Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

    Its never too early. List some guys you have your eyes on.


    As of right now, my main man is Brandon Spikes to play MIKE for us.

  • #2
    Should we list guys who we have a realistic shot to get? I love Sergio Kindle from Texas but unless we completely fall apart we have no shot at him.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Should we list guys who we have a realistic shot to get? I love Sergio Kindle from Texas but unless we completely fall apart we have no shot at him.
      list anyone and everyone. you never know who is what by this time next year.


      if i recall correctly, i wanted Fili Moala last year, who was pegged as a top 20 pick, and he fell all the way to round 2 and was projected as a round 3/4 pick.


      Michael Oher was supposed to the first LT off the board and went in the 20s.


      so you never know.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just to start the Rutgers love for next year as well then watch Anthony Davis. He has NFL OT written all over him and will probably be a 1st rounder if he comes out early. He can def. be the LT of the future if we are looking tha way. Whimper, Beatty, and Davis would set us up beautifully on the O-Line.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Just to start the Rutgers love for next year as well then watch Anthony Davis. He has NFL OT written all over him and will probably be a 1st rounder if he comes out early. He can def. be the LT of the future if we are looking tha way. Whimper, Beatty, and Davis would set us up beautifully on the O-Line.
          i like Davis.


          other guys ive kept tabs on:

          Greg Hardy
          George Selvie
          Mark Herzlich
          Taylor Mays
          Eric Berry
          Earl Thomas (realistic shot and is a beast)
          Sam Young

          Comment


          • #6
            i really like george selvie, would not mind if we took him although itd mean we'd definitely part ways with kiwi

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't see us resigning Kiwi anyway. He's just gonna cost too much for us to keep.

              He's either trade bait next year, or we keep him and franchise him and try to squeeze as many years as we can out of him before we let him walk.

              Comment


              • #8
                I love Spikes, I thought he would've been the second LB selected had he come out, that said I don't think that we need another backer with Boley, Sintim, Kehl and Goff as our young backers. I'm still on the Oghobaase bandwagon, I think he has the potential to be a poor man's albert haynesworth and will do a great job pushing the pocket and forcing penetration while shutting down the interior running game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah the development of Kehl and Goff along with Sintim will be key in evaluating our need for a LB this coming year.


                  a game changing MIKE would do wonders for this defense though. Spikes could be that guy.

                  I thought Maualuga couldve been that guy this year, but we passed on him. that kind of hurt, i was hoping he'd fall to us when we picked Sintim.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    yeah the development of Kehl and Goff along with Sintim will be key in evaluating our need for a LB this coming year.


                    a game changing MIKE would do wonders for this defense though. Spikes could be that guy.

                    I thought Maualuga couldve been that guy this year, but we passed on him. that kind of hurt, i was hoping he'd fall to us when we picked Sintim.
                    I'm probably over-rating Goff and Kehl but I think both could be starting by the playoffs, Kehl at sam and Goff stepping in for AP, since I wouldn't be surprised to see him get injured due to those extra 15 pounds he doesn't want to lose.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      I'm probably over-rating Goff and Kehl but I think both could be starting by the playoffs, Kehl at sam and Goff stepping in for AP, since I wouldn't be surprised to see him get injured due to those extra 15 pounds he doesn't want to lose.
                      I'm a big fan of Goff so I hope your right. Looking at the defense for next draft the only positions we might need help at are S, MLB, and DT. I like Goff but if there is a stud available we might jump on that. It is so insane the depth that Reese has built on this team.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah its hard to find any "holes" at the moment on this team. The depth is pretty ridiculous.

                        Its almost like we're trying to replace good players with great ones. I love Goff myself, and I'm talking about how we have a hole at MIKE.


                        that tells you how deep we really are.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Yeah its hard to find any "holes" at the moment on this team. The depth is pretty ridiculous.

                          Its almost like we're trying to replace good players with great ones. I love Goff myself, and I'm talking about how we have a hole at MIKE.


                          that tells you how deep we really are.
                          Yeah my thoughts exactly. Even Johnson has been more than average for us but he's considered our biggest hole at the moment.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            Yeah my thoughts exactly. Even Johnson has been more than average for us but he's considered our biggest hole at the moment.
                            now we just have to find a way to get AP off the field haha. he's actually our biggest weakness on defense, and its sad that our backups would instantly fix that problem.


                            ive really soured on AP. it pains me to say it bc i love the guy, but he's just not good anymore.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You guys have literally no needs starting or depth. Just give your damn picks away to people who need them. LOL.

                              Like seriously... what positions are still needed?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information