No announcement yet.

PS Game 2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBD, i agree Pierce is getting beat pretty badly by TE's. Granted last night was Heap, a top 10 TE, but the panthers TE is who? Magnum? ehh.

we need to use a scheme where Mitchell covers the TE. we have good TE's in our division(Witten, Smith, and sometimes Cooley). we cant let those guys go wild on us...
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

-Eli looked sharp against a great defense that was playing as if that were the opening week of the season. The Ravens D was out for some head last night and with our line being a little sketchy, Eli stood in the face of pressure and performed well. Could have hit some targets in the numbers a little biut more but if he plays like that all season, he'll be a pro-bowler. No real complaints about him.

-Ugh I am praayyying BJ stays healthy. He is an absolute monster and some fans around the league are starting to have their jaws drop. He made #52 his b*itch.

-Not overly concerned about the line. By no means are they a top tier unit, but they won't be any worse than what we have had over the past 2 years. They should improve as the year goes on naturally and their sub par performance last night was more to do with a lack of pre game planning that goes into a preseason game. They simply were not ready for blitz packages that Ryan threw at them. The concern I have is the depth along the line, especially if Ruegamer is out for awhile with that ankle sprain. I like Piller, annd that's about it. Dunn, Koets, Whimper, Londot, Lentz...all got chewed up and I can't see them being reliable if called upon.

-Really like how our young DBs played, Ross and Underwood in particular. Ross is adimittedly insecure playing the nickel spot, but they threw him there after awhile on the outside and he held his own. If he does not start for us, I think he will come in on nickel packages but we'll throw McQuarters in the inside where he is better suited should Madison be out early on. Like Madden said, Ross should be a starter for this defense. He'll hit some bumps in the road, but I still love the kid's potential.

-I wouldn't be concerned about Pierce BBD....I think he is playing it safe to avoid injury honestly. He just isn't playing the the tenacity he usually does. Mitchell and Kiwanuka could help this D out mightily if they blitz like they did last night. Very quick, explosive.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I hope so 10, because right here right now I haven't been impressed with him. I think our shoddy DT play has alot to do with it as well, but still.

Anyone think Tank Johnson can be a legit possibility on our team this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I hope so 10, because right here right now I haven't been impressed with him. I think our shoddy DT play has alot to do with it as well, but still.

Anyone think Tank Johnson can be a legit possibility on our team this year?
          No. Waste IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
            No. Waste IMO.
            Well to be fair to him, he does fit our new system better than any current DT, so maybe he can work. Maybe offer like a one year tender to him, and dump him at the end of the year.

Thats only if our DT situation starts getting real bad. Its not there now, Im just throwing it out there as a possibility in case it does.

Comment

BBD he's got A LOT of talent and he's young(25 or 26). he was never found guilty of any charges. its a reach but a possibility
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                BBD he's got A LOT of talent and he's young(25 or 26). he was never found guilty of any charges. its a reach but a possibility
                Its more of a last resort thing to me. I wouldn't consider it unless it was an absolute necessity. Let's hope it doesn't turn out that way.

He has talent, and I think he fits this system better than Coffield or Robbins does, but we have enough problems on the Giants. His talent is a little exaggerated though, he's not like dominant or anything. Just solid.

Again, Id only consider it as a last resort kind of thing.

Trading for Schaffer however....Im still lobbying for that to happen. I think we'd be better off doing that.

In a related note...damn, Gaither was taken in the 5th. In the 5th....He got help against Osi, but still, for the most part I was impressed with him doing well enough to play with the starters as a rookie, and taking on Osi Umenyiora in his first start. He might be the real deal after a year of development. Damn you Ozzie.

Comment

i agree with Gaither. think we should've gotten him. But Diehl hasnt looked too bad really so far. Last night he did OK against Suggs, a top defender in the league. granted he'll have to face Ware, but i think with more time, he'll excell here. On the other hand, I'm worried about Richy 69. he hasnt looked impressive at all...
                  We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

There was a reason why I wanted Gaither in the 3rd round....let alone 5th.

I have watched both of their preseason games and he impressed me in both. Him at LT and Diehl at LG with Seubert in last year's role would give me much more confidence in the starting gropu and in the depth.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      There was a reason why I wanted Gaither in the 3rd round....let alone 5th.

I have watched both of their preseason games and he impressed me in both. Him at LT and Diehl at LG with Seubert in last year's role would give me much more confidence in the starting gropu and in the depth.
                      Yeah, nothin we can do about it now. I guess its Jake Long ftw.

Too bad we'd need a top 5 pick for that, and I don't want to be in that position =/. But right now on my big board, I have LT as the most glaring need.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Trading for Schaffer however....Im still lobbying for that to happen. I think we'd be better off doing that.
                        And who do you trade for Schaffler?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eli View Post
                          And who do you trade for Schaffler?
                          There was talks after the draft that the Giants offered I believe a 5th or 4th for him, and the Browns wanted a 3rd so it never went through.

Id be willing to offer a 4th for him. Because even though a 4th is still a valuable pick, having him gives us much needed depth. Right now, we're very thin at OG.

If Seaburt goes down, and thats a legit possibility with his injured past, we have no one to really take his place. Now if we get Schaffer, we can move Diehl back to OG, and if Diehl goes down, we have Seaburt to replace him, or if Schaffer goes down, we have Diehl to replace him. So that gives us much needed depth.

A 3rd is pushing it though, I don't think I would offer a 3rd for him. Still upset we didn't give Gaither a try for a 5th. But oh well, the past is the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information