Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rutgers Scarlet Knights Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

    Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.
    Not to make this a Giants thing but that would be absolutely great if we did that.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Ray Rice is a stud. People complain about his inability to make people miss, and his top speed, but I don't see it. I think he's a very good natural runner, he can make you miss, he can finish with power, he has good burst and speed, he has a good frame, he seems like a perfect compliment to Jacobs :)

      Id give him strong consideration for the Giants in Round 2 if he's on the board.
      who cares if he doesnt have "ideal measureables" he can flat out run. Some of his stiff arms were as if he put no effort into them, but the defender went flying. Him and Jacobs together is a wet dream. imagine Greene in the 1st, Rice in the 2nd, Zuttah in the 3rd, Sosa in the 4th, and Foster in the 5th!!!! simply amazing!!! :D plus they actually fill needs.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

      Comment


      • #63
        I love Ray Rice -- reminds me Maurice Jones Drew. A bowling ball type runner.

        Ray for the Heisman.

        Comment


        • #64
          I love Rice as well, too bad the Colts have that Addai guy and no first round pick to draft a DT.

          I really like 'Quan as a possible slot WR in the NFL. He's got what you look for in his speed and his hands seem to have greatly improved judging by that one catch. I remember him taking direct snaps at QB two seasons back and that one pass he threw against Syracuse or Louisville I believe. It was very pathetic. He has certainly come a long way.

          The one thing that's funny to me is how weak the WR play was last year. Outside of Clark Harris there wasn't really a consistent WR/TE on the squad. However, now there's:

          TiQuan Underwood
          Kenny Britt
          Tim Brown
          Kordell Young (out of backfield)

          I know it was only Buffalo, but still good to see a win regardless. Momentum, Morale and a winning team is all you need sometimes!
          Is that a rash?



          Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

          Comment


          • #65
            How did my boy Jamal Westerman do???? Played HS agianst him and summer ball with him. Hes a solid DE, and his bro is there too a WR. How did he do last night.

            Comment


            • #66
              should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                should we be worried about Ito... i thought he would be clutch this year...
                He really shouldn't have been kicking that 57 yarder. The 40 yard he should have hit but I'm not worried. In fact Ito for whatever reason usually stinks the first game or 2 every year but gets his act together after that. He'll be fine. On the 57 yarder he had plenty of leg on it but it was just wide right.
                Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 09-01-2007, 06:58 PM.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #68
                  Hah, well you know how I felt about drafting Leonard last year in the 2nd Round, but now that we have some defensive needs filled up, I'd actually be ecstatic if we had a chance to get Ray Rice in the 2nd Round. Fans would like it, and I think it he would be a perfect compliment to Jacobs.

                  Of course, if he keeps playing like that then I doubt we'd have a chance at him in the 2nd Round, lol.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Game against Navy tonight. Any thoughts? I'm glad we're going to see Tim Brown back in action. Also, I'm not sure but Sosa may not start so Haslem would get the nod at LT while Davis would be in at RG.
                      This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        This game should be a cake walk. Rutgers destroyed them at Navy last year and I don't think Navy is any improved this year. Sometimes that option offense can catch teams off guard but after playing them all the time, Schiano knows there stuff.
                        Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Yeah I'm not expecting a close game. I'd like to see the offense throw up 40+ tonight though.
                          If Brown is back they very well could. I'm not totally familiar with their D backs but I'm guessing since it is a service academy they don't have anyone even remotely close to having as much speed as him.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

                            i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              it shouldn't be a close game at all really. no need to rush back Sosa against Navy, or Norfolk state for that matter. I'm fine with Haslem at LT and Davis at RG...

                              i'm feeling a Tim Brown return TD tonight(if he's full health)
                              Davis was a beast against Buffalo throwing guys around. I'm suprised he didn't win the spot out of camp. Great depth on the line though.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                i was just about to post how we're not looking too good. but than Ron Girault makes me happy again with an INT in the end zone!!!

                                couple drops, one by brown and underwood. whole team is sloppy with penalties on O, D, and special teams. I expect us to turn it around with that. 17-7, just got the ball on the 20 thanks to my boy Ron, time to try and pull away
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information