No announcement yet.

Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update my mock draft. Check it out. No Timmons in round one.

Comment

The players that i've liked since before the combine:
      Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston, Leon Hall (iffy), ARRON ROSS, Earl Everette, Steve Breaston, JON BEASON, LORENZO BOOKER, Ben Patrick, Marvin White, Brandon Meriweather, John Talley, TARELL BROWN- has some character issues and broke arm in the national championship game, Fred Bennet, Desmond Bishop, Justin Durant, Prescott Burgess, Kareem Brown, Quentin Moses, Chase Pittman, Justin Blalock, Aaron Sears, Brandon Frye, Corey Hilliard, Chris Davis, Rhema McKnight, Paul Williams, Sidney Rice, Aundrae Allison, Cory Anderson, MARSHAWN LYNCH, Selvin Young, Thomas Clayton-smallish unknown fast RB, Drew Tate- has the most guts I've seen in a QB, and we should try to get this guy in rounds 3-5, he led the LBs in every event except one, I just forget the one

Quincy Black
      Height: 6-15/8 | Weight: 240 | 40-Time: 4.50

Official Bio

Strengths:
      An outstanding athlete...Has great timed speed...Is fluid and does a tremendous job in coverage...Has good range and a burst to close in pursuit...Has very good instincts and seems to always be around the ball...Has a great motor...Ball skills are above average...Great blitzer...Smart with solid intangibles...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
      Needs to get stronger...Is not overly tough or physical...Has some trouble getting off blocks...Does not play as fast as he ran in workouts...Needs to do a better job versus the run...Footwork and technique are sub par...A bit of an underachiever?

Notes:
      Attended Harper College near Chicago (IL) before coming to the Lobos...Has all the physical tools you look for and he was a true workout warrior at the Scouting Combine...Has a 40+-inch vertical leap...A very intriguing developmental guy who may get pushed up draft boards in such a weak year for the linebacker position.
      Career Statistics
      Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
      2003 JUCO - - - - -
      2004 12 18 0.0 0.0 0 0
      2005 11 63 3.5 1.5 5 1
      2006 13 114 1.0 0.0 4 3
      Totals 36 195 4.5 1.5 9 4

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

chris houston has hada great combine workout but is very indersized at the corner

Comment

How to figure? I'd be estatic to take him in the first, he really fits into our system

Comment

no doubt about it he is a great corner but i dont think he is worth our #20 pick. Although we do need some speed in our defense the only way i would draft a corner is if Hall came to us. I would take Houston though if Poz,Brown,Timmons, and Hall all got picked up before our pick

Comment

Originally posted by grizmoandchodey View Post
              chris houston has hada great combine workout but is very indersized at the corner
              ya but the fact of the matter is corner backs tend to b really small these days and those are the ones who r effective- look @ dre bly hes like 5'9
              speed is more key these days for a corner than height
              id b very happy to get houston

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10080649

Jamie Duke's Mock Draft on Nfl.com
                Terrrrrible giants pick- he has us taking tony ugoh 1st round!

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Alright I am going to put up a rest of the offseason mock, let me know what you think.

Sign via FA

Rocky Boiman-OLB-1 year-$650,000

Boiman gives us another veteran yet younger LB that can play both outside spots. He is an excellent pass defender and special teamer that has the attittude the Reese is going after. By no means would this be a significant signing, but he'd be cheap and would be a nice role player.

Cuts

Tim Hasselbeck

Trades

Jim Finn to Jets for 6th round pick

2007 NFL Draft

1st round-Ted Ginn Jr.-Ohio State

I know this won't be the most popular pick amongst many of the guys here, but I don't care. I have been watching all the film I can get my hands on that have to do with the WRs in this draft and Ginn is amazing me. His speed is something that could take this offense to another level in so many ways. His route running and hands are underrated and will improve with time. His return ability alone could warrant a 1st round pick, but I think his game will translate very well into the NFL as a WR. We can get an Amani Toomer type WR in any draft, but to get a guy with the speed of Ginn is not possible more often than not. A lot of players do not play as fast as their 40 time, but Ginn plays faster than his 4.3 speed which is sick. Eli loves to throw the ball downfield and if Ginn is the one running those fly routes, you can bet your balls that this conenction would be lethal for years.

2nd round-Earl Everett-OLB-Florida

I have been on Everett's banwagon for quite some time now and I still think he will be a very good LB in the NFL despite a slower than expected appearence at the combine. Fact remains that he plays with speed when in pads and has the kind of team first, all out attitude you want on a team. A very good coverage LB that was often relied on to cover TEs by himself in college who can also apply some pressure on the QB and get into the backfield and be disruptive. He will compete with Wilkinson for the starting WILL job but until he gets a little bit stronger in the lower half, I don't think he could win that competition. However he would round out our need for depth at LB and could be starting by the middle of the season should Wilkinson not get the job done, which is what I expect.

