Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    After the way they treated him last year I don't blame him. They totally threw him under the bus and after he lost his job his injury he was never ever given a fair shot to win it back. Even when he did get some snaps they took him out most of the time for the WildCat. The OL sucked last year but that offense is still built to be a pro style offense and that's what Savage is built for as well. They have a ton of NFL sized WR's on the team yet they kept throwing that stupid offense onto the field. Schiano is a defensive coach yet he still meddled with the offense. Even in Savage's freshmen year the RU fans here were pleading to stop the Wildcat and let Savage develop into the QB we know he could have been. After all this Savage was not happy and I don't blame him that he wants a fresh start.
    That's why I can't stand college football. There is no parity due to recruiting and bigger named schools getting most of the big named talent. After couple of those drafts that sent BL, Rice, Britt, and others to the NFL. This RU program is on empty. They need to rebuild and restock, and right now the offensive line needs to get better. That's a huge problem, and that's why you saw the Wild cat to deal with it.

Plus Dodd out played Savage and he has no where near the physical ability as Savage does. Savage had a shot to do some things, but then got hurt, and didn't win it back.

There is always adversity in football. Look at Rodgers sitting behind Brett F. Or Kolb behind Vick. There is a way of handling it and trying to fight back, and there is throwing the towel in. This is the best chance for Savage to try to win back his job in a new system implemented by a new OC. I don't agree with it.

Comment

• that's why I think Savage is acting like a bit of a baby. deal with the adversity, battle with Dodd, and try to win that spot back. We have a good deal of offensive talent with guys like Sanu, Harrison, Wright, Thomas, Deering, Jefferson. Stay, get back to where you were as a freshman with this new OC and get it on track. Instead, he ran. Didn't deal with the competition, just left. Oh well, we'll have to see what the scrappy kid Dodd can do
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
        That's why I can't stand college football. There is no parity due to recruiting and bigger named schools getting most of the big named talent. After couple of those drafts that sent BL, Rice, Britt, and others to the NFL. This RU program is on empty. They need to rebuild and restock, and right now the offensive line needs to get better. That's a huge problem, and that's why you saw the Wild cat to deal with it.

Plus Dodd out played Savage and he has no where near the physical ability as Savage does. Savage had a shot to do some things, but then got hurt, and didn't win it back.

There is always adversity in football. Look at Rodgers sitting behind Brett F. Or Kolb behind Vick. There is a way of handling it and trying to fight back, and there is throwing the towel in. This is the best chance for Savage to try to win back his job in a new system implemented by a new OC. I don't agree with it.
        The problem with Rutgers right now is Schiano can get some big players but we still don't have the depth of major football programs. Once those guuys leave to the NFL or graduate or whatever we usually don't have anyone that can step in right away and play at a semi-comparable level. Schiano is getting another good class so far this year but the depth issue is going to be a problem again at certain spots in the Fall.

I obviously didn't see Dodd and Savage at practice but Dodd was nothing special at all on the field besides the Uconn game. If you look at Savage's FR year and compare it to Dodd's FR year Savage was much more impressive.

You say the OL sucked and that's why we ran the WildKnight but that's also not true. When we still had Davis and a very good OL they started to implement that system. You have Sanu who is a major threat at WR and you put him the WildKnight and he gets hit so many times early in the year he was rendered useless. I'm glad Cignetti is here now and we can go back to a pro style offense and hopefully Schiano stays away and just focuses on the D once again. I wished Savage stayed because I still think he's a major talent but I don't blame him for leaving.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who is Nova? Is he supposed to be a good QB prospect?

Comment

Who is Nova? Is he supposed to be a good QB prospect?
            3* QB prospect from Don Bosco and 11th ranked pro style QB. He was committed to Pitt but with all the coaching changes there he re-opened his recruitment. Schiano doesn't have a good relationship with Don Bosco but one of the coached we poached from Pitt does, Jeff Hafley. Once we made that move it looked like Nova was going to come here and he has. This is going to end up as Rutgers best recruiting class ever most likely which is crazy considering the year we had.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So maybe Nova can develop and be a great player for us. We have Nova, Belemonte, and Dodd. Jefferson will develop as a TE, and Sanu is coming back and will be a beast.

