Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    The draft is not about what is going to happen 10 years from now. It is more about the 3-4-5 year plan and Ross will still be young then. Him being 25 is not a big deal at all. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
    I'd have to agree with his age.. In terms of investing in a player that's 25, doesnt make sense from a business point of view in scope with the NFL. It will take him a year or two to get used to this league, and by than he would be 27 years old. Age is very important in my opinion. I look at each player as a business investment, and I'd rather go with someone younger, with alot more potential to be in the NFL, than someone whose already 25. But that's more of a personal preference i guess. I'd rather go someone whose 21 or so that's on the board than someone who'se 25 if they are close to each other in terms of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      I'd have to agree with his age.. In terms of investing in a player that's 25, doesnt make sense from a business point of view in scope with the NFL. It will take him a year or two to get used to this league, and by than he would be 27 years old. Age is very important in my opinion. I look at each player as a business investment, and I'd rather go with someone younger, with alot more potential to be in the NFL, than someone whose already 25. But that's more of a personal preference i guess. I'd rather go someone whose 21 or so that's on the board than someone who'se 25 if they are close to each other in terms of talent.
      If you want to really dive into the business side while looking down on his age, consider this.

Look around the league and notice that CBs don't really decline in their play until they are usually 32-33-34 years old. It is arguably the most instinctive position, if not second to safety. Ross will "learn the ropes" by age 27 in your world and still have 6-7 years of quality football. That is what you expect from a player when you draft him, GMs say it all the time. You cannot count on 10 year careers and know how old Eli was when he was brought into this league.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

1. Paul Posluzny
        2. Chris Houston
        3. Aundrae Allison

Comment

I Edited mine. It's very lengthy.

Comment

Ricky-

We aren't getting 4 picks for the #20 pick.

And what do you mean when you say you'll trust Spags on this one? Did he ever lobby for Hood?
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ricky-

We aren't getting 4 picks for the #20 pick.

And what do you mean when you say you'll trust Spags on this one? Did he ever lobby for Hood?
              Late 3rd, late 4th, late 5th for moving down 8 spots in the first seems fair. The value chart agrees with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                Late 3rd, late 4th, late 5th for moving down 8 spots in the first seems fair. The value chart agrees with me.
                Yes the value chart may agree, but teams don't give away half their draft to move up to the 20th pick. Doesn't make sense.

And even if someone did agree to that, why would you want all those later picks in a weak draft?
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Yes the value chart may agree, but teams don't give away half their draft to move up to the 20th pick. Doesn't make sense.

And even if someone did agree to that, why would you want all those later picks in a weak draft?
                  Well look through my picks. There are some diamonds in the rough out there. We need depth, youth, and speed according to Reese. My draft addresses all of those areas. Look through my draft, what picks don't you like?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                    We moved down practically the exact same amount last year and didn't get nearly that much, teams don't live and die by the trade value chart.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Picks I don't like-

Mebane-There are too many later round DTs I like that I feel are just as good as Mebane, why waste a 2nd on him? Again, if we don't take Okoye or Branch I don't want DT on day one.

Chandler-You fall in love with measurables way too much. Him being 6'7 does not mean that much, he is not like Plax in the sense where he knows how to use his height advantage. Also, we need a blocking TE more than a receiving threat.

Henry-Be honest here, has he not run a good 40 time would you even know who he is? I watched a lot of Arizona football and he is mediocre at best. Not much of an upgrade it at all over Ward.

Dahl-Why bring in another SS?
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

i want antwan barnes in the 4th.

Comment

Picks I don't like-

Mebane-There are too many later round DTs I like that I feel are just as good as Mebane, why waste a 2nd on him? Again, if we don't take Okoye or Branch I don't want DT on day one.

Chandler-You fall in love with measurables way too much. Him being 6'7 does not mean that much, he is not like Plax in the sense where he knows how to use his height advantage. Also, we need a blocking TE more than a receiving threat.

Henry-Be honest here, has he not run a good 40 time would you even know who he is? I watched a lot of Arizona football and he is mediocre at best. Not much of an upgrade it at all over Ward.

Dahl-Why bring in another SS?
                          Mebane is a very underrated player and he will go in round two. I don't think there is that large of a drop off between the Okoye, Branch and Mebane. He's not worth a first round pick at this point, but is definately a second rounder in my opinion. He has had a great college career and like Okoye, he can penetrate very well. He can work out at both UT and NT.

I'll admit I do fall in love with measurables too much. Chandler not using his size to his advantage is bogus. He uses his size very well. I'm sure he can implement his size and learn to block as well.