3rd round-Paul Solai-DT-Utah

I love what Cofield and Seawright gave us this past year, and I am pretty sure they can play at the same level again in 2007. However, a lot of people do not realize how fortunate we were to have them healthy all year because that is a position that is pretty easy to get beat up at. Plus, it was apparent that both of them, especially Cofield, wore down late in the year and our run defense took a hit because of it. I think that adding another big body into the rotation is absolutely vital and I have zero confidence in Joseph or Seawright. Solai has a monstrous body but does not play slow, has the high motor type playing style that gets the most out of himself and those around him. You need to be strong in the trenches and I think Solai would complete our D-line to where it needs to be in terms of Championship caliber.

4th round-Marvin White-FS-TCU

You guys know my liking of White, as I have been preaching about him for quite awhile now. He is a very good coverage, centerfielder type safety that has a ton of tools to work with. He knows how to read an offense and make plays on the ball, very sure hands. He also hits like Gibril Wilson in the sense that he throws his body around and can lay the lumber on a ball carrier. I understand we are set at safety with Wilson and Demps, but I feel we are going to eventually need someone back there that is cover first, play the run second. I hate to say it, but the best course of action might be to let Wilson walk next year and slide Demps to SS, a role he appeared to be comfortable with in last year's hybrid safety scheme.

5th round-DeShawn Wynn-RB-Florida

We do have our two headed monster all set to go with Jacobs and Droughns ready to break some backs, but I still want a change of pace back that is capable of taking it the distance every time he gets his hands on the ball. We have talked about Wynn for awhile now and you have to love his combination of speed, quickness, and leg strength. He has a very well put together 225 pound frame that allows him to run in a physical manner, but he also has the explosion to outrun almost everyone on the field. I'd be a lot more secure watching him run with the ball than Ward.

6th round-Dustin Fry-G/C-Clemson

We need a backup interior lineman that cna bring some versatility. Fry was the key to Clemson's nasty running attack up front yet he receives very little recognition for it. He plays with the nasty side that all offensive lineman should play with and I cannot help but think of Rich Seubert when I watch him play. With Seubert starting at LG scenario, Fry would group with Ruegamer and Lentz as the backup interior linemen that could get the job done should someone go down.

6th round (from Jets)-Cory Anderson-FB-Tennessee

The Giants need more of power presence at fullback with this new style of running that Jacobcs and Droughns will offer. Anderson is a no nonsense, straight ahead bulldozer that does not lose the heads up battles with linebackers. He is also a very good pass blocker, much like a TE you could say and can catch balls out of the backfield just as good as Finn.

7th round-Chris Leak-QB-Florida

I don't care that Leak does not meet the stereotypical requirements for QBs int he NFL. His brains alone combined with his success in college are enough to warrant him a 7th round pick. All this talk of him going undrafted is garbage because even though he likely will not have a huge impact on the game field, his brains in the film room, even as a rookie, can help any team. I'd much rather have him as our third QB than Hasselbeck who other than having a hot wife, offers nothing to us.

7th round (comp)-Jake Nordin-TE-Northern Illinois

Not much to say about this pick, just a good blocker from TE with adequate 260+ size and strength. He won't offer anything in the passing game but we already are stocked on targets for Eli to throw to, we need someone can can produce from TE in the running attack.

DEPTH CHART

QB-Eli Manning, Jared Lorenzen, Chris Leak

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Reuben Droughns, DeShawn Wynn, Derrick Ward

FB-Cory Anderson

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Ted Ginn Jr, Sinorice Moss, David Tyree

TE-Jeremy Shockey, Jake Nordin

OT-David Diehl, Kareem McKenzie, Guy Whimper

G-Chris Snee, Rich Seubert, Matt Lentz, Dustin Fry

C-Shaun O'Hara, Grey Ruegamer

DE-Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck

DT-Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield, Paul Solai, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright

OLB-Kawika Mitchell, Gerris Wilkinson, Rocky Boiman, Reggie Torbor, Earl Everett

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Chase Blackburn

CB-Sam Madison, Corey Webster, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, EJ Underwood

FS-Will Demps, Marvin White, James Butler

SS-Gibril Wilson, Jason Bell

K-Josh Huston

P-Jeff Feagles

LS-Ryan Kuehl
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    Alright I am going to put up a rest of the offseason mock, let me know what you think.

Sign via FA

Rocky Boiman-OLB-1 year-$650,000

Boiman gives us another veteran yet younger LB that can play both outside spots. He is an excellent pass defender and special teamer that has the attittude the Reese is going after. By no means would this be a significant signing, but he'd be cheap and would be a nice role player.

