Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Am I the only Giants fan who likes Eric Weddle?
    no, I've wanted him since December
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Am I the only Giants fan who likes Eric Weddle?
      i like weddle a lot- but i do not want to draft him because safety is not a need and should not be addressed in this draft

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I too like Weddle, but I think Damix made a good point with Brandon Meriwether because if both Gibril and Will do pan out at safety, which I think is a legitmate possibility, then we may end up having zero need for safety.

With Brandon he could become a legitimate cornerback, and cover the slot for us at the very least.

I don't think Weddle would be able to hold down the cornerback posistion as well as Brandon could.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• weddle is a CB/S 'tweener. he'd be a much better CB than brandon
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
            weddle is a CB/S 'tweener. he'd be a much better CB than brandon

I seriously doubt that, he relies on instincts and just does not have the tangibles to play corner in the pros, hes a FS true and true in my eyes.

Comment

• The USA draft preview (just printed this week, very up to date) has most of the writers predicting we will take Joe Staley.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                The USA draft preview (just printed this week, very up to date) has most of the writers predicting we will take Joe Staley.
                ugh no. thats what mel kiper thinks also. i will be very angry if we take staley especially over players like beason, revis, timmons, brown, branch, etc

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Mock that should make everyone happy

Round 1- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
                  Round 2- Eric Wright CB UNLV
                  Round 3- Josh Beekman OG Boston College
                  Round 4- Zak DeOssie LB Brown
                  Round 5- Michael Johnson S Arizona
                  Round 6- Joe Newton TE Oregon State
                  Round7a- Garret Wolfe RB Northern Illinois
                  Round7b- Jeremy Clark DT Alabama

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men88 View Post
                    its ok at best i like the 1st round pick but i would rather choose a LB. 2nd round is good and so is round 3. after that its average and nothing is really stimulating

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• im sorry, but that did not make me happy.
                      We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        im sorry, but that did not make me happy.
                        Made me sad.:(

Comment

• Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          Made me sad.:(
                          well, i almost was sad, then i realized, that isnt our real draft and most likely wont happen. we all know that my sig draft is the most realistic and probable
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men88 View Post

Use this thread for Mock drafts.

Comment

• I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.
                                I'd be OK with the pick. He has the athleticism of a TE and the body of a LT. Anyone who is 6'6" 305 is as quick and fast as Staley is is alright with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information