Comment

So maybe Nova can develop and be a great player for us. We have Nova, Belemonte, and Dodd. Jefferson will develop as a TE, and Sanu is coming back and will be a beast.
                The offensive skill positions are there especially at WR. WR is incredibly deep with Sanu, Harrison, Deering, Coleman, Wright, and Stroud. I could even name some more guys but they may have to move off the position. The O-Line should improve with more experience plus we have some JUCO's coming in that should help. If Dodd can step his game up we can be back to at least a .500 team next year with possibly more. There has been no continuity at QB since Teel left though so that's been one of the problems. If Savon Huggins comes to Rutgers as well we have ourselves the best player RU has ever recruited.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Teel was so underrated. I remember he used to frustrate me to know end. If we had a better QB we could have done damage. Now that he is gone, I appreciate him. Same with the OL and running game. But I knew Rice was a beast and proved it on the national stage for everyone to see.

Comment

Teel was so underrated. I remember he used to frustrate me to know end. If we had a better QB we could have done damage. Now that he is gone, I appreciate him. Same with the OL and running game. But I knew Rice was a beast and proved it on the national stage for everyone to see.
                    Yeah that's how I feel about Teel as well. Just watching the games our offense could have been even better and it was already one of the best in the country. We're the only team ever to have a 3,000 yard passer, 2 1,000 yard WR's, and a 2,000 yard rusher. Teel threw a ton of high balls though and he wasn't very accurate during stretches of some games. If you look at the talent on those teams on both sides of the ball it's littered with NFL players all over. We should have been better I guess.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I found this interesting:

For the past three years I have been granted unfettered access to the Michigan football program, from the meeting room to the locker room, to write a book about what I've seen. I thought I knew college football, and particularly Michigan football, as well as anyone. But after three years of seeing everything up close, I can tell you this unequivocally: I had no idea.
                      • If the tenure of Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez, who was fired Wednesday, looked chaotic to outsiders, it appeared positively crazy from the inside.
                      In this story, Bacon talks about how Michigan had offered the coaching job to Greg Schiano, but he turned it down, so they turned to Rodriguez. A source I have once told me that Schiano regretted that decision right after he made it and frantically tried to get back in on the Wolverines job, but it was too late. Rodriguez had jumped at it. I'm curious about whether things would have been different in the Big East and the Big Ten if he had taken it instead of Rodriguez.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• i really wish i didn't read that...
                        also, we got nova

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...a_commits.html
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Sorry Scotty not even Schiano is perfect. I mentioned that we got Nova earlier. Probably another reason why Savage left. Nova should compete with Dodd from Day 1 and he'd our new pro style offense much better. Last Bosco QB we had worked out pretty well also I'd say.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• oh, i didn't see you said it was official...WELL I HAD A LINK!
                            and yea, i learned greg has some flaws with the way he butchered the O last year. I still have really big hopes for this team though. Young, some good new coaches, let's see what happens.

on a side note, in my NCAA dynasty, savage got hurt fpr season and Shimko came in and broke the record for QB rating...interesting. thought i'd share haha.
                            it's probably because I only let him throw like slants and easy throws and he only threw like 1 or 2 picks
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              oh, i didn't see you said it was official...WELL I HAD A LINK!
                              and yea, i learned greg has some flaws with the way he butchered the O last year. I still have really big hopes for this team though. Young, some good new coaches, let's see what happens.

on a side note, in my NCAA dynasty, savage got hurt fpr season and Shimko came in and broke the record for QB rating...interesting. thought i'd share haha.
                              it's probably because I only let him throw like slants and easy throws and he only threw like 1 or 2 picks
                              Haha well you managed the O better than Schiano.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Haha well you managed the O better than Schiano.
                                i mean martinek also was 2nd in the nation in running and went pro haha. it's so easy to run in that game. but yes, quick slants, bombs to sanu and harrison. it worked quite well.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information