Cuts

Tim Hasselbeck

Trades

Jim Finn to Jets for 6th round pick

2007 NFL Draft

1st round-Ted Ginn Jr.-Ohio State

I know this won't be the most popular pick amongst many of the guys here, but I don't care. I have been watching all the film I can get my hands on that have to do with the WRs in this draft and Ginn is amazing me. His speed is something that could take this offense to another level in so many ways. His route running and hands are underrated and will improve with time. His return ability alone could warrant a 1st round pick, but I think his game will translate very well into the NFL as a WR. We can get an Amani Toomer type WR in any draft, but to get a guy with the speed of Ginn is not possible more often than not. A lot of players do not play as fast as their 40 time, but Ginn plays faster than his 4.3 speed which is sick. Eli loves to throw the ball downfield and if Ginn is the one running those fly routes, you can bet your balls that this conenction would be lethal for years.

2nd round-Earl Everett-OLB-Florida

I have been on Everett's banwagon for quite some time now and I still think he will be a very good LB in the NFL despite a slower than expected appearence at the combine. Fact remains that he plays with speed when in pads and has the kind of team first, all out attitude you want on a team. A very good coverage LB that was often relied on to cover TEs by himself in college who can also apply some pressure on the QB and get into the backfield and be disruptive. He will compete with Wilkinson for the starting WILL job but until he gets a little bit stronger in the lower half, I don't think he could win that competition. However he would round out our need for depth at LB and could be starting by the middle of the season should Wilkinson not get the job done, which is what I expect.

3rd round-Paul Solai-DT-Utah

I love what Cofield and Seawright gave us this past year, and I am pretty sure they can play at the same level again in 2007. However, a lot of people do not realize how fortunate we were to have them healthy all year because that is a position that is pretty easy to get beat up at. Plus, it was apparent that both of them, especially Cofield, wore down late in the year and our run defense took a hit because of it. I think that adding another big body into the rotation is absolutely vital and I have zero confidence in Joseph or Seawright. Solai has a monstrous body but does not play slow, has the high motor type playing style that gets the most out of himself and those around him. You need to be strong in the trenches and I think Solai would complete our D-line to where it needs to be in terms of Championship caliber.

4th round-Marvin White-FS-TCU

You guys know my liking of White, as I have been preaching about him for quite awhile now. He is a very good coverage, centerfielder type safety that has a ton of tools to work with. He knows how to read an offense and make plays on the ball, very sure hands. He also hits like Gibril Wilson in the sense that he throws his body around and can lay the lumber on a ball carrier. I understand we are set at safety with Wilson and Demps, but I feel we are going to eventually need someone back there that is cover first, play the run second. I hate to say it, but the best course of action might be to let Wilson walk next year and slide Demps to SS, a role he appeared to be comfortable with in last year's hybrid safety scheme.

5th round-DeShawn Wynn-RB-Florida

We do have our two headed monster all set to go with Jacobs and Droughns ready to break some backs, but I still want a change of pace back that is capable of taking it the distance every time he gets his hands on the ball. We have talked about Wynn for awhile now and you have to love his combination of speed, quickness, and leg strength. He has a very well put together 225 pound frame that allows him to run in a physical manner, but he also has the explosion to outrun almost everyone on the field. I'd be a lot more secure watching him run with the ball than Ward.

6th round-Dustin Fry-G/C-Clemson

We need a backup interior lineman that cna bring some versatility. Fry was the key to Clemson's nasty running attack up front yet he receives very little recognition for it. He plays with the nasty side that all offensive lineman should play with and I cannot help but think of Rich Seubert when I watch him play. With Seubert starting at LG scenario, Fry would group with Ruegamer and Lentz as the backup interior linemen that could get the job done should someone go down.

6th round (from Jets)-Cory Anderson-FB-Tennessee

The Giants need more of power presence at fullback with this new style of running that Jacobcs and Droughns will offer. Anderson is a no nonsense, straight ahead bulldozer that does not lose the heads up battles with linebackers. He is also a very good pass blocker, much like a TE you could say and can catch balls out of the backfield just as good as Finn.

7th round-Chris Leak-QB-Florida

I don't care that Leak does not meet the stereotypical requirements for QBs int he NFL. His brains alone combined with his success in college are enough to warrant him a 7th round pick. All this talk of him going undrafted is garbage because even though he likely will not have a huge impact on the game field, his brains in the film room, even as a rookie, can help any team. I'd much rather have him as our third QB than Hasselbeck who other than having a hot wife, offers nothing to us.

7th round (comp)-Jake Nordin-TE-Northern Illinois

Not much to say about this pick, just a good blocker from TE with adequate 260+ size and strength. He won't offer anything in the passing game but we already are stocked on targets for Eli to throw to, we need someone can can produce from TE in the running attack.

