• Show
Clear All

• ricky bobby
    started a topic Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

New mock draft

1. Leon Hall - CB – 5’11” 193 - Michigan
    Workout numbers: 4.41 forty, 15 reps, 37.5 vert, 6.5 three cone
    We need a starter opposite of Webster for next season. I was hoping that we signed Roderick Hood and that would allow us to use our 1st pick on another area of need, but he is off the market along with the rest of the top DBs. Hall is a very established and experienced corner back who I believe could come in and start for us next season. He had a great combine and showed off his athleticism. I was especially impressed with his three cone speed.

2. Justin Durant – WLB – 6’1” 230 - Hampton
    Workout numbers: 4.51 forty, 25 reps, 36 vert, 6.77 three cone
    We need a starting WLB with the departure of Emmons and Arrington. Durant is a small school player who has been very productive during his career. He is still extremely young (turns 22 in late November) and has tons of upside. He very quietly had a superb combine. He is very athletic and would make a great compliment to Pierce and MLB and Kiwanuka and SLB.

3. Scott Chandler – TE – 6’7” 268 – Iowa
    Workout numbers: 4.78 forty, 16 reps, 30 vert
    Scott Chandler is a very underrated TE in this draft. We need to draft somebody to replace Shank. Chandler is very nimble and athletic for his size. He is a huge TE and should be able to develop his blocking. His receiving game is his strength and he would be a great redzone threat. I would have Ben Patrick here, but that would be a bit unrealistic.

4. Laurent Robinson – WR – 6’2” 200 – Illinois State
    Workout numbers: 4.41 forty, 19 reps, 39 vert, 6.83 three cone
    We need two new WRs on our roster for depth. Robinson should be the first, and the second could be Mix or a UDFA. Robinson is a small school player and for that reason won’t go higher than this. I would have us taking a WR in round 2 or 3, but this WR is extremely packed and we can get a good WR early day 2. Robinson put up great numbers at the combine but has been overshadowed by other players from more prominent programs.

5. Eldra Buckley - RB – 5’9” 205 – Tenn. Chattanooga
    Workout numbers: 4.59 forty, 36 inch vert.
    We need a scat back and although his workout numbers don’t show it, Buckley should be our guy. He is a quick RB who can come in and change the pace. He would be our 3rd RB behind Jacobs and Droughns. I don’t think Ward will make the final cut.

6. Craig Dahl – SS – 6’2” 216 – North Dakota State
    Workout numbers: 4.59 forty, 17 reps, 35 vert, 11.03 sixty yard shuttle
    Dahl is a small school sleeper who is another very athletic prospect. He ran the fastest 60 yard shuttle out of anyone in the combine regardless of position. He won’t start on defense, but can be an immediate impact on special teams.

7. LaRon Harris – NT – 6’3” 345 – Northwestern Oklahoma State
    Workout numbers: 1.7 10 yard shuttle, 33 reps, 33.5 vert
    I haven’t seen him play, but he is very intriguing because of his size. He had a great workout and should be a late round pick. He actually ended his workout (non-combine) with a backflip. He must have great lower body strength to do a backflip at 345 pounds. He was a division 1-A recruit but became lazy and left Tennessee.
    Last edited by ricky bobby; 03-13-2007, 03:29 PM.

• hugegmenfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    As of now I think I'm pretty set in stone that I'd like to see Beason or Revis on the Giants depending on how everything goes. If Branch falls I'd also like to see something happen with that.
    i totally agree. i want revis but i would say its very unlikely at this point we get him. beason is very possible and i hope we dont take joe staley over timmons/beason/etc. i would like branch as well

Leave a comment:

• smittyjs
    replied
    Thanks for the help, you have to look for my mock draft sometime tomorrow to see who i gave you ;)

Leave a comment:

• Giantsfan1080
    replied
    As of now I think I'm pretty set in stone that I'd like to see Beason or Revis on the Giants depending on how everything goes. If Branch falls I'd also like to see something happen with that.

Leave a comment:

• Number 10
    replied
    Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
    Out of these guys who do you think the GIANTS will pick???
    Jon Beason
    Poz
    Reggie Nelson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Chris Houston
    Aaron Ross
    Marcus McCauley

Thanks??
    Nelson or Beason...if I had to pick one it would be Beason.

