No announcement yet.

Will Beatty, LT, UCONN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown got handed too much responsibility too soon. He didn't get enough help, with a vet like winston on the other side they should've been able to leave a TE to help brown more often than not, but they didn't. His weaknesses got exposed but he did show a lot of flashes where he used his athletic ability and nastiness to get to the second level and blow linebackers there. It was a very inconsistent year for him but showed a lot of good things that make you think once he really puts it together he'll be a keeper.

Comment

You guys now I've still got wood right now.

Comment

I am really liking what I have seen of Beatty so far

He has some ways to go, but I could see him beating out Diehl at LT (with Diehl reverting to LG) in the next year or two.

Comment

Im LOVIN Beatty now, I can see him be our starting LT allowing us to shift Diehl back inside where he'll be a MONSTER. Now if we can get a MEAN RT to mold under Mackenzie, cause I dont think Whimper is a starter for us, he just doesnt have that nasty demeanor
          LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

My thoughts on William Beatty:

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
            You guys now I've still got wood right now.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Good to know he's played well in spot duty, I was so pissed we traded back and passed on him. We could of sat him behind Flozell for a year or 2 and had our tackles of the future in Beatty and Free, whenever a LT is lacking in strength he usually just needs some time to hit the weight room to improve in that area.

Hopefully he gets more playing time next year so I can get a better look at him, because were probably still in the market for a LT unless we kick Free over(which I think he can do, but is still a question mark).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Good to know he's played well in spot duty, I was so pissed we traded back and passed on him. We could of sat him behind Flozell for a year or 2 and had our tackles of the future in Beatty and Free, whenever a LT is lacking in strength he usually just needs some time to hit the weight room to improve in that area.

Hopefully he gets more playing time next year so I can get a better look at him, because were probably still in the market for a LT unless we kick Free over(which I think he can do, but is still a question mark).
                Free shouldn't have lost his job to Columbo at the end of the season imo.

Beatty has the tools, and the fire, but he needs to bulk up and needs more experience. I'm hoping he'll be what I think he can be.

Comment

What I've always loved about Beatty is that despite his slighter frame he's always done a great job of using his burst and hands to be very effective as a run blocker. He's got the feet and instincts to become a wonderful pass blocker, but if he bulks up he could also be a wonderful run blocker. Our OL should be a lot better next season, solely because of Beatty moving into the LT spot and letting Diehl move back to LG.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information