I know Henry hasn't done much in Arizona, but what did he have to work with? Arizona is a Basketball school for the most part. He does have to learn to be more patient, and work on his technique. If he does, he can be something special. I think drafting on potential is worth it after the first couple of rounds.

Dahl is very athletic and If you notice, I have Gibril and Demps switching positions. Dahl can develop into a solid player and can make an impact on specail teams right away due to his athleticism. Demps isn't exactly that young anymore and I think Dahl can eventually develop into a starter after Demps is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by grizmoandchodey View Post
                            1. Paul Posluzny
                            2. Chris Houston
                            3. Aundrae Allison
                            dream on- i mean i would love to see this happen because houston and poz would b a great draft but houston is a top 20-25 pick so there is no way we can get both

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

oh yeah surely. tell me who is gunna draft chris houston from top 25. I mean he did have one of the best combine workouts, well probably the best, but he is way undersized at the corner, and won't be a shut down corner in the NFL. And although speed is the name of the game, and he ran a 4.32, how high can he get up there. He will be worked on in the NFL, and taken advantage of by veteran quarterbacks. I think he will actually drop to the second round and will be a valuable pick there that the Giants can get him. Not saying he's horrible but not worthy of a first round selection. Thhe Giants however do need that speedy corner in the secondary because they get burned on deep routes every season.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                                How about this:

assuming we hold onto our RFAs, Grey ruegemer, and Feely

Sign:

Cato June- sign him to a 3 year deal for a decent amount of $$$

Dominic Rhodes- 2 year deal to backup Brandon Jacobs

Travis Fisher- a solid starting CB who isnt that old. Sign him to a 3 year deal.

Cato June (OLB)-would be a good pickup. He is a speedy LBer and still a young player. He obviously lacks size, but he brings the speed that we lack.

Dominic Rhodes (RB) is a nice pickup to backup Jacobs and split carries with. good pass catcher out of the backfield

Travis Fisher (CB) is a guy who should give us some help in the secondary and be a capable starter. Madison and Fisher is all rite and hopefully Underwood or Dockery shows something

Overall I think that it would help our Defense out tremendously and give us more options in the draft. June is a nice player and a fairly good fit. Fisher helps our secondary, and Rhodes is exactly what we should be looking add to compliment Jacobs.

Draft:

Round 1- Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr./Dwayne Jarrett- I am a fan of all 3 of these guys. Chances are 1 of them is gone. But all 3 are going to be excellent players. Jarrett has great size, nice hands, great jumping ability, is physical, can block, and comes through in the clutch. Ginn has phenomenol speed and loads of potential, as well as an excellent return man. Meachem is the most well rounded of the 3 and is going to be an excellent player. anyone of them would be an excellent reciever for our team for years to come.

Round 2- Eric Weddle- a great safety who is gonna do great things in this league. since we got a CB, now we need a safety and Weddle would be great. Not gonna go in depth cause I am sure you guys know all about him.

Round 3- Stewart Bradley- Even though we signed June, we still have one major question mark in our LB core. While I think that Wilkinson or Blackburn will be able to play, I would still take Bradley in the 3rd. he has great intangibles and plays smart. he would be able to contribute on special teams and in a backup role. In a couple years, he should be able to become a nice starter.

Round 4- Manny Ramirez- strong player. Not gonna repeat this one. Can bench 550 though.

Round 5 Jonathan Wade- the guy has great potential. He had a nice senior year as well. He is very fast if nothing else and considering the division we play in, that will help.

Round 6- BPA RB/Yamon Figurs. Dont really know who would be available. Look for a RB to replace Ward, and a DT.

Round 7- BPA

I'm all for Travis fisher and Rhodes truthfully, but not for June- hes not worth handing out money and i would much rather draft a LB 1st round

1st round- im really against drafting a WR 1st need- its not an immediate need and we have many other needs. Even though u hav us signing fisher, CB could still b addressed, LB can b addressed in timmons- defense defense
                                2nd round- eric weddle is ok i think only if we lose wilson to RFA- then well have an xtra 2nd round pick and Weddle, Merriweather if he falls or even Nelson 1st round would b nice but not if we dont lose wilson
                                3rd round - Good pick
                                4th round- i do not think manny drops to the bottom of the 4th round- i would b very surprised especially after a great combine
                                5th round- i dont think wade drops that far either
                                6th round - great pick

i mean 1 of the major problems in ur mock is that the 1st 2 round picks would not start right away for us and we need players to come in right now and make an impact

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information