Reese looking to draft Brian Leonard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reese looking to draft Brian Leonard?

There hasnt really been much talk about a RB in comparasion to its need for us.

Dominic Rhodes and Jamal Lewis are the only proven RBs that are available and Lewis is likely to re-sign with Baltimore and isn't really a fit. Rhodes came in for a visit, but we didnt get it done.

Green, Henry, Mcgahee, Thomas Jones, etc are all signed, and a trade for Mcgahee seems unlikely.

I think Reese might be positioning to draft Brian Leonard. Besides the obvious fact that it fills our need for a second back, it also gives us a pass catcher out of the backfielder to make up for Tiki. And beyond that, it would be an extremely popular pick that the fans would love.

I think Reese will select Leonard in the draft partially because of the fans (and its a perfectly sound selection also). It would give a good impression to the fans and boost Reese's own popularity.

What do you think about this?

Michael Turner is still here in SD. Would Giants fans give up a first for him?

Comment

No we wouldnt give up a first for Turner who would be splitting time with BJ
      Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
      Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
      2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
      2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
      2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
        There hasnt really been much talk about a RB in comparasion to its need for us.

Dominic Rhodes and Jamal Lewis are the only proven RBs that are available and Lewis is likely to re-sign with Baltimore and isn't really a fit. Rhodes came in for a visit, but we didnt get it done.

Green, Henry, Mcgahee, Thomas Jones, etc are all signed, and a trade for Mcgahee seems unlikely.

I think Reese might be positioning to draft Brian Leonard. Besides the obvious fact that it fills our need for a second back, it also gives us a pass catcher out of the backfielder to make up for Tiki. And beyond that, it would be an extremely popular pick that the fans would love.

I think Reese will select Leonard in the draft partially because of the fans (and its a perfectly sound selection also). It would give a good impression to the fans and boost Reese's own popularity.

What do you think about this?
        STOP! please stop! ur incredibly biased about brian leonard and its misrepresenting the giants needs and wants please stop!
        leonard is a waste of a pick imo
        first of all- not all giants fans are rutgers fans, most have absolutely no allegiance to rutgers, and i do not think he would simply pick a player to appease a few rutgers alum/fans of the jersey area
        he is not quick enough and not the type of elusive back we need to complement jacobs- id much rather get a guy like irons, booker, hunt, walker, brandon jackson or most preferably sign rhodes
        yes he has good hands, but so do other backs that satisfy more of a need

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

hugegmen fan- leonard ran faster than hunt, and is overall better at RB than hunt, and jackson.(esp. hunt) we wont get him becuz that would be a luxury pick, he would fit in nicely with his blocking and hands at RB to help eli, but he wont be there for us in round 2, we cant afford to lose picks and trade up, and we have more pressing needs at LB and most importantly CB
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Im not gonna deny that I am biased. But Leonard definitely fits our needs. Even the mock draft on this very site has him going to the Giants over all the guys you mentioned.

Comment

i rather have kenny irons but big leonard would be a nice pick too.

Comment

20 would be awfully high for Leonard, and I don't see him being there for their 2nd round pick right now.

Comment

We don't need two power backs.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                    We don't need two power backs.
                    Leonard has underrated speed. He's not a power back like Jacobs is, although he has power. I think he would fit in great, especially as a pass catcher

Comment

I'd much rather take Lorenzo Booker in the third or even fourth. He's more of a scat back and can catch the ball just as well as Leonard can. He'd make a much better combination than Jacobs/Leonard would. I would be happpy with Darius Walker or Antonio Pittman as well, as we can get them a lot lower.

We'd have to give away Draft picks to move up high enough to grab him in the second, and we're going to need the picks we have.

Sorry, but this pick will not happen, unless Ernie Accorsi comes back.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I hate college homers who try to pass their guys off on pro teams. I want the best guy available. I don't care if he goes to Bo Didley Tech as long as he can play.

Comment

If we drafted BL, I'd get a boner.. BL is a stud and character guy we can use on this team. His versatility alone can be a huge asset for us.

Comment

I like Brian Leonard the player, but realistically, I don't see a spot for him on this team. Especially since he'd require a high investment. We have bigger fish to fry than a RB/FB hybrid that has no true position that we would have to create plays for.

I still think he'd be a great Hback in a 2 TE scheme. He just has no spot on our team worthy of that high of an investment thats all. I understand he's a local guy and what not, but it he just doesn't fit here. Not with our needs, not with our offensive system. Love the player, hate him on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I like Brian Leonard the player, but realistically, I don't see a spot for him on this team. Especially since he'd require a high investment. We have bigger fish to fry than a RB/FB hybrid that has no true position that we would have to create plays for.

I still think he'd be a great Hback in a 2 TE scheme. He just has no spot on our team worthy of that high of an investment thats all. I understand he's a local guy and what not, but it he just doesn't fit here. Not with our needs, not with our offensive system. Love the player, hate him on our team.
                              That's fine, that's what coaches do. They innovate and create ways to use players. Bill B is the master at that. He would be a great H back, can spell Jacobs on carries, and block for him as well. Good hands out of the backfield, and would be a huge upgrade over Finn. He also brings more to the table as well.

I would disagree I think he fit in perfectly on this team, and what realistically would happen is the Eagles may get him, and than we'd have to worry about him, and Westbrook coming out of the backfield. I think he would be a great asset on this team, and brings tremendous value to this offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information