnt see Schiano starting a true frosh to open up the season. TE was a toss up all season, thought Brock would win it, but I'm fine with Rudanovic. Munoz won the MLB mainly b/c of injuries. if D'Imperio doesnt break his leg, he's the starter... also either Quaye or Blair(think it was Blair) broke his jaw, and neither Quaye or Blair were impressive at all
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

had a feeling Haslam would win at RG, didnt see Schiano starting a true frosh to open up the season. TE was a toss up all season, thought Brock would win it, but I'm fine with Rudanovic. Munoz won the MLB mainly b/c of injuries. if D'Imperio doesnt break his leg, he's the starter... also either Quaye or Blair(think it was Blair) broke his jaw, and neither Quaye or Blair were impressive at all
                              Yeah D'Imperio by far would have won that MLB spot. I think Schiano said Davis might share time at RG even though Haslam won the spot. He said they were both very impressive. The line play on both sides of the ball is what's going to carry Rutgers this year.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Tim Brown is recovering WAY ahead of schedule. Schiano said there is an outside chance he'll play on thursday, Great to hear he's way ahead of schedule. wouldnt push him for Buffalo, but get him ready vs Navy and gets him in game form, considering he missed about 3 weeks of camp...
                                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information