No announcement yet.

What Linebacker should we go after?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard in today's combine coverage New York is thinking of moving Kiwanuka to SLB, standing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I heard in today's combine coverage New York is thinking of moving Kiwanuka to SLB, standing up.
      Yea, its been discussed since the cuts came. I for one hate the move, but it looks like he could be starting there come game time

Comment

Kamichael Hall in Round 3 or 4...he's very underrated IMO. Grab a CB and an OT in the 1st 2 rounds

Paul

New York Giants
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks (unfortunately)
        UConn Basketball
        Virginia Tech Football
        UConn Football

Comment

Here are a couple of guys that impressed today at the combine.

Antwan Barnes 4.43 forty yard dash 31 reps 6' 240
          Quincy Black 4.42 forty yard dash 24 reps 6'2" 240

Both have moved themselves into round 2.
          My rankings OLB and ILB mixed.

1. Patrick Willis
          2. Lawrence Timmons
          3. Paul Poz
          4. Quincy Black
          5. Antwan Barnes
          6. Tim Shaw
          7. Jon Beason
          8. David Harris
          8. Nate Harris

Comment

I think you are blowing 40's out of proportion. Sure Black and Barnes helped themselves out. But neither are top 5 LBers in this draft. They helped themselves out from maybe 6th or 7th round to now maybe later 3rd and most likely 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              I think you are blowing 40's out of proportion. Sure Black and Barnes helped themselves out. But neither are top 5 LBers in this draft. They helped themselves out from maybe 6th or 7th round to now maybe later 3rd and most likely 4th.
              Those are insane speeds for LBers. Thomas Howard last year ran a very fast 40 yard dash and he went in round two i believe. Howard was even lighter than both of them. Both of these guys are 240 pounds, if we don't get Timmons in round one, i'd look at one of them in round two. By the way, Earl Everett posted a high 4.8 40 yard dash. That'll drop him a couple of rounds.

Comment

Adalius Thomas!!!!

Looks like the Giants are going after him hard and want to draft a round 1 DB.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  Adalius Thomas!!!!

Interesting. Link?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                    Those are insane speeds for LBers. Thomas Howard last year ran a very fast 40 yard dash and he went in round two i believe. Howard was even lighter than both of them. Both of these guys are 240 pounds, if we don't get Timmons in round one, i'd look at one of them in round two. By the way, Earl Everett posted a high 4.8 40 yard dash. That'll drop him a couple of rounds.
                    If thats the case, pick him up in the 4th. Everett is a baller and definitely will be a solid starter in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      Adalius Thomas!!!!

I think the 49ers will get him. They have tons of cap room and are looking to upgrade their defense. Thomas would be a perfect 3-4 OLB in that defense. I doubt we would be able to get into a bidding war with them. I think they have something like 32 million in cap room. I honestly don't want him. He's 30 years old. If Reese gets him, he will look like a hypocrit.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                        The difference was that Howard was considered a 2nd round pick before he ran a fast time that most expected him to run anyway. Neither of these guys were ever considered first day picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          The difference was that Howard was considered a 2nd round pick before he ran a fast time that most expected him to run anyway. Neither of these guys were ever considered first day picks.
                          Maybe so. I'd be pumped to get either one in round three. And add Justin Durant out of Hampton to that list. He put up great numbers and would be a great WLB. Durant was considered a mid rounder before his workouts, he may move up.

Comment

Everette in 3rd or 4th, Beason, Poz, Timmons in 1st, Alexander in 2nd

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher28 View Post
                              Everette in 3rd or 4th, Beason, Poz, Timmons in 1st, Alexander in 2nd
                              i think if we could get timmons 1st and everett in the 4th round that would b fantastic and we would have a lot of youth and good depth @ the LB position

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

what OLB is the best at coverage because we get killed every time that our linebackers have to cover, we need a guy who can do it all, I think Beason and Poz so we could also trade down and get another pick, Timmons maybe, he was like 2 inches shorter than expected and he might've been a one hit wonder, I'd still like him
                                look at this till the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kEWf4-mvM
                                Beason recks that guy

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information