DEPTH CHART

QB-Eli Manning, Jared Lorenzen, Chris Leak

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Reuben Droughns, DeShawn Wynn, Derrick Ward

FB-Cory Anderson

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Ted Ginn Jr, Sinorice Moss, David Tyree

TE-Jeremy Shockey, Jake Nordin

OT-David Diehl, Kareem McKenzie, Guy Whimper

G-Chris Snee, Rich Seubert, Matt Lentz, Dustin Fry

C-Shaun O'Hara, Grey Ruegamer

DE-Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck

DT-Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield, Paul Solai, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright

OLB-Kawika Mitchell, Gerris Wilkinson, Rocky Boiman, Reggie Torbor, Earl Everett

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Chase Blackburn

CB-Sam Madison, Corey Webster, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, EJ Underwood

FS-Will Demps, Marvin White, James Butler

SS-Gibril Wilson, Jason Bell

K-Josh Huston

P-Jeff Feagles

LS-Ryan Kuehl
                    Im not a fan of taking Ginn 1st round personally. I think hes too raw and we have too many other pressing needs that need to be taken care of. Hes an interesting prospect and definently is worth looking at but i dont think its the smartest move for our team. Because is very raw, chances are he wouldnt make the largest impact this year and i feel with this team and how we are aging a bit we need to win now. I love Earl Everett 2nd round- i think thats a fantastic pick, hes going to be a great player. 1st round CB should be addressed if we can get everett 2nd round, like revis houston or hall if available. I do not know anything about rocky boiman so if you could say what team he was on, stats, anything would be helpful. I also think o line needs to be addressed earlier also. Your mock is very interesting and has some good points, but i think the key positions need to be addressed first and foremost. The only WR outside of calvin johnson i would want round 1 is robert meachem- ginn is just too risky and we need to hit a homerun round 1.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I think there is too much of the stereotypical talk that we absolutely need to go LB/CB in the first two rounds. We already have plenty of promising youth at CB and I don't see a rookie coming in and getting anything better than a #4 spot on the depth chart. And that's only if he beats out Underwood and Dockery, both of which really impressed last season.

We are not in a win now mode as much as you think, our offensive line will take another year to develop and I think and we have plenty of youth on the D-line and at LB. Plus, when drafting you have to go BPA more often than not because the draft is more about the future than the present. Plus, Ginn's ability to make the immediate impact you want on special teams could be huge (See Devin Hester).

My point remains that possibly getting a player of Ginn's caluber at #20 won't come around very often.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Ginn would be an option IF we didn't take Sinorice Moss last year. I heard that Coughlin likes big recievers ever since his days in Jacksonville. I doubt we'll take two speed WRs in consecutive needs. We should stick to CB, Big WR, or OLB in round one. If we go OLB or CB in round one, we could look at a guy like Aundrae Allison, Steve Smith, Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzalez in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                          Ginn would be an option IF we didn't take Sinorice Moss last year. I heard that Coughlin likes big recievers ever since his days in Jacksonville. I doubt we'll take two speed WRs in consecutive needs. We should stick to CB, Big WR, or OLB in round one. If we go OLB or CB in round one, we could look at a guy like Aundrae Allison, Steve Smith, Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzalez in round 2.
                          i think a guy like craig davis would be fine. Also Anthony Gonzalez also would b a nice fit. I do also think that taking a Wr simply based on what coughlin likes is ridiculous and i do not believe that is how we would choose one. The guy will probably be gone next year and is a lame duck: i do not know how much influence he really has left.

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

1-Coughlin does not run the draft. Reese does. And Reese wants speed, speed, and more speed.

2-This offense needs more speed/gamebreaking ability even if Moss pans out to be solid.

3-Those WRs you mentioned aren't exactly big.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              1-Coughlin does not run the draft. Reese does. And Reese wants speed, speed, and more speed.

2-This offense needs more speed/gamebreaking ability even if Moss pans out to be solid.

3-Those WRs you mentioned aren't exactly big.
                              Coaches still have some say in who they want.

I agree that we need speed on offense. In fact, the biggest issue last year was that our WRs couldn't get separation.

The wide recievers I mentioned aren't exactly small either. They are all right around 200 pounds. They all have good height, good hands, good speed. Add Jason Hill to that list also. I don't think Ginn can be a solid #2 reciever, because there is no way he is going over the middle at 178 pounds. That limits him to the same role that Moss is limited to, Slot WR and KR. While we do have a need at WR, we don't have a need at slot reciever.

Comment

I really think that we can set our sights higher then that in round 2 (except for Gonzalez and possibly Smith).

It wouldnt surprise me if teams, recognizing that there are about 6 guys with similar skills, that they hesitate thinking they can get a WR second round. I wouldnt be shocked if Sidney Rice, or even Dwayne Jarrett is available in the second (maybe we would have to trade up a few spots or so)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information