No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savon Huggins will be in the Under Armour game on ESPN this Wednesday. He's the RB who we need to get. Miles Shuler the kid in the video is playing in the Army All American game on Saturday.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• sounds awesome. I'll be sure to check out Shuler at the very least.

Also, I think it's time we start talking men's hoops in here. Mike Rice is an outstanding coach. Simple as that. We stuck right with Nova for a good portion of that game yesterday, despite being at a clear disadvantage in talent. With new talent coming in, I think we could really be something. I'm excited.

Also, any chance Huggins chooses Wednesday? any word which way he's leaning?
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        sounds awesome. I'll be sure to check out Shuler at the very least.

Also, I think it's time we start talking men's hoops in here. Mike Rice is an outstanding coach. Simple as that. We stuck right with Nova for a good portion of that game yesterday, despite being at a clear disadvantage in talent. With new talent coming in, I think we could really be something. I'm excited.

Also, any chance Huggins chooses Wednesday? any word which way he's leaning?
        I've been watching all the basketball as well. When I went to RU we were a much better basketball team than football at that point so I loved the BBall teams. We were on the bubble a couple of times and upset tons of teams at the RAC. Rice definitely has the program back on the upside. I can't wait to watch the 7 FR next year.

Huggins is deciding on the 28th I believe. I think it's down to ND and Rutgers but everything I've seen so far says he's leaning towards us. Let's hope it happens. He'd be our best recruit ever pretty much.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We hired Frank Cignetti to become our new Offensive Coordinator. He's the OC from Pitt from last year and has also had that position with California and UNC. He also worked with the Saints, 49ers, and Chiefs. He runs a pro style offense(Thank You).
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• so...no more wildcat 17 times a game?
            pictures and words don't express my happiness.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• That's great news. The Wildcat made the offense unwatchable last year.

Anymore news on Savage possibly transferring? I know there was a rumor going around a few weeks ago. I still think he is better than Dodd.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                so...no more wildcat 17 times a game?
                pictures and words don't express my happiness.
                I certainly hope not. Schiano should just hand the keys to the offense over and just focus on the D this year.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Savage is gone. :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6002569

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                    Yup Schiano really f*cked this one up.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well Dodd started over him, right? Can't be too sad if couldn't beat out the guy in front of him.

Comment

• yea, schiano ****** the situation up, but the truth is, Dodd out played him. we need to forget savage and move on with dodd and realize we have a bunch of talent and a nice new OC. savage also seemed to not be able to handle this adversity and competition well.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Dodd blew also. Savage got hurt early in the year and then he never even got a real chance to get his job back. Also, when they did put him back in every other play would be that Wildcat bullsh*t. How is he supposed to play if he's taken out every other play. We had the highest rated QB that was ever here who loved the program. He was instrumental in getting other players here and just loved Rutgers in general.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Also Mike Rice got his first Big East win last night. He's doing some great work with a team that's really not that talented. Biruta had a big game. We're in very good hands.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not Schanio's fault. Savage should have seen this as an opportunity. New OC and new system, and this is your chance to work hard and try to win back your job. Instead, he throws in the towel and transfers to get a fresh start. That tells me a lot about a player. Why not stay and win back your job in a new system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                                Not Schanio's fault. Savage should have seen this as an opportunity. New OC and new system, and this is your chance to work hard and try to win back your job. Instead, he throws in the towel and transfers to get a fresh start. That tells me a lot about a player. Why not stay and win back your job in a new system?
                                After the way they treated him last year I don't blame him. They totally threw him under the bus and after he lost his job his injury he was never ever given a fair shot to win it back. Even when he did get some snaps they took him out most of the time for the WildCat. The OL sucked last year but that offense is still built to be a pro style offense and that's what Savage is built for as well. They have a ton of NFL sized WR's on the team yet they kept throwing that stupid offense onto the field. Schiano is a defensive coach yet he still meddled with the offense. Even in Savage's freshmen year the RU fans here were pleading to stop the Wildcat and let Savage develop into the QB we know he could have been. After all this Savage was not happy and I don't blame him that he wants a fresh start.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information