No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the year began it would have been McClain who was more realistic.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• yeah i won't be surprised if mcclain is a top 7 pick by the time the draft comes around.

he's a freak athlete, smart, productive, he's basically Patrick Willis.

he'll go very high.

Comment

• just throwing this out there, Terrance Cody, i described what i thought of him having an on and off motor, weight issues, but how do you guys feel. I dont know but i think that if we got the combo of Cody and McClain, we'd be pretty set for a bit given both keep their potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
          just throwing this out there, Terrance Cody, i described what i thought of him having an on and off motor, weight issues, but how do you guys feel. I dont know but i think that if we got the combo of Cody and McClain, we'd be pretty set for a bit given both keep their potential.
          I'd be fine with it but it would never happen. We'd have to trade up for both most likely and that's not possible.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I'd be fine with it but it would never happen. We'd have to trade up for both most likely and that's not possible.
            well, i realize that 3-4 NT's with his talent dont come around very often, but weight issues (much more than Glen Dorsey's were), knee injuries, there's a possiblity he might drop. On many draft sites he's ranked 3rd or 4th of DT's and in the teens on average of value.

Rolando has had a hard life, i can forgive his character concerns, but god damn he's a player. He needs to be on our team, i dont care if we need to trade a future 1st, he's worth it IMO.

Plan: Trade away Kiwi w/ future second and fourth to Miami (3-4 team), net around a 15-20 1st rounder. Use other picks as ammo likely use up 4th this year.

*1a. Rolando McClain MLB - become MLB eventually
            *1b. Terrence Cody NT - Run stuffing, double team eating monster
            2. Ciron Black OT - cements our right OL as our RT in training
            3. Reshad Jones S - (don't think he's worthy of the 1st-2nd round consideration) progressive learning while playing if kenny phillips is done.
            5. Alterraun Verner CB - productive battle tested cb with potential
            6. Stevenson Sylvester OLB/ST - explosive, plays with emotion, great athleticism.
            7. BPA (best punter available)

Comment

• i feel both Cody and McClain are over rated
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                just throwing this out there, Terrance Cody, i described what i thought of him having an on and off motor, weight issues, but how do you guys feel. I dont know but i think that if we got the combo of Cody and McClain, we'd be pretty set for a bit given both keep their potential.
                I think he's a massively over-rated prospect who plays too high, does a ****** job using his arms to keep people off of him and then the obvious conditioning issues. He's a major project and frankly a piss poor fit on a 4-3 team like us. I'd rather grab a more UT like prospect like Brian Price, although Price probably won't last to our pick, in which case I want either Vince Oghobaase or Dan Williams to be a giant with Major Wright, Reshad Jones or Nate Allen being our other top 2 round pick.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Cody wouldn't work in our 4-3 defense.

I think the best guy for our scheme is Dan Williams. Not only can he hold the point against the run and has mass to him, but he can also penetrate. I know the Giants have shied away from bigger DTs in recent years, but I think its time they bulked up inside.

They focused so much on stopping the pass in recent years, they forgot that they have to stop the run first. We need big guys inside.

As for our 1st round pick, if we're picking top 10, I think we have to get McClain. Its a no brainer to me. He's everything you want in a MIKE.

if we're picking 15-20, then things get trickier. bc McClain will be gone. Now who do you get? Do you go after Mays? I'm a Mays fan, but I'm starting to think he's overrated. And he plays undisciplined football.

Do we move back and collect picks? I think that would be ideal in that scenario. We need to nab a quality C and DT, and I would like to nab both in the 2nd round, and that is only possible if we move back in the first and collect a 2nd round pick.

That way, we can nab Brandon Spikes in the late 1st (who is sure to fall), and then nab our 2nd round DT and 2nd round C that we desperately need.

Comment

• I suspect we'll be picking in the late first round, 20 or later, and so want us to leave the first two rounds with one of Brian Price, Vince Oghobaase or Dan Williams and one of Major Wright, Reshad Jones or Nate Allen. Sure if a stud like McClain, Spikes, Mays or Bulaga is available at our pick I'd be awful tempted to go in that direction, but if we leave with two of the six guys I mentioned I'd be stoked.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• I don't know enough about everybody yet to really want any specific players outside of some obvious choices like McClain, Spikes, Mays etc.

