No announcement yet.

Joey Porter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel like Sean Salisbury talking to John Clayton. he wants to play in a 3-4, thats why hes being contacted by 3-4 teams. if im not mistaken he put the giants name out there a 4-3 team. porter can play in any system a great athlete is a great athlete. i love you guys who watch alot of nfl live and read online and think your expert sports writers.

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
      i feel like Sean Salisbury talking to John Clayton. he wants to play in a 3-4, thats why hes being contacted by 3-4 teams. if im not mistaken he put the giants name out there a 4-3 team. porter can play in any system a great athlete is a great athlete. i love you guys who watch alot of nfl live and read online and think your expert sports writers.
      If he was like you said, Timlin would have kept him because supposedly they are going to a 4-3, Tampa 2 in cover schemes. If he was that good, he would be on the team. After all they have no problem keeping Bettis, who took a paycut. If they had use for Joey, they would have signed him for less, and he would be plugged into that system, but he wasnt. If he played in a 4-3 system he may have a chance to do well, but the fact remains, his whole image and production came in a 3-4, so it makes no sense for him to leave. Not to mention the probability of him doing well in a 4-3 wont be good because of the intial learning curve.

Comment

There is a huge difference between Joey Porter playing in a Tampa 2 4-3 defense and our 4-3 defense. You are right he isn't the best fit if Pitt is switching to a Tampa 2. Also I doubt of any learning curve Porter would have. It would be no less of him coming from one 4-3 team to another. This is a seasoned veteran. He'll be able to pick it up.

Comment

#1 why would porter take a pay cut when he was just talking about taking the most money to help his family (why are you comparing bettis to porter bettis was at the end of his career) and 2 im done talking about this cuz its like talking to a brick wall, i cant get through no matter what i say.

Comment

#1 why would porter take a pay cut when he was just talking about taking the most money to help his family (why are you comparing bettis to porter bettis was at the end of his career) and 2 im done talking about this cuz its like talking to a brick wall, i cant get through no matter what i say.
            We all def feel the same way, good. We can agree to disagree and move the f on!

Comment

The only problem I would have with signing Porter is the market. He will probably cost a whole lot with 5 years I'm guessing. I'd like to get him maybe for 3 years at around 4-4.5 a year. But that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                The only problem I would have with signing Porter is the market. He will probably cost a whole lot with 5 years I'm guessing. I'd like to get him maybe for 3 years at around 4-4.5 a year. But that isn't happening.

With Adalius Thomas getting $10 million per season, I can't see Porter getting anything less than $7 million per season.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  With Adalius Thomas getting $10 million per season, I can't see Porter getting anything less than $7 million per season.
                  I don't know how true this is but I just read the Dolphins are favored to get him right now and most likely at around 5 million per season.

Comment

I don't know how true this is but I just read the Dolphins are favored to get him right now and most likely at around 5 million per season.
                    Anything to keep him away from us quite frankly. We need more character in our locker room. Joey Porter does nothing but let our developing talent rot on the bench. Im hoping we don't get him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Anything to keep him away from us quite frankly. We need more character in our locker room. Joey Porter does nothing but let our developing talent rot on the bench. Im hoping we don't get him.
                      Unless the move to SLB for Kiwi is 100% accurate, we have no developing talent at SLB.

Comment

Unless the move to SLB for Kiwi is 100% accurate, we have no developing talent at SLB.
                        Yeah, but keep in mind, for the most part, the SAM is a blue collar position in the 4-3. 90% of the teams out there have a JAG at SAM. If we resign Short, we'll be ok. You need playmakers at MIKE and WILL.

We resigned Torbor, so maybe Reese is willing to give him a shot? I don't know if I agree with that. I rather give Short the snaps while Kiwi develops (if thats his role).

Comment

I don't think we are resigning Short. It seems they have showed no interest at all.

Comment

I don't think we are resigning Short. It seems they have showed no interest at all.
                            That means that Torbor is our SAM until Kiwi develops (if thats the plan). I don't know if I like that idea. We'll see though.

One things for sure, this puts added pressure on our draft to aquire a safety who can cover the TE. Unless they feel that Wilson/Demps is able to do that. I still want a safety in round 1. With our LB core the way it is, we need a coverage safety in the worst way.

Comment

id never put kiwi at LB in the 4-3 hes to valuable as an end, in my opinion hes our best end right now. tuck needs to get a look at LB for full time duty. spags will notice tuck in training camp. maybe he will get a look. kiwi has just got that natural game strength you look for in a player. the guy is going to be a special DE leave him where he is.

Comment

id never put kiwi at LB in the 4-3 hes to valuable as an end, in my opinion hes our best end right now. tuck needs to get a look at LB for full time duty. spags will notice tuck in training camp. maybe he will get a look. kiwi has just got that natural game strength you look for in a player. the guy is going to be a special DE leave him where he is.

agreed for the most part, but our best end right now Osi Umenyiora, then Strahan cause he still has something left, then i would say kiwi and tuck

so that makes 4 good ends. trying to move 1 of them (kiwinuka) to OLB, isnt that far-fetched of an idea i suppose.
                                Dedicated to the chase for back-to-back Superbowl titles. New York Giants for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information