Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shockey

    Were has he been?!?!?!? I know he is hurt by why isn't he on the sidelines cherring on the team? He better be at the SB, or else! +rep for REAL answers

    SPLOOSH

  • #2
    I was very upset about him not being there, but i heard on espn radio that injured players don't travel with the giants and the only reason sam madison did was because he was asked to tutor the younger dbacks. I can somewhat understand the fact its tough standing on crutches for 4 hours, but this is the superbowl so get your butt a walker or a wheelchair and you show up to cheer your team.

    So basically I hope he comes back from rehabbing at home and joins the team in 'zona to cheer them on.
    Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM.

    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

    Comment


    • #3
      If you are placed on IR you are not allowed to travel with the team and I'm not even sure if you are allowed to be on the sideline. That is why being put on IR as a rookie is detrimental to their development.


      Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        If you are placed on IR you are not allowed to travel with the team and I'm not even sure if you are allowed to be on the sideline. That is why being put on IR as a rookie is detrimental to their development.
        True, but isn't it allowed if he pays his own way that they can let him come on the sideline?

        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

        Comment


        • #5
          He'll be at the Super Bowl. His mom wants to go.

          Also, Shockey's been behind the scenes alot. He's been texting/calling our 3 young TE's on the roster giving them advice and congratulating them. He's a huge unsung hero in Boss' development. Him and our god of a TE coach Pope
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe it was Pierce who came out this week and said that amidst this run, Shockey has been the teams biggest cheerleader. He has also supposedly been helping Boss a lot. Overall I think the criticism he has been getting the last few weeks has been completely overblown. This team was what 9-5 with him? While Boss has filled in quite admirably, has he even had a game with more then 50 or 60 yards receiving yet? Shockey is also unquestionably a better blocker. For arguments sake, if Eli gotten hurt in week 16 our perception of his season would be quite different then it is now. Shockey deserves the benefit of the doubt.

            I for one am looking forward to our 2 TE package next year because not only will we be able to play smash mouth football but we are going to have 4 legitimate receiving threats who would be tough to stop even without the 8th man in the box.

            Comment


            • #7
              also apparently from a source inside the giants, shockeys injury is a lot more serious that originally expected

              i personally think that if we owe shockey a big bonus or something next year i would want to trade him, trent dilfer said that eli is probably playing better because shockey is not out there draining energy rather than producing it...thoughts?

              sig by jkpigskin

              2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                also apparently from a source inside the giants, shockeys injury is a lot more serious that originally expected

                i personally think that if we owe shockey a big bonus or something next year i would want to trade him, trent dilfer said that eli is probably playing better because shockey is not out there draining energy rather than producing it...thoughts?
                I dunno if I believe Dilfer. He also said 13 of Eli's 20 INTs weren't his fault. I know Eli definitely had some that weren't his fault, but every QB has those. 13 seems like a lot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hell, i think the Jets will gladly take him, although Chris Baker had a good year.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                    also apparently from a source inside the giants, shockeys injury is a lot more serious that originally expected

                    i personally think that if we owe shockey a big bonus or something next year i would want to trade him, trent dilfer said that eli is probably playing better because shockey is not out there draining energy rather than producing it...thoughts?
                    I doubt we could get more then a 2nd/3rd for him just because of the injury. At that price I think it is worth keeping him. I don't know what the complication is you are speaking of, but generally broken bones (when they aren't compound fractures) are easy to come back from.

                    I think the 2 problems with Shockey pretty much since Coughlin got here were that because of his ego he was always very demonstrative on the field and that showed up Eli, and compared to Fassels offense he has been frequently misused. I think the last this run we are on should go a good ways to correcting both of those problems. Not only should Eli have the confidence to not seem like a punching bag in the future but also Shockey has to be a little humbled at the fact that the offense can go on without him. Also our playcalling and simplified scheme should help him succeed more as well. He is a still big upgrade over Boss.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                      also apparently from a source inside the giants, shockeys injury is a lot more serious that originally expected

                      i personally think that if we owe shockey a big bonus or something next year i would want to trade him, trent dilfer said that eli is probably playing better because shockey is not out there draining energy rather than producing it...thoughts?
                      NO WAY. trading Shockey is just absurd. He's an emotional leader and one of the best blocking TE's in the game. Don't you guys think that Eli's numbers are better because of some better playcalling? hmm. Our playcalling is obviously different and better with more shorter routes, less bombs and less options.

                      Shockey's been tutoring these guys and is a fan favorite. And Trent Dilfer is stupid, and lame, and old. The playcalling has been helping Eli, not losing a top 5 TE.
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I dunno if I believe Dilfer. He also said 13 of Eli's 20 INTs weren't his fault. I know Eli definitely had some that weren't his fault, but every QB has those. 13 seems like a lot.
                        13 is too high- i would safely say about 7

                        sig by jkpigskin

                        2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                        2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If shockey was for sale alot of teams would come calling, he's still an incredible talent and he makes the offense better however you look at it...next year eli is really going to have some weapons, especially if sinorice moss steps up as the 4th wr and makes some plays out of the slot





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Honestly after that brutal leg injury, he may not be 100% by the start of next season. I think his ankle also broke with his leg on that play. I doubt it's as bad as Seubert's was in 04, but he missed almost two seasons because of the broken leg.

                            At this point, trading Shockey is completely out of the question. He's a team leader, and the idea that Eli is playing better because Shockey isn't demanding the ball is definitely overblown. Kevin Boss has proved that he could play, but not at a pro-bowl level, which Shockey brings.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NDfootball View Post
                              Honestly after that brutal leg injury, he may not be 100% by the start of next season. I think his ankle also broke with his leg on that play. I doubt it's as bad as Seubert's was in 04, but he missed almost two seasons because of the broken leg.

                              At this point, trading Shockey is completely out of the question. He's a team leader, and the idea that Eli is playing better because Shockey isn't demanding the ball is definitely overblown. Kevin Boss has proved that he could play, but not at a pro-bowl level, which Shockey brings.
                              His injury wasn't that bad. There was an article today and he said everything was coming along on schedule and he has had no problems. He broke his fibula, and I am almost positive there was no compound or ligament damage.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information