But I definitely want us to address MIKE, DT, and Center right away.

I'm hoping we can nab a quality FA safety if any are available. We don't need a stud safety, just a solid SS who can play opposite of Phillips or Johnson if Phillips career is over.

I think Dawan Landry's contract is up, and maybe he becomes available. I would give him a serious look.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I don't know enough about everybody yet to really want any specific players outside of some obvious choices like McClain, Spikes, Mays etc.

But I definitely want us to address MIKE, DT, and Center right away.

I'm hoping we can nab a quality FA safety if any are available. We don't need a stud safety, just a solid SS who can play opposite of Phillips or Johnson if Phillips career is over.

I think Dawan Landry's contract is up, and maybe he becomes available. I would give him a serious look.
                        I think I've read that Whitner has an option in his contract and depending on the new HC Buffalo might let him walk, he'd be a nice addition, but right now I'm not projecting much in FA this year, we spent money last year and I don't think JR spends a lot this year as well. Which is why I think SS is our second biggest need in the draft because we need someone who can play the run/in-the-box well as well as not being a liability in coverage. Frankly I think Major Wright would be a great addition if he comes out, kid's like a poor man's Bob Sanders without the injuries, at least so far.

BK

Comment

• getting a safety early in the draft hinders our ability to spend an early pick on either a DT or a C though.

I feel that both DT and C are round 2 needs. I don't want us to wait too long to address either position, bc i feel both positions need to be addressed early.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            getting a safety early in the draft hinders our ability to spend an early pick on either a DT or a C though.

I feel that both DT and C are round 2 needs. I don't want us to wait too long to address either position, bc i feel both positions need to be addressed early.
                            I don't think C is that pressing of a need. Between Seubert and O'Hara I think we can go another year without getting a new starter C, although a guy like O'Dowd in the third could be nice. Plus there will some good FA C's like Kevin Mawae or younger guys like the Eagles' Nick Cole.

BK

Comment

• with manning's injury, i highly doubt we are picking in the 20's. Dallas, Eagles, Washington, Carolina, Minnesota. I highly doubt we win more than 2 of these. Carolina's rush offense, Minnesota's rush and pass and D are so much better, Washington's D has been keeping them in games, our D has been losing us games. Dallas is overrated, Eagles are a bit overrated, but both are doing alot better than us.

We're likely 7-9, which would mean 14-19th draft position. I really don't mind, we need to reload, the way we've been playing is awful. Losing on the field will now give Jerry Reese an opportunity to work his magic.

Back to the draft, i dont remember seeing an impact player as a 3-4 NT in college in my lifetime watching football (roughly 9 years). What annoys me with our system is why we 'NEED' two more pass oriented, on the small side defensive tackles. Why not open up to a run stuffer and blocker eater who pushes the pocket?

When you think of it, it helps more than a passrushing DT, he takes double teams away from the pro bowl caliber DE's we have, allows us better angles to the QB (for A gap blitzes, not as much help from a Guard on one side, a DE has a straight line to the QB.

By taking two interior blockers from the QB, the opposing team can only have three more offensive linemen, and a possibility of 3 extra blockers (TE, FB, HB). This means we either have two extra guys in coverage or one extra guy blitzing. Most likely one will stay in the backfield, making a total of 4 players against a DT and two pro bowl DE's and another blitzer.

If all are in one on one matchups, and we have an extra coverage guy, that puts pressure on the QB and with the rush defense being strong, 3rd and longs will come often.

If you dont read any of that ^^^^ please read this. I would take a rush stopping defense with an average pass defense over average rush over great pass defense any day. It takes away the "Free" yards and puts it on the QB. With our stadium the way it is this helps us alot, we were built a rush stopping defense and used our Meadowland winds to keep us ahead. We can't use the pass to set up the run.

Comment

• We're better than Carolina and Washington, minnesota likely won't have anything to play for, Dallas and Philly are divisional games and I think we split those two. I could see us winning 4 of our last 5 to finish the year 10-6 fairly easily.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information