Leave a comment:

• Giantsfan1080
    replied
    Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
    Jon Beason
    Poz
    Reggie Nelson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Chris Houston
    Aaron Ross
    Marcus McCauley

Thanks??
    Out of that list I think Beason and Poz are the best possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Damix
    replied
    1st round?

Nelson
    Beason
    Houston
    Ross
    Bowe
    Poz
    McCauley

IMO that'd be the order

Leave a comment:

• smittyjs
    replied
    Jon Beason
    Poz
    Reggie Nelson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Chris Houston
    Aaron Ross
    Marcus McCauley

Thanks??

Leave a comment:

• Giantsfan1080
    replied
    Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Long is alright, but I don't think he'll be available with the 32nd overall pick next year. He's a top ten talent. Staley is better than Baker IMO. Baker got harrassed by a couple UCLA defensive ends. If it wasn't for that game, I think he would come out early.
    Those UCLA ends are quick as hell and Baker made the adjustment in the Michigan game. Those ends harassed more than Baker last season. I know Long is a top 10 talent but the way I look at it is if we have Diehl at LT and we win the Super Bowl then Diehl was obviously good enough to play in that spot. If we do bad with Diehl at LT then we'll be drafting high enough to grab Long or Baker possibly.

Leave a comment:

• ricky bobby
    replied
    Well Long is 6'7 320 so he's bigger than Staley and used to playing LT at a premier program for a longer time. Baker is about the same height and weight as Staley and just as athletic. I'd give Baker the nod again because he is used to the position and because he has faced better competition. I think Long and Baker also have more of that mean streak you'd like to see at the Tackle.
    Long is alright, but I don't think he'll be available with the 32nd overall pick next year. He's a top ten talent. Staley is better than Baker IMO. Baker got harrassed by a couple UCLA defensive ends. If it wasn't for that game, I think he would come out early.

Leave a comment:

• Giantsfan1080
    replied
    Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    What seperates Long and Baker from Staley?

Well Long is 6'7 320 so he's bigger than Staley and used to playing LT at a premier program for a longer time. Baker is about the same height and weight as Staley and just as athletic. I'd give Baker the nod again because he is used to the position and because he has faced better competition. I think Long and Baker also have more of that mean streak you'd like to see at the Tackle.

Leave a comment:

• ricky bobby
    replied
    Gallery was the same way and looked how he worked out. I'm not saying Staley is that but I'd rather just have a big hulk of a man at LT with long arms who can grab and d-lineman coming around. I think Diehl is pretty athletic for a LT already. Last, I'd just see where the chips falls this year and then try and get Long or Baker next year depending on what happens.
    What seperates Long and Baker from Staley?

Leave a comment:

• Giantsfan1080
    replied
    Gallery was the same way and looked how he worked out. I'm not saying Staley is that but I'd rather just have a big hulk of a man at LT with long arms who can grab and d-lineman coming around. I think Diehl is pretty athletic for a LT already. Last, I'd just see where the chips falls this year and then try and get Long or Baker next year depending on what happens.

Leave a comment:

• ricky bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.
    I'd be OK with the pick. He has the athleticism of a TE and the body of a LT. Anyone who is 6'6" 305 is as quick and fast as Staley is is alright with me.

Leave a comment:

• Forenci
    replied
    I actually seem to be one of the few people who like Staley. The guy is a frickin' athlete at his posistion. If he can put on a little bit more weight he'll be in good shape to do well. I think he might be a part of that new breed of offensive linemen that will be able to deal with those speed rushers, and more importantly, those 3-4 OLB pass rushers that leaves many tackles in the dust.

Have him sit behind Diel for a year to gain strength and improve technique and then he could be ready. I believe it would be a fine pick. However, if Revis isn'y off the board at our pick (the only pick I would absolutely be upset about if we skipped over in the first) then I'd want him to be the pick. I honestly don't know if any of the linebacker would be worthy of the #20 pick. Sure if someone like Branch slips to us, I don't think we should be taking Staley, but otherwise I'd wouldn't mind having him.

Honestly, Staley doesn't impress be because of his measureables. He impresses me with his on the field athletism. Gave up something like 3 sacks in two years.

Well, that's just my opinion. I think if Revis and no big names slip to us, I don't see picking Staley as such a disaster. He might be a really good player. I think his measurables just got him attention, that's all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information